watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Marching off to Hamburg

Started by bog, May 12, 2020, 08:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Ten years ago today, along with my family, I was somewhere in France on the way to Hamburg. What an occasion. Will never forget the splendour or the heartache. Fulham in the final of the second highest cup tourna in Europe.    049:gif

As an aside when we got back to the Channel Tunnel I was parked behind the same car as when we left. 

092.gif

Russianrob

I travelled by plane via Russia and Latvia.At Latvia there was also a Finnish Fulham supporter.Finland is about 60 miles from where l live in Petersburg.Fulham supporters came from all over the world to witness that glorious day!

The Cravenette

We were booked on the first "Fulham Flyer" due to leave Heathrow at around 7.30  The plane had some technical fault and we were at the airport hours watching all the the other Fulham fans come and go until we finally left around lunchtime.  It left us with little tilme to soak up the atmosphere in the Fanzone but still, what an absolute occasion!  Would not have missed it for the world, despite the result.

Twig

I went to the semi and the final at Hamburg.Actually had a much better time at teh semi because we stayed a coupe of days and had time to really enjoy ourselves. But being at a final was so special and although we lost I never for one moment stopped feeling proud of every single member of that team.  I don't think I've ever felt such a connection with a group of FFC players before or since.

gang

I went by coach, great experience even though we lost. Met up with old friends in Sankt Pauli.

Bill2

Drove with some friends and stopped overnight before and after. Lovely city with some very nice bars and restaurants along with the people and fans of Athletico.
One big surprise, went for a pre match drink and they were smoking, place was like a fog, clothes stunk like a dirty ashtray, not that I have smelt many dirty ashtrays, after.
Great day will live in my memory alongside the 1975 cup final.

Lewes White

Flew out on the Monday first thing and came back Friday, had a good few days in Hamburg with a few others, sampled plenty of German hospitality and beer, great atmosphere, before during and after the final, never will forget it..!!!

bigalffc

Went on the coach from the cottage, suffering from shingles but nothing was going to stop me. We got as far as Putney Bridge and the driver announced the toilet was full up!
Uncomfortable but worth it.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum