more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 16/05/20...

Started by WhiteJC, May 16, 2020, 09:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Home Shirts Reduced

Grab a bargain at the Online Store with all 2019/20 Home Shirts reduced to just £20.

Adult, Junior and MiniKits all available for the reduced price of £20, with fans able to complete the full matchday look with adult shorts down to £20 and socks just £8.

Also, don't miss out on additional savings this spring with up to 50% off selected lines in our Fashion sale, including the Fulham FC retro range, print tees, jumpers, hoodies as well as 40% off 2019/20 Training Kit.

Happy shopping!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/may/15/home-shirts-reduced

WhiteJC

Leeds United tipped to swoop in for QPR Bright star winger

Leeds United sit pretty and prepped for promotion from the Sky Bet Championship at the moment. With football being on pause, they are top of the pile and have a seven-point cushion over Fulham in 3rd. Promotion isn't guaranteed but Football Insider says the Whites are looking towards next season with interest in QPR attacking winger Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Leeds are an attacking side under Marcelo Bielsa and have swept many a good side before them this season. An example of this approach could be seen against Bristol City at Elland Road. Wave after wave of attacks overwhelmed the Robins in what Phil Hay of The Athletic called as comprehensive a 1-0 win as you could want to see.

Now Football Insider's Wayne Veysey says that the Whites are looking to up that attacking intent with interest in QPR's attacking 22-year-old Osayi-Samuel. The Whites are said to "have joined Premier League clubs in the race" and "been making regular checks" on his progress this season.

Osayi-Samuel joined the London side from Blackpool on the August 31 deadline day for an unknown fee. The Nigerian-born forward came up through the youth ranks at Blackpool, going on to make 79 appearances for the Tangerines scoring five goals and adding six assists.

The talent that made him a star at Blackpool has also gone on to make him shine at Loftus Road. His time at QPR has seen him go one to make 84 appearances, scoring ten goals and adding nine assists. This season has been one where the youngster has shone, scoring five times and providing eight assists in 29 games.

Football Insider refer to a 'Leeds source' who informs them that Osayi-Samuel "is a target when the transfer window opens" – when that is though is a guess for anyone to make.

He is currently contracted until the summer of next year after QPR exercised a February option of a further year added to his existing deal.

https://the72.co.uk/165849/leeds-united-tipped-to-swoop-in-for-qpr-bright-star-winger/

WhiteJC

Rodák Pens Contract Extension

We are delighted to confirm that Marek Rodák has penned a contract extension with the Club.

The goalkeeper has agreed a deal that keeps him in SW6 until the summer of 2024, with Fulham holding the option to extend by a further year.

An Academy graduate who was part of the only Fulham side ever to reach the FA Youth Cup Final, Rodák has this season established himself in the First Team starting XI through a string of brilliant displays.

The 23-year-old has won Fulham plenty of points in our promotion push and has become a firm fan favourite with his tendency to pull off the most remarkable of saves.

10 of his 24 Sky Bet Championship outings this season have ended in a clean sheet, while the Fulham supporters have voted him as their Man of the Match on four occasions – a figure bettered only by Aleksandar Mitrović.

After signing his new deal, Rodák said: "I'm really happy to sign and stay here, and now I'm just looking forward to the future.

"It's nice that the Club trusts me, and I hope that the fans see it as good news! I know Betts is a big favourite of the fans so they maybe weren't too sure about me at first, but they've stuck with me and I like to think they're happy with me. I'd like to thank them for backing me up, and hopefully I've been good for them."

Tony Khan added: "I'm excited to announce that we've agreed to a long-term contract extension with goalkeeper Marek Rodák. Marek has been with the Club since my family came to Fulham in 2013, and he's a great product of our first rate Academy led by Huw Jennings.

"After I first assumed responsibility as our Director of Football, I loaned Marek out to Rotherham for two seasons to gain experience in goal with the hope that he'd return home and join our First Team, as he has, and he's made a tremendous positive impact on the squad since his return.

"Marek is a great teammate and person, and we're excited that he'll be with us at Fulham Football Club for years to come! Come on Fulham!"

Plans for the remainder of the season remain to be determined, but Rodák says his side will be ready to compete if and when the green light does come.

"We've always been pushing for promotion, that's been our target since the start of the season, so we want to finish the job," he said.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/may/15/marek-rodak-contract-extension

WhiteJC

Fulham stand between Sam Jacques and Football Manager EFL Cup Final

This afternoon's Last Four draw throws up all West London affair

He's already seen off Queens Park Rangers on his way to the Last Four, now Sam Jacques will be looking to complete a West London double, and book his place in the Football Manager EFL Cup Final, when he takes on Fulham in tomorrow's Semi-Final.

The match will kick-off at 1.30pm and will be streamed live on the Football Manager Twitch platform.

Sam's performance in dispatching Preston North End 3-0 in Wednesday's Quarter-Final grabbed plenty of headlines with North End many people's favourites to go all the way. However, goals from Ollie Watkins, Pontus Jansson, and Nikos Karelis, coupled with a string of fine saves from David Raya, ensured The Lilywhites joined Shrewsbury Town and Queens Park Rangers in exiting at Sam's hands.

Fulham have reached the Last Four playing 'Medieval' Football according to their player, This Country star Charlie Cooper. The Whites recorded 1-0 wins over Doncaster Rovers and Charlton Athletic in their opening two rounds before a 2-1 victory against Wycombe Wanderers in the Last 16. The handbreak was loosened a bit on Tuesday night as they put five past Huddersfield Town.

Waiting for one of Sam or Charlie in Sunday's final will be Swansea City or Nottingham Forest who play in tomorrow's other Semi-Final.

As well as supporting The Bees during the tournament, you can also show your support for the EFL's charity partner, Mind, the mental health charity. In these tough times their services are needed more than ever so while you're being entertained by the action, please consider donating on this JustGiving page which will be open during the tournament.

REMAINING MANAGERS

Brentford – Sam Jacques (Supporter)
Fulham – Charlie Cooper (Star of This Country)
Nottingham Forest - Joe Lolley (Player)
Swansea City – Gareth Richards (Supporter)

TOURNAMENT RULES

• Matches to be played on FM20 Touch Versus mode, teams must play as themselves.
• This is a straight knockout tournament, with all ties comprising one game. Each tie will go to Extra Time and Penalties, if necessary, to produce a winner.
• The 'Home' team of each tie will host the match
• Suspensions/Injuries won't carry over to the next round

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2020/may/football-manager-update/

WhiteJC

Marek Rodak: Fulham goalkeeper extends contract until 2024

Marek Rodak had loan spells with Welling, Accrington and Rotherham earlier in his Fulham career

Fulham goalkeeper Marek Rodak has extended his contract with the Championship club until the summer of 2024.

The 23-year-old Slovak, who came through the club's academy, has kept 10 clean sheets in 24 league appearances this season.

The Whites have the option to extend his deal by a further year.

"I'm really happy to sign and stay here, and it's nice that the club trusts me," he told the club website.

Fulham are third in the Championship table with nine games of the 2019-20 campaign remaining, but the season remains suspended indefinitely because of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52682956

WhiteJC

The way to win

Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham, 2015-2018

"I want to be competitive and I want to win all the points. In which way is less important."

Speaking exclusively to The Coaches' Voice, Slavisa Jokanovic, who impressively led Watford and Fulham to promotion to the Premier League, discusses his difficult first six months at Craven Cottage, and how he tried to implement a style of football that would work best for the players at his disposal. He also explains why, despite being recognised as a manager whose teams play an entertaining brand of football, he considers style secondary to results.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/the-way-to-win/

Jims Dentist

Quote from: WhiteJC on May 16, 2020, 09:04:58 AM
Leeds United tipped to swoop in for QPR Bright star winger

Leeds United sit pretty and prepped for promotion from the Sky Bet Championship at the moment. With football being on pause, they are top of the pile and have a seven-point cushion over Fulham in 3rd. Promotion isn't guaranteed but Football Insider says the Whites are looking towards next season with interest in QPR attacking winger Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Leeds are an attacking side under Marcelo Bielsa and have swept many a good side before them this season. An example of this approach could be seen against Bristol City at Elland Road. Wave after wave of attacks overwhelmed the Robins in what Phil Hay of The Athletic called as comprehensive a 1-0 win as you could want to see.

Now Football Insider's Wayne Veysey says that the Whites are looking to up that attacking intent with interest in QPR's attacking 22-year-old Osayi-Samuel. The Whites are said to "have joined Premier League clubs in the race" and "been making regular checks" on his progress this season.

Osayi-Samuel joined the London side from Blackpool on the August 31 deadline day for an unknown fee. The Nigerian-born forward came up through the youth ranks at Blackpool, going on to make 79 appearances for the Tangerines scoring five goals and adding six assists.

The talent that made him a star at Blackpool has also gone on to make him shine at Loftus Road. His time at QPR has seen him go one to make 84 appearances, scoring ten goals and adding nine assists. This season has been one where the youngster has shone, scoring five times and providing eight assists in 29 games.

Football Insider refer to a 'Leeds source' who informs them that Osayi-Samuel "is a target when the transfer window opens" – when that is though is a guess for anyone to make.

He is currently contracted until the summer of next year after QPR exercised a February option of a further year added to his existing deal.

https://the72.co.uk/165849/leeds-united-tipped-to-swoop-in-for-qpr-bright-star-winger/
B.O.S. is exactly what we should be looking towards, right age, right attitude and bags of ability and power.
Very different from the likes of Knocky.