watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Has It Come To This?

Started by White Noise, February 09, 2010, 02:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...not the first I fear, players wages make up the biggest outgoings of all professional clubs, that is understood, but those in the top two divisions have, especially with the current economic climate, got too greedy and are pricing themselves out of the market. Agents are largely to blame and the lack of a realistic wage ceiling per division.

The worst of it is that many supporters are being priced out of going as they are having to pay higher entrance fees to support the very rich players.

Some of the reserves may be on £5k to £8K or more a week or around £260,000 per year, how does that compare to the average worker earning between £18,000 - £22,000 a year?

It is becoming obscene, the players see that they are a marketting tool for a brand and that the brand is getting large investments so they continuously ask for more, without a thought for the ordinary fan. Greed is putting me off this game...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

We have a lot to learn from the Yanks on this in terms of introducing a salary cap for the clubs.

Unfortunately, it can never happen unless football gets an exemption from the EU from labor laws which again is never going to happen.

This crap is going to continue until some bubble burst somewhere. Obviously the worst recession since the depression of the thirties didn't even manage to make a dent. So what will?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TheDaddy

Bloody frighting i can soon see many more clubs going to the wall.Whatever went wrong ? Is it the idiots that run the clubs or due to the currant financial climate that the playboys who brought a football team cant afford to have them as their toys anymore.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FFCOutpostCommander

I hope that it's a lack of success for the big spending clubs. It takes so much more than high priced players and managers to make a club successfull. I believe that Fulham is the perfect example of how to do it right. It would be great to challenge for  the title but not at the cost of turning into just another cold class-less enterprize.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

WhiteJC

if Sky goes bust, the money will dry up.

without football Sky would be in trouble.

circle vicious?

epsomraver

Quote from: FFCOutpostCommander on February 09, 2010, 03:44:42 PM
I hope that it's a lack of success for the big spending clubs. It takes so much more than high priced players and managers to make a club successfull. I believe that Fulham is the perfect example of how to do it right. It would be great to challenge for  the title but not at the cost of turning into just another cold class-less enterprize

Fulham is listed with £100 million debts so we are not a good example, our wages bill is as bad as most prem clubs.

blingo

i´ll offer em two pounds fifty for the sh1thole.  glad they are going.