News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If season is cancelled and WBA/Leeds go up to a 22 team PL next season...

Started by The Rock, May 01, 2020, 04:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

I first thought it seemed we'd get a bit cheated, BUT, if and when there would be a next season and if that happens, one would think we'd have the leftover 22 teams plus the 2 promoted League One teams in our division and weaker competition and an even greater percentage chance in gaining promotion.

I actually think there is a chance something like this happens.

FulhamKC

ChesterTheTabby

If Leeds and WBA get promoted, so should we. That's all I'll say about that. People want to say "what about great escapes for potential relegated teams"....what about bottlejob season endings for the top teams who then miss out? Happens too often as well. I'm also very invested in us achieving promotion this year at whatever the cost with the team we have... won't have this good of players next year if we remain in the championship which makes the "easier competition" theory less likely for me.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

I would winge all the way to next season about being hard done by.

FFC1987

Wolf

It probably the most unfair scenario possible. If we have to wait until January for the resumption of matches I'd rather resume the current season. Those clubs have accumulated the points, players move around all the time (well during two windows a season). How the PL would cope with being the biggest European top flight I don't know, an additional 4 league fixtures to fit in alongside Champions and Europa Leagues, FA Cup, overseas tours, EFL Cup (obviously their first teams wouldn't participate). Second choice has to be scrapping the season. This hybrid of choosing teams to be promoted...well it'll lead to a closed shop super league once your Burnleys and Bournemouths have been squeezed out.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Can I use this thread to mention the Under 18 league as I have in the past. Six matches to go and we were top and the club awaits a decision on the standings. Regardless of Liverpool's big lead in the Premiership the League will have to apply the same principal to all if it's competitions and that decision should apply to the Championship and the Under 18 league.

The Rock

I think a lot would rather see the season played out whenever it could be possible to do so again.

If the EFL follows what the French did on an extrapolated average points per game basis, then 3 could potentially go up and we'd finish in 3rd regardless if that were the case as well.

Either way, there will be no lack of complaints whatever the outcome. I'd like to see us get promoted, obviously!

bill taylors apprentice

I'm sure Mr Khan's legal people are examining the PL rule book and any other relevant documents in advance of any announcements.

mrmicawbers

Would we get an extra year parachute payment if this was to happen?

EricB

Promote the top 3 (yes including Fulham), but relegation nobody. Give the parachute payment to the 3 left in the playoff positions. This probably keeps more people happy and allows the focus for all teams to be next season, whenever that can start

Baszab

I keep having the same nightmare - we start behind closed doors, lose to Brentford and the next game so we're in 4th - then loads of players get Covid so the league is frozen
Brentford go up in 3rd

KJS

filham

Quote from: Baszab on May 01, 2020, 08:34:54 PM
I keep having the same nightmare - we start behind closed doors, lose to Brentford and the next game so we're in 4th - then loads of players get Covid so the league is frozen
Brentford go up in 3rd
That thought makes you think and realise that the only satisfactory solution is to play all of the nine remaining games.

FFC1987

If they decided to go ahead with this, I'd happily walk away from football. I'd follow grass roots but i'd never pay money for elite football again. It's bad enough with how things are run with FFP and the like but to make calls like this, is utterly absurd.

St Eve

That would be a disaster. Also the 22 left over teams would strengthen and we would weaken probably losing Mitro and a few others.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: St Eve on May 02, 2020, 01:33:01 AM
That would be a disaster. Also the 22 left over teams would strengthen and we would weaken probably losing Mitro and a few others.

and get relegated
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.