https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on September 20, 2020, 09:54:31 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 09:50:46 PM
So Florentino wasn't in the Champions League qualifying team, nor was he on Benfica's squad for their first league game.  Not even on the bench.

Unless he's hurt I take that to mean the player is moving to a new squad.  Would be a nice signing to sit behind Zambo and Tom Cairney.

Hope they weren't just driving up his market value by entertaining him to Fulham.

you forgetting lemina already? if lemina starts in the cup and doesnt have a suicidal momenrt like he has in the last two games, then i can see him starting vs villa

Yeah, that is the worry for me with Lemina. Don't think you can take the flair out of him.

Tabby

In NFR news, Tottenham seem to want to replace Dele Alli with Jesse Lindgard. Weird stuff.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on September 20, 2020, 10:11:06 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 20, 2020, 09:54:31 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 09:50:46 PM
So Florentino wasn't in the Champions League qualifying team, nor was he on Benfica's squad for their first league game.  Not even on the bench.

Unless he's hurt I take that to mean the player is moving to a new squad.  Would be a nice signing to sit behind Zambo and Tom Cairney.

Hope they weren't just driving up his market value by entertaining him to Fulham.

you forgetting lemina already? if lemina starts in the cup and doesnt have a suicidal momenrt like he has in the last two games, then i can see him starting vs villa

He's not a CDM.  He's a box.    Luis is a dedicated CDM, like we use Reed.  I never thought Lemina would come in and play in front of our back line.  I wouldn't want Zambo doing it either, even though he can.
well hes played cdm for us on both occassions, and even transfermarket who same rate on here as gospel  have him down as a cdm

Owe you an apology.  You're correct.

Forgot he played against us as a CDM.

junior white

Quote from: absenteeism on September 20, 2020, 08:06:23 PM
Nah, one thing is to sign a center-back and another thing is to sign for signing, this man is not even a starter at Sassuolo, imagine how it is, go to hell
@FulhamFC
I don't know anything bout the bloke, but if the logic is that signing someone who isn't a starter for his current team is a risk as they may not be any good (that's what you seem to have said here) hen we would never have signed EVDS or Mitro as they were not starters for the team we signed them from. My memory could be wrong though.

When we signed Pringle, Stearman etc They were starters for their clubs and turned out to be not so good.

So sometimes there are good players who may not be playing for a number of reasons

Rambler

https://youtu.be/IJ9vk7tpw8c

Long highlights clip of Marlon for those like me that know nothing of the defender.

He's definitely a RCB.

AnOldBrownie

Since we're looking at Marlon....

QuoteThey are also not very efficient when it comes to attempting and winning aerial duels. Their frequency rate is the lowest in the league and their success rate doesn't compensate for that. Not only this stops them from keeping the possession quite frequently but it also makes them very vulnerable when defending in the box. Due to their tendency to commit the wide players up front, they often struggle defending the wings, which respectively exposes them to conceding more crosses. With their lack of aerial abilities, this is extremely dangerous in the box, since it often leaves the opposition unbothered.

Link

Hopefully it doesn't become an issue. Fortunately I think Tete + Robinson will be better at closing down crosses into the box.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: Rambler on September 20, 2020, 10:50:11 PM

Long highlights clip of Marlon for those like me that know nothing of the defender.

He's definitely a RCB.
And has more skill than our current 2 CB combined by the look of it

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

grandad

He's definitely a RCB.
He times his tackles to perfection. His headed clearances seem to always find one of his own players. Only clips but does seem confident & assured.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 10:50:21 PM

QuoteThey are also not very efficient when it comes to attempting and winning aerial duels. Their frequency rate is the lowest in the league and their success rate doesn't compensate for that. Not only this stops them from keeping the possession quite frequently but it also makes them very vulnerable when defending in the box. Due to their tendency to commit the wide players up front, they often struggle defending the wings, which respectively exposes them to conceding more crosses. With their lack of aerial abilities, this is extremely dangerous in the box, since it often leaves the opposition unbothered.

Link

Hopefully it doesn't become an issue. Fortunately I think Tete + Robinson will be better at closing down crosses into the box.

I think SP should use the cup game to trial Bryan in front of Robinson. Bryan could be the next Bale. A crap fullback turned into a dangerous attacker

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 20, 2020, 11:37:40 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 20, 2020, 10:50:21 PM

Link

I think SP should use the cup game to trial Bryan in front of Robinson. Bryan could be the next Bale. A crap fullback turned into a dangerous attacker
Foolish ham

Matt10

He's definitely a RCB.

Centerback built like a defensive midfielder, that is the way. Great speed on him. I'm in.

The Rational Fan

Having the centre backs of Marlon, Hector and Mawson (with S.Sess, MLM and Odoi) on the books for next season would give us a good CB base if we were to go back down. Buy Marlon on a four year deal, plus bring in a top loan LCB for this season (like Smalling) and Tony Khan has done better than expected in defensive recruitment this season.

rebel

Quote from: grandad on September 20, 2020, 11:03:14 PM

He's definitely a RCB.
He times his tackles to perfection. His headed clearances seem to always find one of his own players. Only clips but does seem confident & assured.

I don't think you can a true evaluation on these clips. You need to watch a couple of 90 minutes of matches to make any sort of evaluation.

ByTheRiver

Must confess I've never seen this Marlon fella but if he's at least as good as his namesake Brando would've been playing in his latter period, then he'll surely be an improvement on what we have.

What worries me though is all this Brazilian, played for Barca, good on the ball stuff. Has anyone seen him play a few times and can they confirm he can actually, you know, defend? 'Cos that's priority 1,2,3 and 4 for me.

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 21, 2020, 07:58:36 AM
Must confess I've never seen this Marlon fella but if he's at least as good as his namesake Brando would've been playing in his latter period, then he'll surely be an improvement on what we have.

What worries me though is all this Brazilian, played for Barca, good on the ball stuff. Has anyone seen him play a few times and can they confirm he can actually, you know, defend? 'Cos that's priority 1,2,3 and 4 for me.
knowing our recruitment, he is more likely to be a marlon dingle than a marlon brando
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 21, 2020, 03:46:16 AM
Having the centre backs of Marlon, Hector and Mawson (with S.Sess, MLM and Odoi) on the books for next season would give us a good CB base if we were to go back down. Buy Marlon on a four year deal, plus bring in a top loan LCB for this season (like Smalling) and Tony Khan has done better than expected in defensive recruitment this season.

The expectations were lower than a snakes belly in the first place, and in the second place he has surpassed even that point by proving he can make expectations even lower than the belly of a snake by burying his head in the sand which is phenomenally lower.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Art Vandelay

Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 10:18:24 PM
In NFR news, Tottenham seem to want to replace Dele Alli with Jesse Lindgard. Weird stuff.

Definite downgrade for the spuds.

The BBC gossip column valued Lindgard at £30 mil which must of been a misprint.

General

Quote from: Art Vandelay on September 21, 2020, 08:36:29 AM
Quote from: Tabby on September 20, 2020, 10:18:24 PM

Definite downgrade for the spuds.

The BBC gossip column valued Lindgard at £30 mil which must of been a misprint.

Mourinho has worked with both. Spurs are losing out as alli clearly has more about him but Mourinho may see differently.

HillingdonFFC

Like most of us in the same boat. I watched some highlights but that often never really tells the full story. I've trawled social media & the general concensus seems to be, he's a tidy player who is a good passer with decent pace but, in the eyes of people who know him, not the defensive minded, dominating organiser we're absolutely crying out for.
Odoi & Ream as much as I like &: respect them are not premier League standard defenders, Hector is looking increasingly suspect too. Maybe this guy alongside another signing could do a good job
Talk of Kongolo who I rate but barely kicked a ball in seven months. Really not sure why we're not throwing the kitchen sink at Tah considering Smalling only wants to go to Roma

JoelH5

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 21, 2020, 08:48:41 AM

Like most of us in the same boat. I watched some highlights but that often never really tells the full story. I've trawled social media & the general concensus seems to be, he's a tidy player who is a good passer with decent pace but, in the eyes of people who know him, not the defensive minded, dominating organiser we're absolutely crying out for.
Odoi & Ream as much as I like &: respect them are not premier League standard defenders, Hector is looking increasingly suspect too. Maybe this guy alongside another signing could do a good job
Talk of Kongolo who I rate but barely kicked a ball in seven months. Really not sure why we're not throwing the kitchen sink at Tah considering Smalling only wants to go to Roma

And we have the money to do so after the Wembley win
I was there, standing in the Putney end