News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How will the players get to games, anyone know ?

Started by Riversider, June 08, 2020, 01:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Seems a silly question to ask , right ? Hear me out, at the weekend a number of clubs played practice matches, Arsenal beat Charlton 6 nil, WBA drew 2-2 with Villa, Chelsea, Man U and Spurs played inter squad games,
Now then, if you believe what was reported, all players travelled to the stadium in their own cars, already dressed in their kit,
If true, how do our players get to Leeds and how do Middlesbrough players get to every away game ?
And please don't get me started on airport quarantine measures and the fact that the passengers arriving at Heathrow today are travelling by tube, bus, taxi to their destination that they will be spending 14 days at, and how will it be policed , anybody know ?

filham

Well we are at home for the first game against Brentford and lets hope the Brentford players are made to use their bikes for that short trip.

H4usuallysitting

Coach for away.... drive there own vehicle for home

Riversider

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 08, 2020, 02:44:58 PM

But two days ago it wasn't acceptable to use a coach, does that rule change next week ?

Montague

Quote from: Riversider on June 08, 2020, 03:22:58 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 08, 2020, 02:44:58 PM

But two days ago it wasn't acceptable to use a coach, does that rule change next week ?

I suppose getting a coach to home / away games is no different (Rules wise) from using public transport

Riversider

QPR playing both Chelsea and West Ham this week, so it's a safe bet that we will have a couple of games this week as well 👍🏻

N_O_W_S

I suppose with all the testing going on, everyone on the coach for away days will be certified Covid free. The risk is that someone picks it up during the game and then the whole squad is exposed to the risk of getting infected on the coach home without ever knowing!

You can travel unlimited distances for exercise, so maybe they will all have to drive to away games (what if you dont have a licence ;-))

filham

Of course for the Brentford game we could allow them to park a dozen small rowing boats at the Cottage. Brentford to Fulham by River should enable them to maintain isolation.

General

Quote from: Ols_S on June 09, 2020, 09:12:25 AM
I suppose with all the testing going on, everyone on the coach for away days will be certified Covid free. The risk is that someone picks it up during the game and then the whole squad is exposed to the risk of getting infected on the coach home without ever knowing!

You can travel unlimited distances for exercise, so maybe they will all have to drive to away games (what if you dont have a licence ;-))

Couldn't the assumption be made though that in these circumstances the theory should be that everyone is in the same boat re having been tested to the hilt and should be covid-free?

Carborundum

Quote from: filham on June 09, 2020, 11:13:57 AM
Of course for the Brentford game we could allow them to park a dozen small rowing boats at the Cottage. Brentford to Fulham by River should enable them to maintain isolation.
A lovely image.  Conjures up the notion of kick-off time being decided by consulting tide tables.  Thirsty work and there would be some prime stopping places with beer gardens on the journey there and back.  Would certainly be happy to shout any Brentford player a pint or two as they make their way to the game.  Might even do it afterwards if they lost. 

Oh to sit in a pub beer garden again.