watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The worst Fulham robbery.

Started by Russianrob, May 04, 2020, 10:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

In my 50+ years of supporting Fulham the worst misjustice done to our club was the horror of Derby in the 80's.They will never be forgiven.On a less contentious not we have had a few good goals disallowed and some that should have been allowed.Mitrov's goal against Liverpool disallowed and cost Nova his job.What is the gravest misjustice done to our great team in your opinion?

Russianrob

Jova not Nova,l hate this fecking spell checker.

Bill2

The Arsenal game where a good Collins John goal was disallowed and a penalty decision reversed by a linesman who could not have seen anything. We were robbed by Mark Halsey. I was livid for weeks after.

ron

Quote from: Bill2 on May 04, 2020, 10:16:38 AM
The Arsenal game where a good Collins John goal was disallowed and a penalty decision reversed by a linesman who could not have seen anything. We were robbed by Mark Halsey. I was livid for weeks after.

That surely was the one. Halsey took the advice of Arsenal players to "correct" his decisions.

MikeTheCubed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5621038/manchester-city-fabian-delph-red-mark-halsey/

Quote from: Mark HalseyThe reaction of the Wigan players and management staff towards Taylor and fourth official Jeremy Simpson has influenced the decision-making.

Once Taylor has the yellow out — rightly or wrongly — he should have gone with his original call. It's a basic error.

filham

Remember that incident well and I thought it really encouraged players to strongly dispute referees decision. The referee only reacted to his ruling because of the manner in which he was surrounded by Arsenal players.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

I Ronic

Derby the worst by far. Second for me was a penalty against Preston NE at home. I think it was Steve Earle who was fouled, just inside their penalty area. Barry Lloyd  very thoughtfully put the huge lump of turf that came up as Earle went down back where it belonged, the ref chose to ignore that and gave us a free kick just outside. A win that day would of taken us up as Third Division Champions as it turned out Preston went up Champions we were second.

ALG01

Derby of course
halsey cheating us V arsenal and then lying on TV
d'urso V middelsborough when sanchez was manager.
Most games at old traford/anfield/white heart lane or arsenal

Away at bolton when Moore got sent off

most games in the north west

the reading play off games

away at liverpool..mitor's goal and then the rolling ball.

away to roma

any game I think the officials are wrong

any game graham poll was ref and we played

MikeTheCubed

Special mention to Rob Styles away at Middlesbrough when he gave a penalty against Van Der Sar in the last minute for -what he deemed to be a foul- outside of the area, costing Fulham a rare away win. Of course had it actually been within the area then VDS could have just caught the ball.

Such a robbery that even his parents named him Rob.

rebel

Derby, if it was played today, that match would be replayed and Derby sanctioned. How kicking out isn't interfering with play I will never understand.

Reading incident with Kalas, the so called 'handball'. The reading player has Kalas's had locked in place. That really annoyed me.

But the list goes on.

Holders

Quote from: I Ronic on May 04, 2020, 12:27:24 PM
Derby the worst by far. Second for me was a penalty against Preston NE at home. I think it was Steve Earle who was fouled, just inside their penalty area. Barry Lloyd  very thoughtfully put the huge lump of turf that came up as Earle went down back where it belonged, the ref chose to ignore that and gave us a free kick just outside. A win that day would of taken us up as Third Division Champions as it turned out Preston went up Champions we were second.

Was that the day that we only needed a draw? I remember their goal but not the penalty incident.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

ffcne

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 04, 2020, 01:00:37 PM
Special mention to Rob Styles away at Middlesbrough when he gave a penalty against Van Der Sar in the last minute for -what he deemed to be a foul- outside of the area, costing Fulham a rare away win. Of course had it actually been within the area then VDS could have just caught the ball.

Think we got Karma .In 2018 v Middlesboro away got awarded a dodgy penalty 90th minute
Ollie Norwood tucked it away 3 points we did nt deserve.
Great celebrations advertising hoardings and all

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: ffcne on May 04, 2020, 02:26:10 PM

Think we got Karma .In 2018 v Middlesboro away got awarded a dodgy penalty 90th minute

We were indeed very lucky there to come away with 3 points and it would have been a bitter pill for Middlesbrough to swallow given the fact the referee was a Sunderland supporter, but it was hardly a contender for worst refereeing decision of the season.

It can perhaps be construed as karma for the numerous stitch-ups against us by QPR supporting Mark Halsey.

filham

It has to be the Derby game of course but I suspect that even without the pitch invasion and early finish we would have lost the match, we had somehow lost top form in the last few games of that season.
Next is my best ever game mentioned in an adjacent thread. That Vic Keeble goal that turned the game against a top Newcastle team at the Cottage was robbery and more to the point robbery with violence.

mrmicawbers

When Chelsea beat us 1 0 at the Cottage.Eddie Neidzwieki in goal for them who was man of the match.Absolutely battered them all game.Daylight robbery although it was a night game.Them chanting Eddie Eddie still pisses me off when I think about it.

bog

My earliest recollection was in the 1962 FA cup semifinal. Played Burnley off the Villa Park, 1-1 towards the end and the most blatant penalty ever was not given when their 'keeper Blacklaw flattened Mo Cook...but not given. Okay we may not have scored and if we had have they may have got a late equaliser...but we will never know. After the game the ref went into the Fulham dressing room and apologised....I bet that went down well.... 

092.gif   

ffcne

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on May 04, 2020, 02:35:28 PM
Quote from: ffcne on May 04, 2020, 02:26:10 PM

We were indeed very lucky there to come away with 3 points and it would have been a bitter pill for Middlesbrough to swallow given the fact the referee was a Sunderland supporter, but it was hardly a contender for worst refereeing decision of the season.

It can perhaps be construed as karma for the numerous stitch-ups against us by QPR supporting Mark Halsey.

I also think Boro had more than a decent shout for a penalty.Was it Kalas handball or a foul?

Sir Alec of good Stock

Definitely Derby, but it would never have come to the last game if Ernie Clay had shelled out for Andy Thomas when the team were flying.

SP

Yes, definately Derby.

Two from last season really got my goat, Zambo being red carded at Old Trafford for nothing & the West Ham punched goal in to the net that was replayed three times on their big screen.