watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The best match you have ever seen?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 03, 2020, 11:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Watching bbc word cup rewinds yesterday reminded me of my favourite match - 1982 World Cup semi - France v Germany. I was only 10 but I always remember this match - pulsating, exciting , incredible game.

What's your favourite ever game?

filham

It always has to be a Fulham match for me and I have to go back to that great cup tie we lost 3-4 at the Cottage to Newcastle when a young Tosh scored a hat trick and we were sunk by a goal that resulted from a foul on our keeper.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 03, 2020, 11:54:39 AM
Watching bbc word cup rewinds yesterday reminded me of my favourite match - 1982 World Cup semi - France v Germany. I was only 10 but I always remember this match - pulsating, exciting , incredible game.

FA Cup Palace v Liverpool 1989. Think it was the SF and Palace won 4-3. Think Ian Wright came on as sub and scored. Remember the were 2 games that day both live on TV.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

jarv

I recall a home game (we lost). Fulham 3 tottenham 4. I think it was after 12 minutes, the score was 2-2. First 12 minutes!!! The game was on fire after that. Bad result but very entertaining.

One other, first floodlit game at the cottage, beat Sheffield Wednesday, I dont recall the score (3 or 4 nil) and Maurice Cook got a hat trick. (If my memory serves me well). Correct me if I am wrong someone.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Vinnieffc on May 03, 2020, 12:22:45 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 03, 2020, 11:54:39 AM

FA Cup Palace v Liverpool 1989. Think it was the SF and Palace won 4-3. Think Ian Wright came on as sub and scored. Remember the were 2 games that day both live on TV.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yeah remember that one - but it was Alan Pardew of all people who scored the winner I think. Wright came off the bench and scored in the final

Art Vandelay

Fulham 4 - Juventus 1: live at the cottage was the best for me.

bog

Quote from: filham on May 03, 2020, 12:11:41 PM
It always has to be a Fulham match for me and I have to go back to that great cup tie we lost 3-4 at the Cottage to Newcastle when a young Tosh scored a hat trick and we were sunk by a goal that resulted from a foul on our keeper.

I think that was 4-5 filham, Tosh 3 and Jimmy Hill scored. As you say Ian Black was fouled for their winner. I have seen some highlights on you tube 

092.gif

filham

Quote from: bog on May 03, 2020, 01:16:29 PM

I think that was 4-5 filham, Tosh 3 and Jimmy Hill scored. As you say Ian Black was fouled for their winner. I have seen some highlights on you tube 

092.gif
Oh dear what an error , thanks Bog you are quite right it was 4-5.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Art Vandelay on May 03, 2020, 12:53:47 PM

And me.  I have never attended a match with that atmosphere before or since.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham 442 on May 03, 2020, 02:01:52 PM

It was quite incredible and probably our greatest ever performance (and I mean ever).  However we were away skiing so we watched it in a bar in Austria. There were a few Liverpool fans waiting for their 2nd leg which was on later.   They loved our result and assumed they could potentially therefore be meeting us in the final. Two hours later they were out and gutted but I have to say that every 'pool fan I met at the final ( because they had pre purchased tickets) was gracious and generous in their support of Fulham.

Cambridge Pete

Games from the 50's and 60's are now a bit of a blur. So a more contemporary game. At home V's Watford the Tigana season Boxing day game. Or Fulham V Ipswich 10.1 again a Boxing day. Missed Leggat's second as still celebrating his first. I think it's still the fastest top division hat trick.

Russianrob

Italy3-2Brazil World cup match in the 80's.

Woodlawn

Quote from: filham on May 03, 2020, 01:44:09 PM

092.gif
Oh dear what an error , thanks Bog you are quite right it was 4-5.

092.gif

Woodlawn

Vic Keeble barged Ian Black while still in the air,and to make it worse he went on to play for the spammers

Fulham Tup North

For me (Fulham game) away at Man City, the season we stayed up.
My lad and I travelled over to Manchester and expected nothing out of it.  To be 2 down at half-time and relegated that 2nd half was amazing.
And the winning goal in stoppage time was an absolute thunderbolt. :)

England game:
England 4 -1 Netherlands Euro '96.  Perfect football - Total Football.  I really thought we would finally win a tournament :(

COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Quote from: Woodlawn on May 03, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Vic Keeble barged Ian Black while still in the air,and to make it worse he went on to play for the spammers
Probably worth adding that we were not the first to suffer from Keeble's tactics, he made an art of barging keepers when they were off balance. Would never get away with it today.

ffcne

v Man City great escape.
v Blackburn Promotion season.
v Everton Cup Final run
England v Portugal WC Semi Final 66

Westlondonffc

Quote from: Twig on May 03, 2020, 02:30:27 PM

It was quite incredible and probably our greatest ever performance (and I mean ever).  However we were away skiing so we watched it in a bar in Austria. There were a few Liverpool fans waiting for their 2nd leg which was on later.   They loved our result and assumed they could potentially therefore be meeting us in the final. Two hours later they were out and gutted but I have to say that every 'pool fan I met at the final ( because they had pre purchased tickets) was gracious and generous in their support of Fulham.
Liverpool lost to Atletico Madrid in the semi final, the same night we beat Hamburg

ffcne

Quote from: Westlondonffc on May 03, 2020, 05:21:56 PM
Quote from: Twig on May 03, 2020, 02:30:27 PM

Liverpool lost to Atletico Madrid in the semi final, the same night we beat Hamburg

Liverpool kicked off at same time didnt they?

Wingnut

Fulham has to be Man City great escape. Non-Fulham is the Istanbul CL (Liverpool) final in 2005. Was at both of those games.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.