more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team v Brentford

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 18, 2020, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

YOUR TEAM V BRENTFORD

Fulham fans, what is your preferred 11 v Brentford this coming Saturday?

Let us know yours below

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULBRE #FULFORCE #FOF

049:gif

filham

Hard to think of a team when we have not seen any players in action for 3 months.
OK lets agree with the above but now half the outfield players could be changed at half time so I need to add five subs so as to give options in five positions which may not change the strength of the team.

Christie for Odoi, McDonald for Reed, Johanson for Reid , Kamara for Knock., and Mawson for Ream.

Statto

Cavaleiro - Mitrovic - AK47
Reid
McDonald - Cairney
Bryan - Ream - Hector - Odoi
Rodak

fulhamben

same as the original but swap kamara for knockeart
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jimsbeerbelly

For once we've got great squad depth now everyone is back fit.

Mawson / Le' Marchand cover for Ream / Hector ( Odoi can also move across )

Christie / Sessegnon / Fossey cover for Odoi

KMac / StefJo / Arter cover for Reid / Cairney

AKA cover for Knockhaert / Mitro

Reid can move over and replace Cavalerio

The Cravenette

Onomah will definitely be involved, probably even starting as Parker does like him. I actually think he was doing a good job before his injury and could do a good job against Brentford.

The Rational Fan

Given Kongolo and Mawson are out, plus MLM and Bryan are coming back from injury. The starting lineup could be
Christie, Hector, Ream and Odoi, making the defensive bench S.Sess, Reed, KMac, Fossey and Dramah, so we really need at least one of those recovering Mawson, MLM and Bryan to stay fit.

The Cravenette

Mawson and Bryan been training with the others so will be available.

Bryan is the concern I would say as LB has no real cover.  If only one of our many promising RB's were LB's.

filham

Quote from: The Cravenette on June 19, 2020, 09:54:06 AM
Mawson and Bryan been training with the others so will be available.

Bryan is the concern I would say as LB has no real cover.  If only one of our many promising RB's were LB's.
In a couple of other threads we learn that Mawson is not available and it seems that Kongolo is not with us so that means we are going to have to get thro the rest of the season with only Hector, Ream and Odoi available for the two centre back positions. This situation is precarious and could prove to be our achilles heel.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Cravenette on June 18, 2020, 10:45:14 PM
Onomah will definitely be involved, probably even starting as Parker does like him. I actually think he was doing a good job before his injury and could do a good job against Brentford.
what job do you think he was actually doing, and what position would you play him in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Arthur

Quote from: The Cravenette on June 18, 2020, 10:45:14 PM
Onomah will definitely be involved, probably even starting...

I think you'll be right.

FPT

If I had to choose:

Marek Rodak
Denis Odoi, Michael Hector, Tim Ream, Joe Bryan
Bobby Decordova-Reid, Harrison Reed, Tom Cairney
Aboubakar Kamara, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ivan Cavaleiro

In terms of combinations, if Anthony Knockaert starts, I'd want Cyrus Christie at right back, he's our most effective attacking right back, him on the overlap should give Knockaert more room to come inside. If Kamara is in, I like Odoi as a safer defensive option who is a little more measured and won't take much of Kamara's running room. The transition will be important in this game, going from out of possession to attack could well be where this game is won and lost and Kamara opens up the pitch a little more.

I do want to see Bobby getting beyond Mitro more and getting in and around the box, plus as more aggressive instigator of the press (this team is better with the ball than without it - so lets get it back as soon as possible). I'm a big fan of his and I'm sure there's a way we make the most of his energy, skill and previous ability to score (19 Championship goals in 17/18, plus 7 assists) without making major changes.

Over the break I've thought more and more about dropping Josh Onomah into the deepest midfield role. I think his physical presence will provide something different for us but his industry is higher than most would expect (2nd most tackles for us this season and averages more interceptions per game than Harry Arter). He's not a particularly creative player when he plays as one of the two ahead and perhaps being deeper in the pitch, he'll get more time on the ball to play the small triangles that helps possession football progress and act as the outlet. It's just a theory at this point but I do think he has the skill set to play that role for this team, more so with Hector's communication at the back aiding his positioning. Then TC can float around as the maestro of the midfield with Bobby buzzing about as usual. I'd be interested to it in practice but doubt it'll come.

@jolslover

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 18, 2020, 08:03:25 PM
YOUR TEAM V BRENTFORD

Fulham fans, what is your preferred 11 v Brentford this coming Saturday?

Let us know yours below

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULBRE #FULFORCE #FOF

049:gif

Agree with this, spot on imo
STH H3

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FPT on June 19, 2020, 05:56:13 PM
If I had to choose:

Marek Rodak
Denis Odoi, Michael Hector, Tim Ream, Joe Bryan
Bobby Decordova-Reid, Harrison Reed, Tom Cairney
Aboubakar Kamara, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ivan Cavaleiro

In terms of combinations, if Anthony Knockaert starts, I'd want Cyrus Christie at right back, he's our most effective attacking right back, him on the overlap should give Knockaert more room to come inside. If Kamara is in, I like Odoi as a safer defensive option who is a little more measured and won't take much of Kamara's running room. The transition will be important in this game, going from out of possession to attack could well be where this game is won and lost and Kamara opens up the pitch a little more.

I do want to see Bobby getting beyond Mitro more and getting in and around the box, plus as more aggressive instigator of the press (this team is better with the ball than without it - so lets get it back as soon as possible). I'm a big fan of his and I'm sure there's a way we make the most of his energy, skill and previous ability to score (19 Championship goals in 17/18, plus 7 assists) without making major changes.

Over the break I've thought more and more about dropping Josh Onomah into the deepest midfield role. I think his physical presence will provide something different for us but his industry is higher than most would expect (2nd most tackles for us this season and averages more interceptions per game than Harry Arter). He's not a particularly creative player when he plays as one of the two ahead and perhaps being deeper in the pitch, he'll get more time on the ball to play the small triangles that helps possession football progress and act as the outlet. It's just a theory at this point but I do think he has the skill set to play that role for this team, more so with Hector's communication at the back aiding his positioning. Then TC can float around as the maestro of the midfield with Bobby buzzing about as usual. I'd be interested to it in practice but doubt it'll come.

Top Analysis, I learnt a few things. I think you're right about Onamah, but it will take him time to adjust so maybe I'd stick to someone with more experience at DM.