watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Favourite fulham goal that you have seen live at a stadium

Started by Finnans Right Peg, June 10, 2020, 09:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

What is your favourite Fulham goal you have seen live at a match.

Mine was Jon Harley v villa at loftus road what a strike made even sweeter by the fact the brother follows the Villa

spikey norman

Amongst so many will go for Alan Muller volley v Leicester equal with John Mitchell's goal v Birmingham in the semi final replay
Oh and Tom's goal v Villa at Wembley

bill taylors apprentice

Roger Browns headed goal at home v Lincoln City 1982
Last game of the season and Rogers goal took us up instead of Lincoln.

Art Vandelay

For the sheer emotion it has to be the Dempsey goal against Juventus.

An honourable mention has be be 15000 Volz as it was a landmark goal.

Southcoastffc

Sean Davis - Blackburn away; Tom Cairney at Wembley; Denis Odoi v Derby in 2nd leg play-off semi final.   None of them 'great goals' per se but they each meant so much in the context of team achievement at those times.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Colton F.C.

It was 1975 at Maine Road. A punch clearance by the Birmingham goalkeeper rebounds off John Mitchell's shoulder and rolls agonisingly slowly into the opposition's net.  Fulham's long march to Wembley was over.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 10, 2020, 10:02:20 PM
Roger Browns headed goal at home v Lincoln City 1982
Last game of the season and Rogers goal took us up instead of Lincoln.

That's a great shout, and from that era I will go for a fairly unknown Sullivan's goal away to Brentford.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

70sPimlico

Not my fave but I will always remember Horsfield's goal against Spurs in the FA cup. Night game at the cottage, he was put through and outside of his foot, curled it round the keeper, just inside the post. I was in HE and saw it perfectly. Good win. I might look that goal up now

70sPimlico

Quote from: 70sPimlico on June 10, 2020, 11:20:15 PM
Not my fave but I will always remember Horsfield's goal against Spurs in the FA cup. Night game at the cottage, he was put through and outside of his foot, curled it round the keeper, just inside the post. I was in HE and saw it perfectly. Good win. I might look that goal up now

League cup. Great memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcKW8wJG3s

Syd Cupp

Dempsey v Juve will always be there but another 2 not mentioned

Bouba Diop v Manchester United ... what a screamer to beat Van the Man Der Sar from 25 yards out.
Kamara's v Tottenham  the overhead bicycle kick
both equalisers in virtually the last moments.

RaySmith

Quote from: Syd Cupp on June 11, 2020, 12:30:49 AM
Dempsey v Juve will always be there but another 2 not mentioned

Bouba Diop v Manchester United ... what a screamer to beat Van the Man Der Sar from 25 yards out.
Kamara's v Tottenham  the overhead bicycle kick
both equalisers in virtually the last moments.

Listened to that kamara goal on the radio while walking across a moor with my wife, on my way back from a fell race. My wife wondered why i suddenly started leaping about.

I was at the game when Kamara scored at City in the Great Escape, and also at another City ground when  Mitchel scored in the  Semi-Final replay.
Both  greatest ever Fulham goals seen live, for me.

But more recently, I was at the  Play -off Final v Villa, so Tom's goal  to get us promoted, and the reaction of the White wall, is a brilliant memory.

Sir Alec of good Stock

PhilEsh

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 10, 2020, 09:17:49 PM
What is your favourite Fulham goal you have seen live at a match.

Mine was Jon Harley v villa at loftus road what a strike made even sweeter by the fact the brother follows the Villa

Mine too. Good call

Tempest

Michael cole v Brentford at Griffin Park, not spectacular but fuzzy memory recalls a rare win against them and even more so at their place. First time I saw us beat them possibly?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Dodgin

Holders

Apart from Mullery vs. Leicester, I'd offer Fred Callaghan away at Charlton. We'd been the better side in the first half but were 2-1 down with just a few minutes to go. Unusually, Fred went up for a corner and I thought that if anyone were going to score, it'd be him. In it went.

The Charlton programme for the day said something about it being unusual that at the end of the season they had nothing to play for, being away from promotion or relegation, whereas Fulham were at risk of relegation. All the sweeter when, at the end of the season, we stayed up and they went down. 

Just looked it up - it was 48 years ago.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Whitestone

Danny Murphy's header at Portsmouth to ensure Premier League survival. What a moment !

Russianrob

The goal in the UEFA cup final.l was sitting next to a Polish Fulham supporter l lived in Russia.Russians and Poles are enemies.Fulham scored we embraced!

sunburywhite

Quote from: 70sPimlico on June 10, 2020, 11:24:23 PM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on June 10, 2020, 11:20:15 PM

League cup. Great memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcKW8wJG3s

What a tackle on Ginola by Coleman
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Just has to be Dempsey against Juventus, it just had everything, a winner, the occasion, against a top world team, a full house at the Cottage and oh what a shot.