Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finknottle

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 11:31:28 AM
Quote from: finknottle on September 19, 2020, 11:24:37 AM
Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 09:56:17 AM
Quote from: Berserker on September 19, 2020, 09:52:45 AM
How long have we got left for signings as I don't feel we have a good enough squad yet

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

It closes October 5th for international transfers and the 16th for domestic ones.

We can't buy anyone after the 5th October. The domestic window is only for Premierleague teams to sell or loan players to EFL clubs.

From my understanding prem teams can also buy lower league players.

"Premier League Shareholders have agreed on the dates for the summer 2020 transfer window.

The window will open for 10 weeks at the end of the current Premier League season, starting on 27 July and ending on 5 October. 

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 17:00 BST on 16 October.

During this window, Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs (either loans or permanent registrations). 

No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs in this period. 

The transfer window is subject to the approval of FIFA."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1725887#:~:text=Following%20consultation%20with%20the%20EFL,either%20loans%20or%20permanent%20registrations).

Hmmm, that is interesting! Thanks. Seems a bit unfair on the EFL teams as they could lose their best players to premierleague teams during the domestic window and struggle to replace them.

rebel

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 07:55:03 AM
Quote from: rebel on September 19, 2020, 05:50:31 AM
Quote from: whitejc on September 19, 2020, 12:05:48 AM
Milan in talks with Fulham for Anguissa.

Not only Bakayoko and Torreira on Milan's notebook for Pioli's midfield. There is in fact a new name in the Rossoneri orbit: André Zambo Anguissa, Cameroonian born in 1995 owned by Fulham and who spent last season on loan at Villarreal. In recent days there has been a meeting at Casa Milan with the player's agents. Anguissa can become a strong option with the right transfer formula and figures.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/milan-in-talks-with-fulham-for-anguissa

I'm not sure if the website or people behind it has any credibility, about the website -

'We have come a long way since 2011, always with you by your side. We like the news, the market, football. Yes, but above all the stories, the emotions, the beauty that this world can offer. And we love to tell you about it.'             

Anguissa will be on our squad this season (at least until January).

Bet my car on it.

Keep the keys safe, keep all the paperwork safe, make sure it's MOT'd and clean. Check the tire pressure.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Arthur on September 19, 2020, 02:45:38 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 19, 2020, 02:01:23 AM
Leeds may be the perfect side to face to measure Zambo's effort levels.

If picked, it may well be a good test. I hope his game, all round, proves to be more suited to our needs than two seasons ago. Yet in his short time on the pitch last weekend, I saw a couple of occasions when I thought he didn't track the player he should have been marking. Maybe he was oblivious to the opponent's movement off the ball or perhaps he saw it, but with the scoreline as it was, didn't feel enough of a sense of urgency to muster the effort. Either way, unless he can do better, such a shortcoming will, in my opinion, amount to his undoing whatever good may come of his skill on the ball.

Agreed.
I saw that on the highlights. He just let the runner go and he had a free shot on goal as a result. Luckily wide.
He'll need to be better than that. But probably not match fit tbh.
We shall see.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

sarnian

That was Zambo's failing last time in the premiership. He never seemed aware of players moving into space around him and tracking a runner.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 19, 2020, 11:40:34 AM

If picked, it may well be a good test. I hope his game, all round, proves to be more suited to our needs than two seasons ago. Yet in his short time on the pitch last weekend, I saw a couple of occasions when I thought he didn't track the player he should have been marking. Maybe he was oblivious to the opponent's movement off the ball or perhaps he saw it, but with the scoreline as it was, didn't feel enough of a sense of urgency to muster the effort. Either way, unless he can do better, such a shortcoming will, in my opinion, amount to his undoing whatever good may come of his skill on the ball.

Agreed.
I saw that on the highlights. He just let the runner go and he had a free shot on goal as a result. Luckily wide.
We shall see.

I would definitely concur with Arthur and Skatz here.

There was a sense of a lack of work rate and urgency in Frank after he came on. There were some good bits too but not enough of them.

I want to put it down to him not being match fit and possibly jet lagged from internationals. Or it could be him trying to put himself in the shop window? Trying to effect the game on the ball, not wanting to get injured/hurt chasing the game off the ball. I guess only time will tell.

dfwilson84

Question: Progress with defensive moves?

Parker: There's not been anything in the last week or so which has given me reason to think that. I realise we have stregthened in certain areas but defensively we need to improve and we probably need some help with that. We'll keep trying to push to bring people in because that's where we need to improve.

Question: Anguissa ok?

Parker: He had cramp at the end. It was touch and go whether we started him because he's not had as much work. Frank put his hand up today and he's going to play a massive part and drag some with him as well.

From post match press conference

AnOldBrownie

I'm pretty sure my car is safe.  :005:

We have too many other holes to fill for us to be thinking about adding an additional one by getting rid of our best midfielder that the manager has a hard on for.

Two CBs and a wide attacker with size and pace.

GET IT DONE TONY!!!!! :031: :031: :031:

AnOldBrownie

Back on topic...

We're going to need to overpay to get in two starting 11 players.   

Good news is, without selling anyone we have the money to do it. 

Bremer is more affordable than Tah, and he'd be an upgrade.  Plus, he's played with Aina last season.  We have also already worked with Torino this window.

Fulham Tup North

I think we definitely need a decent CB to help us out.
Bit surprised no one else has mentioned it really!!!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Tabby

Us and Wolves interested in taking Tomas Lemar on loan according to French goal.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Tabby on September 19, 2020, 11:18:45 PM
Us and Wolves interested in taking Tomas Lemar on loan according to French goal.

Massive wages though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tabby

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 19, 2020, 11:19:30 PM

Massive wages though!

Same as Areola. Don't think it is out of the question seeing as we signed him on loan. Would be the "creative attacking midfielder" some have been crying out for.

AnOldBrownie

jayffc

Massive wages though!

Of only

Massive wages though!

No chance of this happening surely?
Mind you we thought that of Seri this year...

I gather athletics want a permanent transfer rather than loan so will likely favour a team that goes that route as they need the funds and are looking to free up their wage bill.

Would love this to come off but seems unlikely

sarnian

We need a centre back that has a physical presence and shows leadership, someone like Morrison from Cardiff but with skill and a brain.   079.gif

FFC In Oz

Given he's not Portuguese surely he doesn't end up at Wolves?

We Are Premier League

Agreed.
We shall see.

Agree with this, think it will take him years to develop this part of the game so I would prefer to see him in the most attacking of the three CM roles.

fulhamben

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 20, 2020, 08:31:40 AM

Agreed.
We shall see.

Agree with this, think it will take him years to develop this part of the game so I would prefer to see him in the most attacking of the three CM roles.
after his two man of the match performances this season, I'd give him a free role. Do what you think is best frank as you are our best player
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

absenteeism

Tony Khan and transfers  :clap_hands: :005: :005: :005:

Let's not forget he let his special friend run riot in the club

sarnian

Parker said yesterday that there had been no developments CB wise this past week as far as he knew.

If he was being coy great but if he has no idea that is a major cause for concern. Without additions even he knows we will be relegated.