watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-The Bridge

Started by bog, June 14, 2020, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

No not that thing, but the sub titled excellent drama from Sweden/Denmark. Probably behind everyone else but have been pigging out on a full box set. Anyone else seen this? 

092.gif   

mrmicawbers

Good drama,really enjoyed it.Wife's Danish and she told me they were speaking both Danish and Swedish in it.I would have been none the wiser.

Twig

bog

We found Saga's personality made for compulsive viewing.  Blunt to the point you could say. 

WhiteJC

very good watch, much better than the "English/French" version

bog

We thought the sub titles would put us off but they didn't. Disappointed we have seen it all now!

Fulham 442

We enjoyed The Tunnel,  guess this is similar?

HV71

One of the best TV dramas ever - as far as I am concerned Loved it - and the music. Also preferred the original Swedish version of Wallander to the BBC adaptation ( although still good )
Bog - when you have finished - try 'A Very Scandi Scandal' on All 4 ( Walter Presents ) . It's a tongue in cheek drama about two Swedish ladies in their sixties who take to crime. Funny and compelling.

RaySmith

The Bridge supposedly showed a  dichotomy between dour Swedes and  outgoing, warm Danes.
Saga was a brilliant character, anyway.

Yes, top series.

Lighthouse

Yes Saga was a great character and the whole partnership thing worked very well. Sad when they stopped making them but it made sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

A recent Scandi series State of Happiness, on BBC, probably available on IPlayer,  is very good.

Not a thriller, but about a small Norwegian  I think, community with valuable off -shore oil, which the Americans are  engaged in  exploiting, but this also means work and prosperity for local people, and the  government wants to maximise  this potential, and ensure  they make as much as possible.

Related to this are the relationships between local people and the American oil workers, which are generally friendly and welcoming, but lead to some  tensions.

Not a thriller - you might call it a comedy/drama, and maybe not to everyone's taste, especially if thrillers are your thing, it also has a very strong  young  woman as a central , very engaging, character, who is quietly, in her role as as secretary who overhears a lot of things, instrumental in events.

In these troubled times, this  series has no violence, apart from some  drunken  fights,  and is  generally positive.
It also shows how the ordinary Scandinavians ,in small towns, live - often a hand to mouth   farming  life.
My wife and myself liked it anyway.

Lighthouse

Quote from: RaySmith on June 14, 2020, 06:18:04 PM
A recent Scandi series State of Happiness, on BBC, probably available on IPlayer,  is very good.

Not a thriller, but about a small Norwegian  I think, community with valuable off -shore oil, which the Americans are  engaged in  exploiting, but this also means work and prosperity for local people, and the  government wants to maximise  this potential, and ensure  they make as much as possible.

Related to this are the relationships between local people and the American oil workers, which are generally friendly and welcoming, but lead to some  tensions.

Not a thriller - you might call it a comedy/drama, and maybe not to everyone's taste, especially if thrillers are your thing, it also has a very strong  young  woman as a central , very engaging, character, who is quietly, in her role as as secretary who overhears a lot of things, instrumental in events.

In these troubled times, this  series has no violence, apart from some  drunken  fights,  and is  generally positive.
It also shows how the ordinary Scandinavians ,in small towns, live - often a hand to mouth   farming  life.
My wife and myself liked it anyway.

Yes I enjoyed that as well. Again a strong female lead as the daughter of the Farmer and now turned secretary.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Quote from: HV71 on June 14, 2020, 04:31:56 PM
One of the best TV dramas ever - as far as I am concerned Loved it - and the music. Also preferred the original Swedish version of Wallander to the BBC adaptation ( although still good )
Bog - when you have finished - try 'A Very Scandi Scandal' on All 4 ( Walter Presents ) . It's a tongue in cheek drama about two Swedish ladies in their sixties who take to crime. Funny and compelling.

Thanks I will look out for that HV71.  :54:

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 14, 2020, 04:08:07 PM

Not sure, I saw that advertised on one of the CDs.

WhiteJC

Quote from: bog on June 14, 2020, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 14, 2020, 04:08:07 PM

Not sure, I saw that advertised on one of the CDs.

the Tunnel was the "English" version

Peabody

H4usuallysitting

Do what..... no-one's mentioned Lovejoy... probably the best bit of drama ever written.....and no fancy sub titles

bog