more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Deadline Day

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 25, 2020, 12:34:45 PM
Not sure why you are all so in a fluster about luis. Hardly played any top flight games , do you honestly think he could come straight in and be a good PL level player. If he is such a player why have Benfica let him go without getting one or two good seasons out of him?

Depends on terms of the loan which they don't have an option to buy on. If he's guaranteed a certain level more games in a good setup with coaches who may help get more out of him, then he's an asset monaco are developing for Benfica to benefit from.

Noone knows about any foreign players in most ways - the league is littered with international players who've struggled to adapt. Anguissa and Seri, Lucas Leiva struggled, Salah and De Bruyne failed in the premier league initially.

It's about how you develop the player and encourage them and develop their confidence. If we can do that with this player then bonus.

Anguissa is a key example of how one poor season doesn't mean a player is bad, it's more how they are managed and developed and how committed they are to the project, team or their own professional ambitions to succeed.

For what it's worth I think Luis looks very good for his age and many professional sites, include UEFA/FIFA have profiles on him as one of the most exciting in europe.

Obviously that's never a guarantee, but isn't it, or shouldn't it be the aim of the club to be able to develop top talent. Our youth coaches certainly have that ability. Many top players choose to go to clubs with managers citing the managers ability to coach them and bring the best out of them to take them to the next level. Mourinho, Klopp, Brendan Rogers are three.

Holders

Quote from: SG on September 25, 2020, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: Tabby on September 25, 2020, 09:47:49 AM
Florentino Luis to Monaco now official.

Tax free South of France or London - easy choice in my book

You're not wrong there! Similar with Munich, Leipzig etc., nice cities. A lot seems to be written about the "attraction" of London; I'd say it was more the PL that's the lure.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

We Are Premier League

Gray and Amartey for a total of €20m...double deal with the foxes, get it done.

Deeping_white

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 25, 2020, 01:19:55 PM
Gray and Amartey for a total of €20m...double deal with the foxes, get it done.

Well considering they want £4 for Amartey and £12 for Grey that would be a colossal waste of money, especially since neither are clear upgrades

Jim©

Quote from: Porthogs FC on September 25, 2020, 12:05:23 PM
Looks like Everton and us are linked with the same two CB's. Marlon is done, Kongolo had a medical, assuming he passes that's two CB's in. If we actually get a third in (Everton gets one, we get one), could we have our top 4 CB's have Hector as the worst of them? THAT would certainly tickle my fancy.

Would allow us to move to a 3-5-2 system. To me, especially if we keep Seri, our team is more suited to this. We lack ANY winger strength, and in a 3-5-2 the positions to still sort out would just be Mitro's partner (currently would be BDR, Kamara or Onomah), a backup for Mitro, and perhaps a backup for Reed still (although with Lemina, not too sure we need this). We could play with a midfield of Lemina, Anguissa and Seri, with Reed, Cairney and Onomah as backup. I'd be excited to see that midfield with wing backs pushing us forward, rather than the dithering we've been doing for the last 2 seasons.

Parker made it really clear that we wouldn't be going down the line of changing everything as we did last time. So i don't think we'll be playing an entirely new MF, with new CBs, GK and a new partner for Mitro, let alone a brand new system.

rusty shackleford

"Fulham launch late bid to hijack Crystal Palace's move for Brentford's £30m-rated flier Said Benrahma"

The Mail Online

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 25, 2020, 01:57:23 PM
"Fulham launch late bid to hijack Crystal Palace's move for Brentford's £30m-rated flier Said Benrahma"

The Mail Online
D to doubt
Foolish ham

Slaphead in Qatar

The Mail Online

Now he would be a player that could really make a positive difference for us.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 25, 2020, 02:25:25 PM

The Mail Online

He's been at Fulham all season, in Odoi's back pocket...

Never ever bloody anything ever.

FFC1987

I just can't see us buying him to be honest. Priced out I'd imagine.

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 25, 2020, 02:40:26 PM
We're screaming for some creativity

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FFC1987

Quote from: Denzil Dexter on September 25, 2020, 02:45:11 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 25, 2020, 02:40:26 PM
We're screaming for some creativity

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I don't disagree but I just don't see us throwing 30m at him and I don't think we should to be honest.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Porthogs FC on September 25, 2020, 12:05:23 PM
Looks like Everton and us are linked with the same two CB's. Marlon is done, Kongolo had a medical, assuming he passes that's two CB's in. If we actually get a third in (Everton gets one, we get one), could we have our top 4 CB's have Hector as the worst of them? THAT would certainly tickle my fancy.

Would allow us to move to a 3-5-2 system. To me, especially if we keep Seri, our team is more suited to this. We lack ANY winger strength, and in a 3-5-2 the positions to still sort out would just be Mitro's partner (currently would be BDR, Kamara or Onomah), a backup for Mitro, and perhaps a backup for Reed still (although with Lemina, not too sure we need this). We could play with a midfield of Lemina, Anguissa and Seri, with Reed, Cairney and Onomah as backup. I'd be excited to see that midfield with wing backs pushing us forward, rather than the dithering we've been doing for the last 2 seasons.

I agree that formation and set up would probably suit this team better. 

Like you say, it would allow the likes of Bryan and Tete the opportunity to push forward and support the attack to provide the width, with much less concern about getting caught out of position defensively.

Sgt Fulham

Get someone better than Benrahma for £30m. He was absolutely nullified by OUR defence...imagine that.

filham

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on September 25, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

The Mail Online

Sounds as if a lazy journo is in need of an extra paragraph to complete his article.

JimOG

Quote from: filham on September 25, 2020, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on September 25, 2020, 02:38:27 PM

The Mail Online

Sounds as if a lazy journo is in need of an extra paragraph to complete his article.

+1

Deeping_white

?s=21

Loan for Lookman with a £2m fee

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 05:12:56 PM
?s=21

Loan for Lookman with a £2m fee
Really hope there's an option in that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Tabby

Don't really have much to go on other than gut feeling but I'd be happy with Lookman. My gut isn't the most reliable source though.