watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My 1st 11 v Brentford

Started by FulhamStu, June 01, 2020, 07:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

D Reid playing as an AM changed our fortunes this season.

Rodak
Odoi/Hector/Ream/Bryan
Cairney/Macdonald
Decordova Reid
Cav/Mitro/Kamara

We Are Premier League

:plus one:
Quote from: MrFFC on June 01, 2020, 07:54:59 AM
For me

Rodak
   Odoi  Hector   Ream  Bryan
             Reed Cairney
  Kamara     Bobby     Cavaleiro
                 Mitrovic

What I predict Parker goes for

Rodak
   Odoi     Hector     Ream     Bryan
       Onomah   Reed   Cairney
   Cavaleiro      Mitro          Bobby

Onomah will be starting

FulhamStu

Interesting that almost all of us have Odoi at right back rather than Christie, this was the most difficult one for me.   I love Odoi and he is the better defender but we lose a lot in attack although he is useful for set pieces.   I am still not convinced by Kamara and I think he is better used as an impact sub, he does seem however to be getting a lot of support.   We certainly have plenty of options and the 5 subs should give us an advantage over most.   I said in a post a week or so ago, this little spell is going to seriously test Parker's ability at game management.   This was before the 5 sub announcement which will test him even more.  There is an opportunity to make changes at half time, and still have plenty of other options.  Keeping players fresh but not upsetting the balance and shape of the team when it's going well and making necessary changes when it's required, not to mention motivating with no fans present who would otherwise provide support and atmosphere.   Will be very interesting.

Baszab

Need 2 right backs to cover Benrama

Andy S

We have no idea who will be fit yet people want to select the team. Why would you think clubs want to play so many subs?
A. to make up for lack of fitness
B. To spice up the last few games
C. Just for fun

Milo

Quote from: Baszab on June 01, 2020, 10:00:13 PM
Need 2 right backs to cover Benrama

Interesting point. We no longer have a RW capable of tracking back really - like Ayite did.

I suppose it's ... Onomah... but I'm not a fan.

Cav is borderline more effective defensively than Knockaert. Kamara often just gives away free kicks in dangerous places with his bulldozer like approach to tracking back.

fulhamben

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 01, 2020, 02:55:53 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 01, 2020, 02:48:18 PM
has knockaert even made himself available, i thought he didn't want to play anymore this season

There are also still questions as to contract/loan agreements. Same applies to Arter/Reed/Kongolo etc.
im not even on about whether he is eligible to play or not, I was on about his last statement, where it didn't sound like he wanted to stick a Fulham shirt on and fight for the cause.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 01, 2020, 09:49:51 PM
Interesting that almost all of us have Odoi at right back rather than Christie, this was the most difficult one for me.   I love Odoi and he is the better defender but we lose a lot in attack although he is useful for set pieces.  I am still not convinced by Kamara and I think he is better used as an impact sub, he does seem however to be getting a lot of support.

Brilliantly well written. I think Christie is probably a little faster for longer runs than Odoi, which maybe useful against Brentford.

I think you are wise to suggest starting with Odoi and Kamara on the bench, an additional reason to rest them is that combined they cover the seven positions the squad has the least depth in, most importantly they cover Bryan and Mitro respectively.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: fulhamben on June 02, 2020, 01:01:09 AM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 01, 2020, 02:55:53 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 01, 2020, 02:48:18 PM
has knockaert even made himself available, i thought he didn't want to play anymore this season

There are also still questions as to contract/loan agreements. Same applies to Arter/Reed/Kongolo etc.
im not even on about whether he is eligible to play or not, I was on about his last statement, where it didn't sound like he wanted to stick a Fulham shirt on and fight for the cause.

You had a valid point and it was not my intention to question it. The reason I brought this up is that it may yet not matter whether Knockaert is willing/unwilling to play for us, as he may not be permitted to do so by his parent club (or Fulham may be unwilling to activate his transfer clause).

That said his interview suggests he would be willing to play if necessary:
Quote"Right now, if I had to return to the league and return to work, I would give it my all. But, if I could give my opinion, I would be against it because I think this is also a risk for us, the players.