https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things are becoming clearer

Started by FulhamStu, July 06, 2020, 08:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on July 06, 2020, 04:49:15 PM
Quote from: rebel on July 06, 2020, 03:41:21 PM
It's a long shot, but the pressure will be immense on Leeds and WBA, they might still implode. This is an average Championship. I don't think Leeds or WBA are anything special. I believe they still has to play 'the strugglers', 'the strugglers need to avoid finishing 22nd. So the bottom 7 / 8 teams.

Momentum is everything, I'm not sure the two wins gives us that, but it gives us a platform of sorts. 
West Brom scored four in their last game we have scored three in the four matches post Lockdown, where is the momentum.

What does our momentum have to do with how many goals WBA scored last game (given they didn't score them against us)? To answer the question, I assume that what was meant as "a plaform of sorts" (not a momentum, as per the post you quoted) was the two wins in a row. As for WBA, the post clearly recognizes that they have to implode in order for us to catch them.

The Rational Fan

If momentum is everything, then may I remind you that our defense conceded 3 goals against Leeds, then 1 goal against QPR and then a clean sheet last game. Now we have the clean sheet momentum. If we keep the clean sheet momentum and Mitro comes back on Fire, then we have a good chance of promotion.

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 06, 2020, 07:16:26 PM
Quote from: filham on July 06, 2020, 04:49:15 PM
It's a long shot, but the pressure will be immense on Leeds and WBA, they might still implode. This is an average Championship. I don't think Leeds or WBA are anything special. I believe they still has to play 'the strugglers', 'the strugglers need to avoid finishing 22nd. So the bottom 7 / 8 teams.

I would have more confidence right now if we had scored 4 goals against Birmingham  rather than just snatching a single goal in the last minute of the game, we really are on the verge of a goal drought, trying hard to remember when any of our front three last scored.

Momentum is everything, I'm not sure the two wins gives us that, but it gives us a platform of sorts. 
West Brom scored four in their last game we have scored three in the four matches post Lockdown, where is the momentum.

What does our momentum have to do with how many goals WBA scored last game (given they didn't score them against us)? To answer the question, I assume that what was meant as "a plaform of sorts" (not a momentum, as per the post you quoted) was the two wins in a row. As for WBA, the post clearly recognizes that they have to implode in order for us to catch them.

clarkey

I love the naivety of people reckoning that we "hide our cards".

This isn't poker this is trying to get any sort of a performance at all. We have been woeful recently, we need to get a new manager asap. Break the bank go for Poch or make a booking for Eddie Howe, either would  be terrific.

We stand two chances if we get to the play offs, slim and no

Logicalman

Don't forget that they also have Derby to play, who have, with Cardiff, the second best restart to Brentford.
Derby Fixtures : WBA (A), Brentford (H), Cardiff (A) & Leeds (H) for the next 4 games, that will both be a telling point for them, and the top 6 overall

Overall, I wouldn't put it past Derby to make up the difference and drop Cardiff out of the running.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.