watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dame Vera Lynn has passed away

Started by sunburywhite, June 18, 2020, 09:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

colcliff

f321ffc

RIP Dame Vera

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Those of us that lived through WW2 will always remember Vera Lynn, a lady that meant so much to so many.

Robbie

RIP
Throws into relief the actions of the angry extreme mob of the past few weeks!

epsomraver

My Dad was in Burma and she came out to sing for the troops, she was loved by the forgotten army :012:

hovewhite

Sad news indeed and just after VE day celebrations and in fact I DJd a ve day garden party and played a fair bit of music by vera and other war time stuff alongside the normal retro music I play.
R.I.P Dame vera lynn

WhiteJC

RIP she was also "one of the few"

Andy S

A great Woman and one who will be missed. Her music summed up the time and she gave so much hope and pleasure to people in bad times. Sadly Vera RIP

Mince n Tatties

alfie

My mother-in-law lived next door to her down in Ditchlin, well when I say next door there was some distance between abodes. Saw her once she gave me a lovely friendly smile.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Never a word spoken negatively about Dame Vera Lynn. A genuinely lovely lady. She went out to Burma to entertain the troops as very few others were.

RIP

Dodgin

RIP Dame Vera, my dear Mum would sing her song 'Coming Home My Darling' a song for servicemen returning. She is a Legend.

peter w

"We'll meet again..."

somehow, I don't think we will...

i know I know...just a joke...