more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov says he was cunning and not lazy

Started by sunburywhite, May 03, 2020, 09:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52511238

His touch was sublime, who can forget the crossfield ball he killed with a deft touch
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rebel

To be honest he did let the ball do most of the work; as his tee shirt said 'pass the ball to me'. His talent did the rest. I'm not sure he would make many best 11's because of the work rate. Wouldn't fit into a 'total football team', defend as a group, attack as a group etc.

Andy S

bog

He was a wonderfully gifted player, some of his control was stunning, but I don't think anyone really consistently saw the best of him. At Spuds with Robbie Keane he formed a top quality partnership but most of the time he was lazy. I think a waste of a real talent. If he had had the attitude and work ethic of someone like Keegan what a player he would be been.   

092.gif

filham

I doubt if we will ever see the likes of him again, he really was a one off so think yourself lucky to have watched such a talent.
Great for us when we were winning but infuriating when we were losing.

rebel

Quote from: filham on May 03, 2020, 11:24:44 AM
I doubt if we will ever see the likes of him again, he really was a one off so think yourself lucky to have watched such a talent.
Great for us when we were winning but infuriating when we were losing.

He only came to Fulham because of Jol and left after Jol left. So no great 'kudos' there. Mitro is the opposite, stayed when Slav left. It would have been easy for him to walk.

ALG01

he was talented but lazy
he had no interest in the team and in the article he clearly forgot he played for us

Holders

Probably the greatest player I've ever seen - and that includes Pele, Eusebio, Best, Moore etc. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Twig

MikeTheCubed

Great player, wrong team.

I honestly was not excited about it amidst the general euphoria when we signed him.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 03, 2020, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 03, 2020, 01:57:06 PM
Best penalty taker i have seen
Including Danny Murphy?

I stand corrected

Berbatov socred 22 missed 4
Murphy scored 30 missed 1

kiwian

But he could make a keeper look very silly.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

snarks

I'm not sure he was lazy, he was languid, and played at a different speed, but those better at finding the stats than me, will see he usually covered a lot of ground when he played. What he didn't do was the continual lung busting sprints, that people associate with work rate, he wasn't that type of player however he could get past people and score fantastic goals. He was a joy to watch

Woolly Mammoth

He could have made a wonderful career in the circus as a juggler, his act coming on between the Bearded Lady and the Human Cannon Ball.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 04, 2020, 10:04:23 AM
He could have made a wonderful career in the circus as a juggler, his act coming on between the Bearded Lady and the Human Cannon Ball.

I could think of a few of our ex players who would have made excellent human cannonballs .... particularly with the net left back in the caravan......

The Rock

Including Danny Murphy?

Regardless of the stats, those two may be the 2 best penalty takers in the history of the game. I can't think of one better.

Sting of the North

Quote from: The Rock on May 04, 2020, 04:56:35 PM
Including Danny Murphy?

Regardless of the stats, those two may be the 2 best penalty takers in the history of the game. I can't think of one better.

Le Tissier comes to mind, and I think Balotelli has a great record. Also don't think stats could reasonably be disregarded when discussing best penalty takers, so Berbatov is probably not that near the top of the list even though he looked like calmness personified.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: The Mekon on May 04, 2020, 09:30:10 AM
I truly believe he is the main reason we got relegated. Talented player with a crap attitude. I think he destroyed the team spirit.
Very much agree Mekon.
In his first season with us it was not so apparent.
In the second season Jol had so many flair players and so few bread and butter workers (incl Berba) that our Prem spot was on the line even before he was eventually sacked.