News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Happy Birthday Old Brown Shoe!

Started by bog, May 12, 2020, 08:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Yes Happy Birthday John. First game at the Cottage Fulham 4 Newcastle 5 January 28th 1955. What a start!

I call my good friend The Man Who Came Back as not long back OBS was very seriously ill, and I mean very seriously, then out of the blue he rang me full of the joys! What a come back!  :54:

Have a lovely day John.  082.gif 049:gif

092.gif

WhiteJC

081.gif

many happy returns

stay safe

John(WhiteJC)

Fernhurst

Yes, many many Happy returns John. Have a great day.  081.gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Happy birthday John.
I can't remember my first game at the Cottage but I certainly remember yours as it still rates as my best ever Fulham match.

SG

Quote from: filham on May 12, 2020, 09:52:20 AM
Happy birthday John.
I can't remember my first game at the Cottage but I certainly remember yours as it still rates as my best ever Fulham match.

My old man always used to say that it was the best Fulham game he ever saw

Peabody

OldBrownShoe

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate your messages and friendship over the years. Unfortunately because of my mobility issues and inability to travel from where I live, I cannot get to games but still retain my lifelong interest and support of Fulham (and Surrey CC). I wrote for Toofif using a large variety of pseudonyms for a number of years and went on to support David Lloyd by proofreading and fact checking and selling the mag. In the editorial credits I suppose I was the Ernie Wise to his Eric Morecambe and was good friends with sadly passed Alex "Traveller" Ferguson, John Ellen (aka The Bard), and remain very good friends with the legendary Bog, David Lloyd, LBNo11 and others. I was part of the group fighting to remain at the Cottage and often a Thamesbank Traveller. Supporting Fulham has been a joy all these years.  049:gif. When I came out of hospital, one of the kindly care assistants gave me a Fulham top signed by the whole squad. And last year Micky Adams sent me a signed copy of his book inscribing it "keep the faith etc"!
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Jims Dentist

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on May 13, 2020, 05:01:16 PM
Thank you all so much, I really appreciate your messages and friendship over the years. Unfortunately because of my mobility issues and inability to travel from where I live, I cannot get to games but still retain my lifelong interest and support of Fulham (and Surrey CC). I wrote for Toofif using a large variety of pseudonyms for a number of years and went on to support David Lloyd by proofreading and fact checking and selling the mag. In the editorial credits I suppose I was the Ernie Wise to his Eric Morecambe and was good friends with sadly passed Alex "Traveller" Ferguson, John Ellen (aka The Bard), and remain very good friends with the legendary Bog, David Lloyd, LBNo11 and others. I was part of the group fighting to remain at the Cottage and often a Thamesbank Traveller. Supporting Fulham has been a joy all these years.  049:gif. When I came out of hospital, one of the kindly care assistants gave me a Fulham top signed by the whole squad. And last year Micky Adams sent me a signed copy of his book inscribing it "keep the faith etc"!
Happy Birthday OBS.
Your post above shows what we are all about!