Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: St. Andrews White on September 25, 2020, 05:32:00 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 05:12:56 PM
?s=21

Loan for Lookman with a £2m fee
Really hope there's an option in that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Which one is Lookman, the one with his knee strapped up, not a good omen, or the guy in the yellow top, falling over?!

Nero

bloke on the left could fit into our defence, that late getting there the others have gone

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 05:50:48 PM
bloke on the left could fit into our defence, that late getting there the others have gone

No he's too good for our defence because it looks like he was at least in the right position initially.

Slaphead in Qatar

Hoping lookman doesn't happen - he has not made the grade at his last few clubs - looks like another schurrle to me but may be worse

LittleErn

Quote from: Nero on September 25, 2020, 05:50:48 PM

LOL 🤣

Deeping_white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 25, 2020, 05:57:00 PM
Hoping lookman doesn't happen - he has not made the grade at his last few clubs - looks like another schurrle to me but may be worse

This is a really odd and bad take, he had an excellent first season at Leipzig on loan and then got into the Everton team regularly before going back to Leipzig

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 06:05:22 PM

This is a really odd and bad take, he had an excellent first season at Leipzig on loan and then got into the Everton team regularly before going back to Leipzig

He had a good half of a season at Leipzig, then got recalled to Everton and benched most of the rest of the season and a half. Then RBL bought him and promptly switched managers to Nagelsmann who didn't rate him.

Strange career I think. I wouldn't say that it is wrong to be cautious about Lookman though. Many would be stars have fallen by the wayside.

mkras99

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws/946391/anderlecht-kan-dimata-toch-kwijtraken-as-roma-en-fulham-tonen-interesse-.html

RSC Anderlecht can still say goodbye to Landry Dimata this summer. The striker has already been linked to Dijon, but himself refused that transfer. Now AS Roma and Fulham are also showing interest.

According to the Italian Tuttomercatoweb , the Italian club has already contacted Dimata to take over the striker from Anderlecht. The Purple & White wouldn't be reluctant to leave either. It has reportedly already accepted an offer from Dijon, but Dimata himself did not see it.

At AS Roma, Dimata has to become the backup of Edin Dzeko, who is incontournable with the Romans. In addition to AS Roma, Fulham would also follow the striker closely. With the Londoners, he could again become the back-up of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who previously played for RSC Anderlecht.

The 23-year-old Dimata celebrated his comeback at Anderlecht this season after more than a year of injuries. He managed to score twice in five matches and was even called up for the Red Devils. In the meantime he seems to have lost his place at Anderlecht to Lukas Nmecha.

AnOldBrownie

I don't see why in the world we'd sign Lookman if it's not because we want an English player on our squad.    I haven't seen anything in watching 3 of his games that says I'd start him over Kamara, Kebano or Knockhaert...and I'd rather give our own youth prospects run.

Obviously there may have been games other than the 3 I've watched where he's assisted well on a goal (one which our current attacking players couldn't have done) or where he's beaten a defender for pace (I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened though), but I don't really see anything great from the young man.

I don't see an improvement over the players we already have...which is the concern.

Tabby

Quote from: mkras99 on September 25, 2020, 06:28:57 PM
https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws/946391/anderlecht-kan-dimata-toch-kwijtraken-as-roma-en-fulham-tonen-interesse-.html

RSC Anderlecht can still say goodbye to Landry Dimata this summer. The striker has already been linked to Dijon, but himself refused that transfer. Now AS Roma and Fulham are also showing interest.

According to the Italian Tuttomercatoweb , the Italian club has already contacted Dimata to take over the striker from Anderlecht. The Purple & White wouldn't be reluctant to leave either. It has reportedly already accepted an offer from Dijon, but Dimata himself did not see it.

At AS Roma, Dimata has to become the backup of Edin Dzeko, who is incontournable with the Romans. In addition to AS Roma, Fulham would also follow the striker closely. With the Londoners, he could again become the back-up of Aleksandar Mitrovic, who previously played for RSC Anderlecht.

The 23-year-old Dimata celebrated his comeback at Anderlecht this season after more than a year of injuries. He managed to score twice in five matches and was even called up for the Red Devils. In the meantime he seems to have lost his place at Anderlecht to Lukas Nmecha.

Ah, he was out for over a year with knee problems, sure to join here.

Riversider

One or two reports on Twitter linking us to Yannick Bolasie, what a signing he would be if he was back to anywhere near his best.

Tabby

Italian paper claiming that Seri has been offered to Napoli as well as Inter.

Deeping_white

Dimata would be a great signing - he's only 22, strong and quick and a decent finisher too. Reckon he'd be very good in the PL given a run of games. If he didn't have the knee injury he'd already be playing at a higher level. Don't think he'd cost a fortune and would work well in our setup. Also his knee injury was cartilage related rather than ACL or PCL so it's a different sort of risk, which could be good/bad depending on how you view it.

JimOG

Quote from: Riversider on September 25, 2020, 06:33:06 PM
One or two reports on Twitter linking us to Yannick Bolasie, what a signing he would be if he was back to anywhere near his best.

Yes fantastic at his best ...31 years of age younger than Babel...dunno

JEEVES

Quote from: Riversider on September 25, 2020, 06:33:06 PM

I'm assuming that his best years must have been the last couple at anderlecht and sporting? Which tbf I haven't seen any of. If however you're referring to his years in the premier league then definitely no thanks. Don't remember him ever being much better than Knockaert. A player who is good with the ball at his feet but completely lacks end product. Wouldn't be anything in Babel.

junior white

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 07:03:32 PM

Dimata would be a great signing - he's only 22, strong and quick and a decent finisher too. Reckon he'd be very good in the PL given a run of games. If he didn't have the knee injury he'd already be playing at a higher level. Don't think he'd cost a fortune and would work well in our setup. Also his knee injury was cartilage related rather than ACL or PCL so it's a different sort of risk, which could be good/bad depending on how you view it.

Spoke to my dad who is out in Belgium and they are Saying RSCA would want at least 8 million euros and their fans are happy to see him go, aside the year out he picks up niggling issues and isn't the player he was before.

Dad says he was a good player and if he can get back there he would be a decent singing for back up, if he doesn't the. He would be a very average squad player

But it's all about opinions

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 25, 2020, 06:31:52 PM

I don't see why in the world we'd sign Lookman if it's not because we want an English player on our squad.    I haven't seen anything in watching 3 of his games that says I'd start him over Kamara, Kebano or Knockhaert...and I'd rather give our own youth prospects run.

Obviously there may have been games other than the 3 I've watched where he's assisted well on a goal (one which our current attacking players couldn't have done) or where he's beaten a defender for pace (I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened though), but I don't really see anything great from the young man.

I don't see an improvement over the players we already have...which is the concern.
his stats are shocking, I mean really shocking. How is he even on Tony's radar.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 25, 2020, 07:03:32 PM

out for a year due to a cartilage problem doesn't sound good at all. I bet he has to have injections before every game and struggles to train ala Ledley. I'd give this a wide birth 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.