more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: sarnian on September 20, 2020, 02:53:08 PM
Parker said yesterday that there had been no developments CB wise this past week as far as he knew.

If he was being coy great but if he has no idea that is a major cause for concern. Without additions even he knows we will be relegated.
Why the hell did they let Mawson go without a replacement?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 20, 2020, 03:01:28 PM
Parker said yesterday that there had been no developments CB wise this past week as far as he knew.

If he was being coy great but if he has no idea that is a major cause for concern. Without additions even he knows we will be relegated.

Because they have the brains of a Rocking Horse to let Alfie Mawson go without acquiring a ready made replacement, you couldn't make it up.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

I have no question TK is trying to bring in a CB that's better than Mawson.   I agree though, that it's odd that they let one of our CBs walk out the door before we had the replacement in.

But then....if i were a selling team and another team wanted my best CB, would I let that  CB go before I'd brought in a replacement?   And the team holding the player that they want to use to replace their outgoing player...is that club going to release their best CB without the replacement coming in??

We have to wait because every other team wants a CB and the good ones have to have replacements in for the one they let go...unless they have a youth prospect that is good and can slot into a starting role.   I'm sure there aren't a lot of those out there.

Things are not just in Tony Khan's hands.   He's just one component of many.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 03:18:17 PM

I have no question TK is trying to bring in a CB that's better than Mawson.   I agree though, that it's odd that they let one of our CBs walk out the door before we had the replacement in.

But then....if i were a selling team and another team wanted my best CB, would I let that  CB go before I'd brought in a replacement?   And the team holding the player that they want to use to replace their outgoing player...is that club going to release their best CB without the replacement coming in??

We have to wait because every other team wants a CB and the good ones have to have replacements in for the one they let go...unless they have a youth prospect that is good and can slot into a starting role.   I'm sure there aren't a lot of those out there.

We desperately needed a CB in the January Window last time we were relegated and we failed to get one. Talbot was a full back so you'd think he'd be able to spot a decent CB?   

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 03:18:17 PM

I'm sure whatever happened with Mawson wasn't TKs fault but even if Mawson had stayed we would have needed a new CB before the start of the season. Pretty much EVERYONE knew this. And there's only one person we can blame for this total failure: Our Head of Recruitment, Director of Football plus several other titles that I can't even remember. Of course there are other people involved too but if these people fail to do their job and make the same mistakes over and over again it's TKs responsibility to replace them (or SKs responsibility to replace TK). All these titles come with a responsibility, unless of course they aren't meant to be more than the equivalent of a dictator awarding his family members titles like Doctor of Biochemisty even though they've never set foot inside a university.

I'm also questioning the way decisions are made. I get the impression that important decisions are made on impulse. Like extending Parker's contract right after promotion, before he has proven himself in the PL. And extending Kebano's contract based on 2-3 excellent performances that came completely out of the blue after being no more than an average Championship squad player for several years. Not that I necessarily disagree with extending Parker/Kebano but the timing was very odd. We don't need impulse decisions. We need a plan. And if that plan doesn't include doing "whatever it takes" to get us two new CBs then the people involved need to be replaced ASAP.

lomotd

In for Brazilian CB Marlon from Sassuolo according to Fabrizio Romano.

WestSussexWhite

In talks with Marlon, ex Barcelona CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

The note  I read quoted Parker as saying that there was nothing ongoing at the moment but that we were still looking.
We really should have had a short list of about ten ready before the window opened and something should have been ongoing every day. We should have done all our looking ages ago.

Tabby

We have made an offer for Sassuolo defender Marlon according to Gianluca Di Marzio. Negotiations are at an advanced stage.

He would have played with Le Marchand at Nice.

grandad

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 04:36:03 PM
The note  I read quoted Parker as saying that there was nothing ongoing at the moment but that we were still looking.
We really should have had a short list of about ten ready before the window opened and something should have been ongoing every day. We should have done all our looking ages ago.

How do you know we have not had a short list of 10 CB´s? Why should SP say anything about our proposed transfer business? How do you know that these 10 CB´s did not sign for a myriad of reasons?
For my own sanity I generally ignore all the gossip & slagging off the owners, SP & the rest of the recruitment team. None of us mere mortals really knows what is happening behind the scenes. Stay cool.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: filham on September 20, 2020, 04:36:03 PM
He's been busy with his wrestling every day it seems.

Tabby

Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 04:48:45 PM
We have made an offer for Sassuolo defender Marlon according to Gianluca Di Marzio. Negotiations are at an advanced stage.

Looking into it, Sassuolo has a clause with Barcelona that they have to pay another €6 million if he plays 50 games for them, which he would reach this season. Seems like this might be a cheap deal going by that.

RoyTund

Their ceo has said we have made a bid and as negotiations are ongoing Marlon has been dropped to the bench for the game starting just about now.

Lighthouse

Quote from: RoyTund on September 20, 2020, 04:58:32 PM

Their ceo has said we have made a bid and as negotiations are ongoing Marlon has been dropped to the bench for the game starting just about now.

Apparantly more a ball playing defender than a tall powerful centre half.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali confirms Marlon is in negotiations for a move to Fulham, but Torino's offer for Gian Marco Ferrari is rejected.

"The window closes on October 5, but we want to keep hold of our best players," Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia.

"There were never any temptations to sell, as we have a project here and it is all easier if the players also want to be a part of it."

Defender Marlon is on the bench this evening amid reports of an imminent move to Fulham.

"We had an offer from Fulham, an important one, so we are evaluating it and the negotiations are in progress. We'll see over the next few days if we can conclude them.

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F159157%2Fcarnevali-received-fulham-offer-marlon#article/footballitalia-159157

Middlesexclub

This will probably happen. His club will have to play Barcelona another £6M if he plays 50 matches. He is on about 42 matches after 2 years. So they must be desperate to offload ☹️ Although he is ex Barcelona he only played 3 first team games. At 6 ft he is hardly the giant we were hoping for is he ?

General

Quote from: twang on September 20, 2020, 05:00:13 PM
Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali confirms Marlon is in negotiations for a move to Fulham, but Torino's offer for Gian Marco Ferrari is rejected.

"The window closes on October 5, but we want to keep hold of our best players," Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia.

"There were never any temptations to sell, as we have a project here and it is all easier if the players also want to be a part of it."

Defender Marlon is on the bench this evening amid reports of an imminent move to Fulham.

"We had an offer from Fulham, an important one, so we are evaluating it and the negotiations are in progress. We'll see over the next few days if we can conclude them.

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F159157%2Fcarnevali-received-fulham-offer-marlon#article/footballitalia-159157

So for the last three seasons he's played an average of 23 games for nice (who finished 8th) in the 17/18 season, then sassulo who finished 8th in serie a last season.

Sassulo fans are apparently glad we may get him, but 23 put of 38 games is a decent amount across two of the harder leagues in Europe.

Also had similar stats to tete when he came to us and tete has looked good. So could be solid at this level if we did get him.

25 too so resale price potentially.

Tabby

Doubt this deal would be very expensive. The €6 million clause that they'd have to pay and the 50% sell on clause would mean that running up the fee won't do too much for Sassuolo.

AnOldBrownie

Guess we'll see.

Time to go watch a few of his games.   Wanted Bremer...but maybe this guy will do ok for us.

Still, he'd have to be one of two CB signings.