more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joe Bryan

Started by ByTheRiver, June 21, 2020, 02:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Is not a LB.

It's not his fault, he tries, but he just isn't a LB. He has touched on it himself in interviews.

Play Odoi at LB (he joined as a LB) and Christie/Sess at RB until close season. If you're going to play Bryan then it has to be at LW (as we don't have a LM in our formation).

Yes,I've been boozing since the game but I still feel,I'm correct. He's just not a LB.

deadcowboys

Agreed, play him instead of Cav on the left & move Cav to the right side. I believe Knock was on the team sheet but did anyone see him?

Slaphead in Qatar

Joe is good going forward but can't defend for toffee.

Finnans Right Peg

I agree with playing bryan further forward but didn't think Odoi was much better today he couldn't even take a throw in

howitis

Totally agree - liability in defence and has also given away many unnecessary pens and free kicks in dangerous positions since his arrival.
Still believe that defenders needs to be just that before you consider their attacking merits.

bobby01

Quote from: deadcowboys on June 21, 2020, 07:32:26 AM
Agreed, play him instead of Cav on the left & move Cav to the right side. I believe Knock was on the team sheet but did anyone see him?

Bit harsh I think, I thought Knockaert worked really hard until he tired
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on June 21, 2020, 08:20:40 AM
I agree with playing bryan further forward but didn't think Odoi was much better today he couldn't even take a throw in

Yeah, agreed, Odoi didn't cover himself in glory yesterday, but not sure who else we could play there until the end of the season? Definitely not MLM, he turns slower than me!

Dodger53

Quote from: bobby01 on June 21, 2020, 09:29:41 AM
Quote from: deadcowboys on June 21, 2020, 07:32:26 AM

Bit harsh I think, I thought Knockaert worked really hard until he tired
He disappeared for so long in the second half I thought I had missed him being subed

rebel

Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 21, 2020, 02:04:09 AM
Is not a LB.

It's not his fault, he tries, but he just isn't a LB. He has touched on it himself in interviews.

Play Odoi at LB (he joined as a LB) and Christie/Sess at RB until close season. If you're going to play Bryan then it has to be at LW (as we don't have a LM in our formation).

Yes,I've been boozing since the game but I still feel,I'm correct. He's just not a LB.

You would think Parker would play players where their strengths lay.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: rebel on June 21, 2020, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on June 21, 2020, 02:04:09 AM
Is not a LB.

You would think Parker would play players where their strengths lay.

LM = StefJo

@jolslover

Knockaert made much more of an impact than Kebano imo

Bryans best position would probably be as a wing back in a 5 atb system and that is how Bristol got the best out of him. We don't play 5 at the back and he's never really played as a winger in a 433. In a 4 ATB team he is a LB which is a shame as he isn't the best defensively
STH H3

MikeTheCubed

I think playing him as a wing back in a 3-5-2 would solve several of the team's problems. Having 2 inverted wingers just isn't cutting it.

St Eve

Yesterday just confirmed for me that Kebano is an impact sub at best, Knockaert runs around but is not good enough, Arter is not good enough, Deco Reed shows flashes but needs to understand the game is 90 minutes not 20 And Mitro needs help. ask was sorely missed.

rebel

Quote from: St Eve on June 21, 2020, 01:58:45 PM
Yesterday just confirmed for me that Kebano is an impact sub at best, Knockaert runs around but is not good enough, Arter is not good enough, Deco Reed shows flashes but needs to understand the game is 90 minutes not 20 And Mitro needs help. ask was sorely missed.

I must of missed the game time Kebano has been given, compared to other players. I thought he did well.

We Are Premier League

Mitro-Cav
Bryan-Cairney-Reid-Johansen
Reed
Ream-Mawson-Odoi

H4usuallysitting

I don't think Bryan was getting much cover from Kebano

Deeping_white

It doesn't help he gets no cover from whoever plays in front of him and he's also got Ream as the centre half inside of him. Odoi has Knockaert in front of him who does a decent job, and when he gets caught out plenty of times but he's got Hector on his inside who reads the game so well it covers off most issues, and I think that's the key difference. Yes he's not the best LB in the league but we don't exactly help ourself out as a collective at times

Jims Dentist

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on June 21, 2020, 01:35:28 PM
I think playing him as a wing back in a 3-5-2 would solve several of the team's problems. Having 2 inverted wingers just isn't cutting it.
Quote from: St Eve on June 21, 2020, 01:58:45 PM
✔✔