watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hate to say it but Brentford were much better that us today

Started by The Swan, June 20, 2020, 06:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Little between the  two sides, and looked to be heading for a  draw, though i thought we might sneak the win, and had had the better chances, with two minutes to  go, when they scored, then another in extra time as we committed to all out attack to save the game, and left the back door wide open - though  the break was well executed.

Onto Leeds - we can get something from this, still all to play for.
COYW 049:gif

colinwhite

We play the same system and football as them (if anything they laboured more out from the back than us,and we showed more attacking flair and created bfar better chances than them),but we are so boring and they are a really good side. They got lucky in the 88 minute whilst we were unlucky on several occaasions in front of their goal,and they are a class side and we are vastly underperfroming. They have a cheap ,squad with no budget ,whilst we have the best  squad in the championship...... getting really fed up with reading this sort of CRAP !

hovewhite

They will beat us if they make the play offs for sure a better all round side.

colinwhite

A decent side but we let them off the hook. Fancy us strongly against them in the play -offs,particularly if we can score the first goal. They are quicker on the counter than us and thats about it for me.

Whitesideup

I thought it was a pretty even game. We failed to take a couple of good chances - they took theirs. Second goal only came about because we were chasing the game. Thought second half we looked the more likely to go ahead. However, I agree with those that say we are too predictable. Our shape with two very wide men still tends to leave Mitro isolated, though I thought Knockaert at times was trying to get into the action more centrally. Does this make us easy to defend against? Maybe, especially when sides are well-organized and keep the wingers under control, which Brentford did pretty well to be fair.

Just a shame, as i felt this was potentially a season-defining game. Win against a very good footballing team and we could have been in the mix for automatic promotion. Lose, and now it's almost certainly the play-offs. Couple more defeats and we may well find ourselves looking over our shoulders.

filham

Well we had a game plan and I think the players did as instructed but the plan didn't include fast breaks and getting behind their defence or frequently getting the ball into the box.
With luck we may have forced a draw but never seemed to bother them and you have to admit they deserved their win.

Further performances like that can only lead to another season in the Championship.