watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Observations from last nights footy

Started by FulhamStu, June 18, 2020, 08:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

What good players Target and Norwood are, both improved from days with us and looked excellent.
Grealish is an excellent player but falls over looking for free kicks constantly and refs fall for it.
I could see that the ball was over the line as soon as it happened, why did not VAR take a look.
Having seen that I think Villa will go down, they are toothless up front, bet they would like Mitro.
Man City could have had 8 goals and Arsenal are a long way off competing for top place.
Watched one game with crowd noise and the other without, didn't mind either to be honest, it is what it is and I quite enjoyed it without crowd noise strangely.
Sky band wagoning in Black lives matter got on my tits but heyho it's the right thing to do I am just rather fed up with it all.  Going down on one knee ?   Why do we have to follow the USA all the time, they are hardly a good example, do something original but like I said, BLM of course is right but so do all lives and loads of other stuff is wrong in the world.
Splitting, cheating, diving, rolling about in agony with nothing wrong with you all on display but I thought the refs were harassed less.
Good to have it back.

WhiteJC

Colton F.C.

Last night's performance by 'Side Show Bob' made Tim Ream's exploits against Citeh look almost good.

Apparently looking for a club. Avoid.

Woolly Mammoth

Same old diving and cheating and rolling around and pretending to be injured they Just have no shame, so nothing has changed, I was so bored I turned over the channel and watched a chess tournament.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Good to read reports above on Targett and Norwood, both players that have slipped through our fingers. It is possible to assemble a premier league team that will survive but the first priority is to ensure that you hold on to your best players.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on June 18, 2020, 06:00:25 PM
Good to read reports above on Targett and Norwood, both players that have slipped through our fingers. It is possible to assemble a premier league team that will survive but the first priority is to ensure that you hold on to your best players.
Yes these two had ability.
But unlike our/TK's two expensive midfield Premiership mistakes the two above had guts, a good attitude and the will to succeed.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 19, 2020, 12:01:56 AM
Quote from: filham on June 18, 2020, 06:00:25 PM
Yes these two had ability.
But unlike our/TK's two expensive midfield Premiership mistakes the two above had guts, a good attitude and the will to succeed.

You are spot on Jim's Dentist.

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

I thought the footy was rather pedestrian, if not boring and uninteresting.  Those two matches (Villa, ManCity) were snoozeville, IMHO.  Yes, it is a totally different experience watching matches without a crowd, and that may have influenced my take.  Maybe the teams are still in pre-season form, not near the top of their games and what they are capable of.  My two cents.....

FFC1987

I must admit, the Norwood signing/not signing has me conflicted. If we had signed him, i'm not convinced he would of played regularly, with how we play and the players we had, so I think he suits Sheffield, in a much more gritty role albeit still given freedom to spread the ball around. It was probably best for his career that he didn't sign for us but I still don't think he would of added too much, in the tragedy that was that years team. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. 

Colton F.C.

Let's hope there is some gritty available tomorrow.

Beamer

I loved the comment that Arsenal had been given a social distancing award as they didn't get within 2 metres of City players for the whole game.

Dr Know

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 18, 2020, 04:59:27 PM
Same old diving and cheating and rolling around and pretending to be injured they Just have no shame, so nothing has changed, I was so bored I turned over the channel and watched a chess tournament.
Was that a pawn channel ?  Lol

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Dr Know on June 20, 2020, 08:52:48 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 18, 2020, 04:59:27 PM
Was that a pawn channel ?  Lol

064.gif 064.gif

Never forget your Roots.