watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People that annoy you in the Media.

Started by mrmicawbers, May 03, 2020, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gezza

Has no one mentioned Alan Green. Thank god 5 Live have given him the push. Only interested in the top 4 of the premiership. He summed up his whole attitude when he said " why would any team want to play in the Europa League ? " . Ignorant little man.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Carborundum on May 03, 2020, 12:38:15 PM
Any football commentator or pundit that unthinkingly criticises a goalkeeper for letting one in at the near post.  The idea is to make scoring either side of the goal equally difficult, the size of the goals ensures difficult doesn't equal impossible.  Sure, a keeper can mess up, react too slowly, go down in instalments, fumble the ball, but that's equally true at either post.

With respect to news coverage, I try not to fixate on the personalities in a negative way.  Some of the editorial decision making and bias that underpins the coverage is a different matter.  But there's been some good stuff too.  Sarah Montague on the World at One has been playing a blinder in recent weeks.  Often Radio > Television.

The chap that works in tandem with Naga Munchetty knows exactly how to play it.  Watching him is very instructive.  Charlie Stait.  They work well together.

At last I've found a soul mate !!  The near-post cliché is just that : far too overused and seldom genuinely applicable.

I'm not wild about Naga but Charlie Stait is top notch, very unassuming.

Jamie Carragher - his voice gives me a clue as to what Chinese water torture would be like.