Main Menu

Oh by the way , their opponents are Fulham

Started by epsomraver, November 19, 2010, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

That nob Lorwo
Fulham v Man City (1600 GMT)
Fulham v Man City

This is arguably the game of the weekend. Mark Hughes against the club he was unfortunate to get the sack from. Plus, his replacement Roberto Mancini is under a little bit of pressure.

The Italian does not seem to want to commit too many men forward or select too many attacking players to win games, which I think is a real problem. They only play three attackers. They have Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong in midfield, who are all predominantly players who are very good at getting the ball back.

Apart from Barry, who occasionally gets a goal, they will not create too much. But they are difficult to beat, whatever you say. I think Mancini is of the mode of thinking: 'finish fourth, get the Champions League spot, job done'.

Goalkeeper Joe Hart may be injured, but with Shay Given to come in that is not going to be a blow to City. I have a sneaking suspicion that the money of Manchester City might just be too much for Fulham, as much as Mark Hughes would love to beat them

Whiteroom

I read that. I can't say how much I want to beat them at the weekend. Aside from our blue neighbours they are my least favourite side in the league.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

I was thrilled to see he was backing City to win 1-2. 
Nogod "big ex-mouth talking out of his coal scuttle again, isit" Boyo

nevzter

Quote from: epsomraver on November 19, 2010, 12:16:04 PM
That nob Lorwo
Fulham v Man City (1600 GMT)
Fulham v Man City

This is arguably the game of the weekend. Mark Hughes against the club he was unfortunate to get the sack from. Plus, his replacement Roberto Mancini is under a little bit of pressure.

The Italian does not seem to want to commit too many men forward or select too many attacking players to win games, which I think is a real problem. They only play three attackers. They have Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure and Nigel De Jong in midfield, who are all predominantly players who are very good at getting the ball back.

Apart from Barry, who occasionally gets a goal, they will not create too much. But they are difficult to beat, whatever you say. I think Mancini is of the mode of thinking: 'finish fourth, get the Champions League spot, job done'.

Goalkeeper Joe Hart may be injured, but with Shay Given to come in that is not going to be a blow to City. I have a sneaking suspicion that the money of Manchester City might just be too much for Fulham, as much as Mark Hughes would love to beat them

Agree, epsomraver, nary a mention of the Whites in his prediction, but that's to be expected.  He's a total d-bag each and every week when it comes to Fulham.  If I ever saw Lawro in person, I'd punch him on principle...and for being a Tampa Bay Rowdie $hithead.  
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

SmithyFFC

I say it every week, and this week is no expection, does anyone really care what this bias tw*t thinks?!
FTID

RidgeRider

I am with Epsom and Nev, first Lawro can't even win our little tipping comp and 2nd, if we went back and checked Lawro's history when it comes to Fulham, he nearly never picks us to win let alone a draw a match. I think he doesn't track us with much effort and there's something personal with Fulham.