watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

People that annoy you in the Media.

Started by mrmicawbers, May 03, 2020, 11:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmicawbers

Sometimes not sure exactly why but some people in the Media really bug me.I will start with this offering.
Naga Manchetty
Keith Lemon
That O!Brian bloke on LBC loves the sound of his own voice and it's supposed to be  chat show.
Have to change channels or turn these lot off.

filham

Funny how tastes differ. For me  Nagga Manchetty is one of the most attractive ladies on TV

rebel

There is very little 'star quality' that's why we have stupid shows all under the Simon Cowell dross umbrella Love Island etc all a waste of one's vision. Media like the rest of the planet is ucked.

Southcoastffc

Gary Lineker.  Adrian Chiles. Alex Jones. Matt Baker.  Stephen Fry.  Each of them smugness personified.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Amanda Holden, imagine inviting her & her first husband Les Denis around for dinner.

Ronnief

The three I dislike most in order below:-

No.1       Alex Jones. At 7pm each evening I leave the room whilst my wife watches the One Show, I can't stand Alex             Jones's voice.

No.2       Likewise Jamie Garragher's voice and comments drive me insane.

No.3       Ian Wright just behaves like a loud mouth yob.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Ronnief on May 03, 2020, 11:46:10 AM

No.1       Alex Jones. At 7pm each evening I leave the room whilst my wife watches the One Show, I can't stand Alex             Jones's voice.

I can't remember who said it but I like this quote ""The One Show - the programme you watch while waiting for something good to come on."    ( I agree, Alex Jones' voice is like a rusty cheese grater)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Ronnief on May 03, 2020, 11:46:10 AM

1. Piers Moron - Ego on legs. Never passes on an opportunity to talk about his favourite subject, himself.

2. Keith Lemon - Just like a wasp, what is he for. Irritating, talentless and a grating voice/accent.

3. Simon Cowell. See Piers Moron.

Giving myself a bonus...

4. Joe Swash - See Keith Lemon above.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Carborundum

Any football commentator or pundit that unthinkingly criticises a goalkeeper for letting one in at the near post.  The idea is to make scoring either side of the goal equally difficult, the size of the goals ensures difficult doesn't equal impossible.  Sure, a keeper can mess up, react too slowly, go down in instalments, fumble the ball, but that's equally true at either post. 

With respect to news coverage, I try not to fixate on the personalities in a negative way.  Some of the editorial decision making and bias that underpins the coverage is a different matter.  But there's been some good stuff too.  Sarah Montague on the World at One has been playing a blinder in recent weeks.  Often Radio > Television.

The chap that works in tandem with Naga Munchetty knows exactly how to play it.  Watching him is very instructive.  Charlie Stait.  They work well together.

Holders

Graham Norton
Laura Kuenssberg
Julia Hartley-Brewer
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Slaphead in Qatar

Alex Jones tries too hard to be nice, but you know she's not really.

Woolly Mammoth

James O'Brien
Kevin Maguire
Owen Jones
Gary Lineker
Naga Manchetty
Susanna Reid
Kate Garroway
Graham Horton
Anyone with a lisp.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Eamon Holmes, Laura Kussenberg, Keith Lemon for now....

Luka

Robert Peston.
Just about the most irritating parlance on tv.
The way he quick,quick,slows........stops......mid sentence driiiiiiives me nuts.

ffcne

Lineker
Jim White
Jason Cundy
Carragher
Neville
Harry Redknapp and son Jamie
Jonathan Ross .His brother Paul is ok
Dan Walker.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2020, 01:14:53 PM
James O'Brien
Kevin Maguire
Owen Jones
Gary Lineker
Naga Manchetty
Susanna Reid
Kate Garroway
Graham Horton
Anyone with a lisp.

Lol, that's quite a long list.

Russianrob

bog

Not sure if he qualifies but the Chinese Ambassador in London. I saw him interviewed yesterday, what bombastic arrogant twerp...and worse.

In China I wonder whether I would get away with wearing a tee shirt saying that...... :022:

092.gif 

bobbo

There's a few , just like others but I not only find her annoying , I dislike her massively - Naga Munchetty.

She is foul, but also very clever, she constantly picks on Carol the weather girl with very sharp, difficult to answer quips.

A ver sarcastistic insincere person.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bog

Quote from: bobbo on May 03, 2020, 04:09:42 PM
There's a few , just like others but I not only find her annoying , I dislike her massively - Naga Munchetty.

She is foul, but also very clever, she constantly picks on Carol the weather girl with very sharp, difficult to answer quips.

A ver sarcastistic insincere person.

Did you know that her married surname is Hagga? She prefers to keep her maiden name....I wonder why? :022: