watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

He's very one footed, and right footed at that so you'd imagine he'll be the RCB, although we seem to he signing a lot of players who play in a 3-5-2 for previous clubs so maybe we're about to go for a change of formation?

Slaphead in Qatar

Here's Marlons detailed record in 19/20 season - when not injured or coming back from injury he seemed to be their number 1 for the position he played in. They finished 8th - so on paper seems like a reasonable signing

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marlon/leistungsdaten/spieler/273236/plus/1?saison=2019

One caveat - they shipped 63 goals in the season which was quite a high number when compared to other teams in serie A

LRCN

rather than a 6ft6 collosus, i think we just need a dependable centre back, one who is positionally sound, reliable on the ball, and doesn't produce a clanger a game. does anyone know if this guy fits the bill?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 20, 2020, 05:48:34 PM

One caveat - they shipped 63 goals in the season which was quite a high number when compared to other teams in serie A

They play very open.

Here is his game from two years ago against Juventus.

Doubt playing the ball in the air...(attacking or defending corners) are this players strength.   As long as he's solid defensively and doesn't make a lot of mental errors, he should be better than Odoi and Ream.   Guess we'll see.

Middlesexclub

Whoever we get needs to be able to clear crosses and corners because that is always our weakness. Someone dominant in the air really
needed. Not sure a 6 footer will cut it for us in less he has spring heels.

Rambler

It's a CB so that's great. I know nothing though about him. Anyone know anything or seen him play?

Denzil Dexter

This Marlon is on the bench today

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

filham

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 20, 2020, 04:52:08 PM
Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 04:36:03 PM
The note  I read quoted Parker as saying that there was nothing ongoing at the moment but that we were still looking.
We really should have had a short list of about ten ready before the window opened and something should have been ongoing every day. We should have done all our looking ages ago.
He's been busy with his wrestling every day it seems.

Quote from: grandad on September 20, 2020, 04:49:23 PM
The note  I read quoted Parker as saying that there was nothing ongoing at the moment but that we were still looking.
We really should have had a short list of about ten ready before the window opened and something should have been ongoing every day. We should have done all our looking ages ago.

How do you know we have not had a short list of 10 CB´s? Why should SP say anything about our proposed transfer business? How do you know that these 10 CB´s did not sign for a myriad of reasons?
For my own sanity I generally ignore all the gossip & slagging off the owners, SP & the rest of the recruitment team. None of us mere mortals really knows what is happening behind the scenes. Stay cool.
Agree that none of us know what is really happening, all we can do is react to what pundits, the manager and the Director of Football tell us.
However what we do know is that we have been in need of a centre back as a priority for a long time and that last season we missed the transfer deadline in signing one, a mistake that could well have cost us a premier league place.

LRCN

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 20, 2020, 06:11:42 PM
This Marlon is on the bench today

https://www.football-italia.net/159157/carnevali-received-fulham-offer-marlon

Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali confirms Marlon is in negotiations for a move to Fulham, but Torino's offer for Gian Marco Ferrari is rejected.

The Neroverdi begin their Serie A season against Cagliari at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

"The window closes on October 5, but we want to keep hold of our best players," Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia.

"There were never any temptations to sell, as we have a project here and it is all easier if the players also want to be a part of it."

Defender Marlon is on the bench this evening amid reports of an imminent move to Fulham for €15m, although Barcelona would be due half of that.

"We had an offer from Fulham, an important one, so we are evaluating it and the negotiations are in progress. We'll see over the next few days if we can conclude them.

absenteeism

AnOldBrownie

Well...he's had experience playing against the likes of Ronaldo and Lukaku.   An upgrade on what we have, but I don't see him as the defender/attacker in the air we need, unless our FBs stop those crosses from coming in.

He's an upgrade...so if we get him, good signing.  But I don't want this to be our #1, then we bring in a Kongolo as a #2.    Hope we have an even better CB planning to come in.

Apparently hes good passing it out of the back.

I want the other Brazilian please.    The one at Torino.   

Barrett487

Fulham make Marlon offer

Fulham have submitted an offer for Sassuolo centre back Marlon, according to reports from Italy this afternoon.

Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia:

'We had an offer from Fulham, an important one, so we are evaluating it and the negotiations are in progress. We'll see over the next couple of days if we can conclude them'.

The 25 year-old defender has been left on the pitch for Napoli's Serie A opener against Cagliari. The Italian press believe Fulham's offer to around £14m, although the Brazilian's former club would be due half of the transfer fee as part of the deal that took Marlon to Italy two summers ago.

The 6ft centre half, who came through the Fluminense youth academy, made three senior appearances at the Nou Camp and was loaned to French side Nice for the 2017/18 season. He has played 41 times in two seasons with Sassuolo, scoring one goal. Fulham's need for reinforcements in central defence was underlined by their dreadful defending in a 4-3 defeat at Leeds yesterday, which followed a 3-0 loss at the hands of Arsenal on the opening day of the season.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-make-marlon-offer/

alfie

Well maybe all that has happened, getting someone to sign is another story.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnOldBrownie

Teams can't reach out to players agents whenever they want can they?

Just read this player agent article from a few years ago.

Quote"I've noticed a poorer level of journalism. There are so many transfer stories being churned out to suit several parties that I've stopped reading beyond the headline. They suit the journalist because they write the story, the website or newspaper because they get the story and lots of hits.

"It can also often suit the player to be linked with a better club than the one he's at. It might not necessarily reflect the truth, but clubs can't possibly start denying or confirming every player they're linked with.

keithh

absenteeism

Deeping_white

Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 08:09:33 PM
Sounds like the panic button has well and truly been hit

Sounds like you're chucking a wobbly because you don't know anything about him and putting random peoples tweets in this transfer rumour thread like it means something

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 08:06:23 PM
Nah, one thing is to sign a center-back and another thing is to sign for signing, this man is not even a starter at Sassuolo, imagine how it is, go to hell
@FulhamFC

My friend - look at this link and it will tell you when not injured or returning from injury he is a starter. Don't let the facts get in the way of your pessimism

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marlon/leistungsdaten/spieler/273236/plus/1?saison=2019

absenteeism

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 20, 2020, 08:15:55 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 08:09:33 PM
Sounds like the panic button has well and truly been hit

Sounds like you're chucking a wobbly because you don't know anything about him and putting random peoples tweets in this transfer rumour thread like it means something
no wobbly here, just know what to expect from Tone

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LRCN on September 20, 2020, 05:50:43 PM
rather than a 6ft6 collosus, i think we just need a dependable centre back, one who is positionally sound, reliable on the ball, and doesn't produce a clanger a game. does anyone know if this guy fits the bill?

Well...the question won't be answered until he partners with Michael Hector.   

Still would pay 40 million for a CB that can attack the ball in the air.  (Since apparently that isn't in Big Hec's game).