Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: General on September 21, 2020, 08:39:13 AM
Quote from: Art Vandelay on September 21, 2020, 08:36:29 AM
Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 10:18:24 PM
In NFR news, Tottenham seem to want to replace Dele Alli with Jesse Lindgard. Weird stuff.

Definite downgrade for the spuds.

The BBC gossip column valued Lindgard at £30 mil which must of been a misprint.

Mourinho has worked with both. Spurs are losing out as alli clearly has more about him but Mourinho may see differently.

Might be that Ali has got too big for his boots,constantly in the papers.
Maybe Jose wants him out for his attitude,disrupting things maybe.🤔

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on September 21, 2020, 08:02:24 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 21, 2020, 07:58:36 AM
Must confess I've never seen this Marlon fella but if he's at least as good as his namesake Brando would've been playing in his latter period, then he'll surely be an improvement on what we have.

What worries me though is all this Brazilian, played for Barca, good on the ball stuff. Has anyone seen him play a few times and can they confirm he can actually, you know, defend? 'Cos that's priority 1,2,3 and 4 for me.
knowing our recruitment, he is more likely to be a marlon dingle than a marlon brando
Who is Marlon Dingle🤔

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 21, 2020, 09:08:34 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 21, 2020, 08:02:24 AM
Must confess I've never seen this Marlon fella but if he's at least as good as his namesake Brando would've been playing in his latter period, then he'll surely be an improvement on what we have.

What worries me though is all this Brazilian, played for Barca, good on the ball stuff. Has anyone seen him play a few times and can they confirm he can actually, you know, defend? 'Cos that's priority 1,2,3 and 4 for me.
knowing our recruitment, he is more likely to be a marlon dingle than a marlon brando
Who is Marlon Dingle🤔

He is our next signing after the man in the moon.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 20, 2020, 10:58:34 PM
Quote from: Rambler on September 20, 2020, 10:50:11 PM
https://youtu.be/IJ9vk7tpw8c

Long highlights clip of Marlon for those like me that know nothing of the defender.

He's definitely a RCB.
And has more skill than our current 2 CB combined by the look of it

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He is nowhere near tall enough, shorter than Ream.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 21, 2020, 09:23:23 AM

Long highlights clip of Marlon for those like me that know nothing of the defender.

He's definitely a RCB.

Maybe we could ask for him to be stretched before we buy, before he's stretched on the pitch.

bencher

He's definitely a RCB.

Alain Goma was a good defender for us, he was only 1.83cm. Marlon looks to be around the same height and build.

fulhamben

Quote from: bencher on September 21, 2020, 09:51:55 AM

He's definitely a RCB.

Alain Goma was a good defender for us, he was only 1.83cm. Marlon looks to be around the same height and build.
goma wasn't a good defender, he was an exceptional defender. The best rcb I've seen play for us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrett487

Quote from: Hoppus on September 20, 2020, 09:47:56 PM
Sonke Gorgos (Twitter).
« .@kicker reporting in its Monday edition that Fulham remain keen on Leipzig attacker Ademola Lookman but are only willing to offer a loan deal. #ffc»

3 hours ago   IN NEGOTIATION
Fulham just wants to borrow Lookman

Ademola Lookman still does not have the best prospects at RB Leipzig. The 22-year-old was in the squad against Mainz like in the DFB Cup in Nuremberg, but he was not used. Premier League promoted Fulham FC have confirmed their interest in the offensive player. It is currently utopian that the people of Leipzig almost achieve the 18 million euros paid out to Everton in the previous year. For Fulham only one loan is possible. Whether this also pays off for Leipzig depends largely on the alternative solution.

https://www.kicker.de/bundesliga/transfermarkt?position=0&contestId=1&teamId=all

Nero

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 21, 2020, 09:00:15 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 21, 2020, 08:48:41 AM

Like most of us in the same boat. I watched some highlights but that often never really tells the full story. I've trawled social media & the general concensus seems to be, he's a tidy player who is a good passer with decent pace but, in the eyes of people who know him, not the defensive minded, dominating organiser we're absolutely crying out for.
Odoi & Ream as much as I like &: respect them are not premier League standard defenders, Hector is looking increasingly suspect too. Maybe this guy alongside another signing could do a good job
Talk of Kongolo who I rate but barely kicked a ball in seven months. Really not sure why we're not throwing the kitchen sink at Tah considering Smalling only wants to go to Roma

And we have the money to do so after the Wembley win

Tah is being link to Leicester be a tough choice for him, top 8 team or new promoted side. Be TK thought for not selling the club to him enough though or paying him over the odds on wages and upsetting the rest ot the team.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2020, 10:37:42 AM

Like most of us in the same boat. I watched some highlights but that often never really tells the full story. I've trawled social media & the general concensus seems to be, he's a tidy player who is a good passer with decent pace but, in the eyes of people who know him, not the defensive minded, dominating organiser we're absolutely crying out for.
Odoi & Ream as much as I like &: respect them are not premier League standard defenders, Hector is looking increasingly suspect too. Maybe this guy alongside another signing could do a good job
Talk of Kongolo who I rate but barely kicked a ball in seven months. Really not sure why we're not throwing the kitchen sink at Tah considering Smalling only wants to go to Roma

Tah is being link to Leicester be a tough choice for him, top 8 team or new promoted side. Be TK thought for not selling the club to him enough though or paying him over the odds on wages and upsetting the rest ot the team.

I'm not sure how much Tah is on? But would hazard a guess Mitro & Cairney are on a bit more?. I understand that in football terms Leicester, as a settled top 10 side are probably more attractive  than us but Fulham are not certain to go down, we're 2 games into a season for crying out loud. Leicester is not London, ie arguably the greatest city in the world. There are attractions to signing for Fulham.
Just think in years gone by past powers that be would've sold the project, the club & ambition to players like Tah. Now it seems we're looking for cheap alternatives who look good on a stats sheet & who appear to be value for money
That's too risky imho, surely Tony Khan must see the quality of player needed to survive in this league, let alone prosper

Slaphead in Qatar

He's definitely a RCB.

Aaron Hughes was good for us - not that tall I remember or maybe brede made him look shorter than he actually was

WhiteJC

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 21, 2020, 11:17:49 AM

He's definitely a RCB.

Aaron Hughes was good for us - not that tall I remember or maybe brede made him look shorter than he actually was

the thing about Brede and Aaron was that as a pair they were so much better than individuals, Hec needs a partner

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 21, 2020, 11:14:34 AM
Quote from: Nero on September 21, 2020, 10:37:42 AM

I'm not sure how much Tah is on? But would hazard a guess Mitro & Cairney are on a bit more?. I understand that in football terms Leicester, as a settled top 10 side are probably more attractive  than us but Fulham are not certain to go down, we're 2 games into a season for crying out loud. Leicester is not London, ie arguably the greatest city in the world. There are attractions to signing for Fulham.
Just think in years gone by past powers that be would've sold the project, the club & ambition to players like Tah. Now it seems we're looking for cheap alternatives who look good on a stats sheet & who appear to be value for money
That's too risky imho, surely Tony Khan must see the quality of player needed to survive in this league, let alone prosper

What big name young centre back has FFC ever brought in? No one used to sell the club & ambition to players and bring in highly regarded centre backs.

rebel

Quote from: whitejc on September 21, 2020, 11:25:31 AM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 21, 2020, 11:17:49 AM

He's definitely a RCB.

the thing about Brede and Aaron was that as a pair they were so much better than individuals, Hec needs a partner

Roy Hodgson, made that partnership work, he drilled them until he could 'trust' them.
The defence was average at best, Pantsil, Konchesky, he improved them, got them to do the basics well. We conceded 37 goals in the Prem. 

Bronaldinho

TK should suck it up - Loan back Sess and sign Lookman.

Have Sess Mitro and Lookman as the front 3.

Then bring in another CB and we may survive.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Deeping_white

Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 21, 2020, 11:33:25 AM

Why loan Sess back? He's not exactly pulling trees up at this level, it's only worth signing him on a perm so at least we're able to get something out of his development should he start to realise his potential

Sting of the North

Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 21, 2020, 11:33:25 AM

What has Lookman done so far in his career to suggest to you that he is anything better than what we already got? Honest question, because I really cannot see anything, and I am completely underwhelmed by the prospect of signing him.

gang

This Sessignon obsession is a bit like the Hitler theory; if you get a few people talking politics it will only take 25minutes on average before someone mentions him.
Sessignon is not the answer to our defence.

Sting of the North

Quote from: gang on September 21, 2020, 11:52:29 AM
This Sessignon obsession is a bit like the Hitler theory; if you get a few people talking politics it will only take 25minutes on average before someone mentions him.
Sessignon is not the answer to our defence.

I am pretty sure that no one has suggested that he is a solution to our defensive problems, so not really sure what you mean here.

We Are Premier League

What aboutt Sebastian Schonlau; decent size, ballplaying, capitain at 26, in last year of contract, team just got releageted in Germany...