more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fake Crowd Noise for Broadcasts?

Started by The Rock, June 12, 2020, 04:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Sorry if this has already been discussed but just saw this:

"Sky's Free-to-air Premier League Coverage Will Include Fake Crowd Noise – And No Option to Switch It Off".

Really? to use a quote as a question like our old friend nogoodboyo - "This is FIFA '19 now is it?"

Fulham33

Turn the volume down to zero and get rid of the annoying Sky commentary too.

Barrett487

Will this crowd noise include chants like 'Who's the wa**er in the black' per chance? Asking for a friend.

lamby

They have been using fake crowd noise in the NRL and Aussie rules in Australia and it is MUCH better than the week before lockdown with no crowd noise

Fernhurst

They may require it just to cover the " f ing and jeffing" coming from the coaches area, especially after we score at Leeds.

:010:  :031:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DevonFFC

No difference at Liverpool when they pipe out you never walk alone through the tannoy system before each game

filham

I assume FFCtv will not have fake crowd noise, it will not be needed ,Gentleman Jim will provide the atmosphere for us.

FulhamKC

I watched a bit of the Dusseldorf-Dortmund and Hertha-Frankfurt games today. I had not watched any German league games since the restart. The first game had serious crowd noise while the second had some but not as much. I wasn't sure if it was being piped into the stadiums or just coming through the broadcast but since it was at different levels, I am assuming it was the former. Does anyone know?

WokinghamWhite

Watching Düsseldorf v Dortmund yesterday I was really amazed at how much they've come on with the fake crowd. It was blasting out of the tannoy and responding to what was happening on the pitch. So when the home side got a corner the noise went up and when an away player committed a foul there was whistling. Highlight was when Dortmund's Guerrera scored. He ran with his hand cupped to his ear, as if laughing at the "fans". Then his goal was disallowed by VAR and the "fans" went wild!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on June 14, 2020, 12:30:13 PM
Watching Düsseldorf v Dortmund yesterday I was really amazed at how much they've come on with the fake crowd. It was blasting out of the tannoy and responding to what was happening on the pitch. So when the home side got a corner the noise went up and when an away player committed a foul there was whistling. Highlight was when Dortmund's Guerrera scored. He ran with his hand cupped to his ear, as if laughing at the "fans". Then his goal was disallowed by VAR and the "fans" went wild!

Currently watching the Barcelona vs. Mallorca match.

1. La Liga plays some pretty damn football.   Fulham should strive to play ball like that (glad Anguissa's getting serious gameplay experience)
2. Commentators for the game (speaking english...BeIn Sports) were perfect.
3. You're right...La Liga apparently has perfected broadcasting without live people in the stands. 

Only 22 minutes in and I'm not missing seeing the fans.

By contrast, I've seen a Bundesliga match where they didnt pipe in any fan audio...match was boring as heck.   Kinda like watching our PL2 matches where we hear the coaches yelling at the players.

fulhamtom

I've watched 4 Hertha Berlin games. You need the noise.  Fell asleep for a while in the first two even though Heryha won and I think the main issue  lack of noise.  For me definately have piped crowd noise.

The Cravenette

Quote from: filham on June 13, 2020, 10:37:53 AM
I assume FFCtv will not have fake crowd noise, it will not be needed ,Gentleman Jim will provide the atmosphere for us.

The Club have already said there won't be any crowd noise overlay on the FFCTV broadcasts.  Not sure if Sky are doing it just for Premiership or Championship too.

Woolly Mammoth

We never had much crowd noise at the Cottage before this corvid19, so it should be just normal service being resumed and nobody will be able to tell the difference anyway whether there is a crowd there or not.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Wolf

I've watched a lot of Bundesliga. I'd much rather there was no fake crowd noise.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

fulhamben

Well having watched both games tonight, I've tried it both ways and I much prefer the background noise. It's more subtle than I thought it would be, but miles better than without it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

I turned the volume down and listened to a Youtuber's watch along.   Perfect.

The Cravenette

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2020, 09:44:44 PM
Well having watched both games tonight, I've tried it both ways and I much prefer the background noise. It's more subtle than I thought it would be, but miles better than without it

Agree.

I tried both and definitely more "natural" with the fake noise- if that isn't an oxymoron!

RaySmith

The fake noise was  well done.
i
I've watched  Fulham  u23 games on FFCTV with no crowd nose,  without even a commentary, and i think i prefer the  noise to the   shouts of the players and coaching staff echoing around the ground.

Fulham 442

Quote from: fulhamben on June 17, 2020, 09:44:44 PM

We did the same and like you much preferred it with the background noise as it just seems more normal!

Andy S

I've tried both and it is watchable both ways. The one with sound a little strange as there are no oohs and arrh's at the exciting bits. The quiet one's the commentators get on your nerves. It is like watching Sunday football up the park. The government are saying people should watch it on their own and not with friends and families and a few Beers ......dream on