watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt O'Riley Leaving.

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 20, 2020, 08:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Has turned down a three year contract,the 19 yo saying he wants more game time.
Championship clubs and Belgium sides interested.
Shame but its hard to please all at the club.

fulhamben

If he takes a backwards step to get more game time, then he will have my upmost respect. It's a short career and isn't always about money, so good luck to him. That said though, if he's doing a hyndman, then he will feel my wrath 😂
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Beamer

If that's the case surely we would have said OK sign a new contract and we will send you out on loan somewhere you will get game time. I would assume we would pay him at least as well as lower league sides. Which means 1 of 3 things to me, he doesn't feel he has a future here, the club were not that bothered if he went or he has already something lined up.

bog

Will be very sorry to see him leave. You can't blame him. Good luck to you Matt.  :54:

092.gif

filham

When, oh when will we see another one of our own as a first team regular.

General

Out of interest aside from the formidably poor footballleagueworld website that churns out a poor article every moment with little context or original content or even quoting someone legitimate where else has this been published? Has matt said anything? The club?, a more reputable sports site (aside from in their rumour room (which could just be published based on hearsay from other poor news sites)...?

It's just severely shoddy journalism - not even journalism actually really on footballleagueworld site.. there's hardly any, if any original and intellectual content or standards associated with that site. It's just click bait in my opinion, writing up articles based on what other news sources are writing about and taking that content and quotes answer sources as using it as their own, or at times just finger in the air articles.

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Very disappointed to see him go, we don't seem to give our own youngsters enough opportunity to show their potential.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I don't know Matt O'Reilly and I know no one at the Club and yet I having been hearing the strong rumour that he would be leaving for the past ŷear. To me it was inevitable due to the lack of playing opportunitiesAnd as inevitable as
Harvey Elliott which I heard a long time before he actually left.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

PS. Scotty said that all but one player had agreed to stay on for the extended season.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a shame as Matt O'Riley has genuine potential and is well suited to our game, due to him being tall and mobile with strong upper body strength.
Whichever club picks him up have got a result at Fulhams expense in my honest opinion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Can´t understand why he won´t sign a new contract & go on loan for game time. If he was really good enough he would have been given some gametime A new contract would enable us to get some money for him if he still wants to leave. The Club have invested a lot of time & money in him. He should honour this investment by doing the decent thing.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on June 20, 2020, 10:22:13 AM
PS. Scotty said that all but one player had agreed to stay on for the extended season.

No he didn't. He said all bar one youngster, who we now know is O'Reilly.

sunburywhite

Wasnt he the one with the agent that the club couldnt get on with. Didnt thery tell the player to drop the agent?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

@jolslover

Sad to see O'Riley is leaving. I rated him and think he has a lot of potential
STH H3

Southcoastffc

Quote from: @jolslover on June 20, 2020, 11:27:28 AM
:plus one:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 20, 2020, 11:30:48 AM
:plus one:

Me too - think he should have gotten more opportunities to play this year.

JimOG

+1

alfie

We don't see these players every day, the odd snippet here and there, if the coaches dont feel he is ready to displace current first team players, then the the way it is, me thinks it's probably his agent, let's hope he makes the right decision and does not ruin his career.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Buffalo76