watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo loan status?

Started by AnOldBrownie, May 30, 2020, 11:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Has there been any real information on how parent teams will be handling their loan player situation?    We initially thought Terrence wouldn't be available for the remainder of the year, but now that we've got 9 additional games probably coming near the end of June...and Kongolo's contract ends tomorrow...do we still keep him for those 9 games?

General

just noticed on his instagram that his latest post said that 2 weeks ago was his first day without crutches... so may be 3 weeks given that after the first week, instagram works in week timeframes.. I don't know how long it takes to recover full fitness but I would be suprised if he made a full back given that news. I imagine it'll be a slow rebuilding process.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: General on May 31, 2020, 12:37:44 AM
just noticed on his instagram that his latest post said that 2 weeks ago was his first day without crutches... so may be 3 weeks given that after the first week, instagram works in week timeframes.. I don't know how long it takes to recover full fitness but I would be suprised if he made a full back given that news. I imagine it'll be a slow rebuilding process.

I want him on next years squad.   Would be nice if we could extend the loan.    I mean, who knows...his contract with Huddersfield expires in 2022.  Might be able to get him for a steal. 

Jims Dentist

Hopefully not stating the obvious, but surely be needs to be well over his serious injury before we make any financial  commitment.

Milo

Given he is injury prone, we have to be careful not to make the same mistake we made by signing Mawson.

Personally I would be looking elsewhere, but I am sure for the right price it would be worth the gamble?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 31, 2020, 01:43:39 AM

I want him on next years squad.   Would be nice if we could extend the loan.    I mean, who knows...his contract with Huddersfield expires in 2022.  Might be able to get him for a steal.

Kongolo is obviously an exceptional player when uninjured and mentally prepared for a fight, but unless we get him at a bargain i wouldn't buy him as he has had a lot of injuries in the last year and was problematic at Huddersfield.

We need to avoid buying players like Mawson that are Premier League standard but spend 46% of their time offical injured, another 9% unofficial injured, 15% getting match fit, 10% working out partnership, 10% playing well and another 5% getting injuried again. I'd prefer find a young fit centre back around 22-25 yo and offer him a 5 year contract, to give us some stability.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 02, 2020, 01:14:28 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on May 31, 2020, 01:43:39 AM

Kongolo is obviously an exceptional player when uninjured and mentally prepared for a fight, but unless we get him at a bargain i wouldn't buy him as he has had a lot of injuries in the last year and was problematic at Huddersfield.

We need to avoid buying players like Mawson that are Premier League standard but spend 46% of their time offical injured, another 9% unofficial injured, 15% getting match fit, 10% working out partnership, 10% playing well and another 5% getting injuried again. I'd prefer find a young fit centre back around 22-25 yo and offer him a 5 year contract, to give us some stability.

Agreed.  But I think an EPL player of that level who isn't already on the squad is going to cost the team 30 million pounds...unless it's an U20 player that is owned by a top 6 EPL squad (Liverpool, Man utd, Chelsea). 

To be fair...I'm hoping Anguissa comes back and can actually play the #6 for us (EPL), which would leave us looking for just a CB to play beside Michael.   

I'd want Kongolo for depth at the CB/LB spot if he can stay healthy.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 02, 2020, 02:14:32 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 02, 2020, 01:14:28 AM
I'd prefer find a young fit centre back around 22-25 yo and offer him a 5 year contract, to give us some stability.

Agreed.  But I think an EPL player of that level who isn't already on the squad is going to cost the team 30 million pounds...unless it's an U20 player that is owned by a top 6 EPL squad (Liverpool, Man utd, Chelsea). 

To be fair...I'm hoping Anguissa comes back and can actually play the #6 for us (EPL), which would leave us looking for just a CB to play beside Michael.  I'd want Kongolo for depth at the CB/LB spot if he can stay healthy.

A lot depends on Mawson's performance for the rest of the season. If Mawson proves to be a quality Championship defender and we go up, then instead of buying another center-back we could just loan one (maybe loan with an option to buy). Its a waste of money for a yo-yo team to buy players that won't play in the Championship for one-two seasons.

If we go up, the first player we must buy is a right-winger, as we need two quality right-wingers in either division. At the start of next season, we will have only one true winger in the squad Cav, plus part-time wingers Reid and Kamara. I think Leeds, WBA, Brentford and Forest as well as Milwall, Swansea and Hull have had better players at right-wing than us this season.

With a better right winger we might have drawn six games instead of ten games, which would mean we would be winning the league.  We have failed to get on the score sheet in 7 of 37 games this season and only scored twice in 14 of 37 games.

AnOldBrownie

Mawson is not in Fulham's on the pitch future.  Period.   See how quickly Michael H. made an impact?  That's what we needed Mawson to do and he didn't.   

Let's hope an U20 player makes the required jump.

Stevieboy

I wonder how Chambers might feel about a move if we go up.
Is he still injured?

alfie

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 02, 2020, 08:05:01 AM
Mawson is not in Fulham's on the pitch future.  Period.   See how quickly Michael H. made an impact?  That's what we needed Mawson to do and he didn't.   

Let's hope an U20 player makes the required jump.
He didn't then but he might now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't