watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A Day To Cherish

Started by sunburywhite, May 10, 2020, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Two years ago now so it is history I suppose.
What a day, what a team , what a goal and what a match.
Not a long wrong with that team and you have to ask the question if it had not boken up  because of the £100m spend could it have survived in the premier league.

Russianrob

sunburywhite

We were on holiday in Sicily but I managed to watch it on Sky Go on the I pad

What a day
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Baszab

Still can't see how that wasn't red card for Grealish - chicken ref

filham

I have been watching Fulham for seventy years and have some tremendous memories and that day is now  up there competing for the top spot.
Also I would like to put Cairney up there with our best ever players but since that Wembley game he has faded, why I wonder.

bog

What an emotional day that was. I could not go in 1975 so had waited for 65 years to see us play at Wembley. Glad they showed Oli Norwood's block near the end. The way the White Wall collectively gave it large for added time until the final whistle will live with me for ever.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Slav.  I still regret your leaving.  :54:

092.gif       

filham

But for Coronavirus we could soon be having a repeat of that great day, would it be as good the second time round.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: filham on May 11, 2020, 02:26:11 PM
But for Coronavirus we could soon be having a repeat of that great day, would it be as good the second time round.

Probably not. That team back then deserved everything that day. 23 games unbeaten, playing incredible football and cruising past some top teams (Wolves, win-streak Millwall, Sheffield Utd) along the way. It had personality, from starlets to midfield generals, Olympic sprinters to home-grown goalies. I felt very close to that team, and felt a sense of justice as we got promoted. This team, while containing a few of the same stars feels a little plastic, and I think this is because they seem very temporary. I guess I just havent 'bonded' with this team in the same way as they have been somewhat underwhelming. In all honesty, they do not deserve promotion in my eyes.

Fernhurst

What a day, cheers for posting.
Thanks to a very generous FoFer I was able to share the day with my Son and Grandsons, never stood with 38,000 other Fulham fans. I can not watch or listen to the goal or last moments without a huge smile cracking my face.
Young Sess's pass was so Johnny Haynes like almost as if he was looking down guiding the pieces and the finish was so calm unlike the celebration in our particular row of seats.
Two years on, blimey.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.