more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sessegnon, let's see what he's made of

Started by Riversider, June 23, 2020, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2020, 10:29:44 AM
Agree with the OP that low pressure games with no crowd represent a perfect opportunity to give Sessegnon a run at displacing Odoi, but I wouldn't change anything until after the Leeds game, at least.

No, we're not likely to make the automatics but it's far from impossible. We also need to cement our place in the play-offs, which isn't guaranteed either. So we should continue picking the best, safest option for the time being, which is Odoi IMO.

If/when Sessegnon does come in I'd also consider playing Odoi and LB and Bryan LW. I'd eventually like to see the following in the play-offs:

Rodak

Sessegnon - Hector - Ream - Odoi

Reed - Cairney
Reid

Cavaliero/AK47 - Mitrovic - Bryan

I like the lineup to play against QPR, but would change it to 4-1-4-1 with Mawson. The 4-3-3 with inverted wingers makes sense if the two wingers are scoring with their natural foots, this is not happening. The alternative is to get the attacking central midfielders further forward and wingers crossing plus supporting midfield more.

Not to be played against Bielsa as they are his favourite two formations

Rodak
Sess  Hector Mawson Odoi
              Reed
Cav   Reid     Cairney Bryan
              Mitro
OR         

Rodak
S.Sess  Mawson Hector
Christie Reed   Bryan
           Cairney           
Kamara  Mitro   Reid

Hector played LCB in back three at Wednesday sometimes

Barrett487

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 25, 2020, 05:25:03 AM
Quote from: Beamer on June 24, 2020, 03:05:11 PM
Being brutally honest I thought he looked a bit out of his depth earlier in the season and I assume SP saw it too as he lost his place. What will have changed in 3 months of inactivity - he wasn't quite ready then and I doubt he would be now (not to say he won't be in the future). If he has been showing good progression in training I assume SP will use him otherwise his time may come next season.

Steven Sessegnon's last seven starts in the Championship have been one win, four draws, and two losses; he needs to gain experience coming off the bench. He is probably the first name on the team sheet for pre-season, and if on deadline day we get an RB then he should probably be sent on loan somewhere.

All down to him? I can't vouch for the statistics being wrong, however if you're using them then you could be a future DOF

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 26, 2020, 12:32:25 AM
Being brutally honest I thought he looked a bit out of his depth earlier in the season and I assume SP saw it too as he lost his place. What will have changed in 3 months of inactivity - he wasn't quite ready then and I doubt he would be now (not to say he won't be in the future). If he has been showing good progression in training I assume SP will use him otherwise his time may come next season.

Steven Sessegnon's last seven starts in the Championship have been one win, four draws, and two losses; he needs to gain experience coming off the bench. He is probably the first name on the team sheet for pre-season, and if on deadline day we get an RB then he should probably be sent on loan somewhere.

All down to him? I can't vouch for the statistics being wrong, however if you're using them then you could be a future DOF

I make his last seven starts
Barnsley (H) loss
Charlton (H) draw
Wigan (H) win
Sheffield (A) draw
WBA (H) draw
Cardiff (A) draw
Forest (H) loss

I guess Man City is in there too.

I think part of the problem is also the team hasn't got use to playing with him as much as Odoi and Christie. Sess will improve to be better than both players soon.

Barrett487

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 26, 2020, 12:42:39 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on June 26, 2020, 12:32:25 AM

Barnsley (H) loss
Charlton (H) draw
Wigan (H) win
Sheffield (A) draw
WBA (H) draw
Cardiff (A) draw
Forest (H) loss

I think part of the problem is also the team hasn't got use to playing with him as much as Odoi and Christie. Sess will improve to be better than both players soon.
And your point is? Where in your list does it say that Steven  is responsible for those W/L/D stats?

Jims Dentist

Was very impressed with Lampty of BHA in the last game.
Signed from CFC in January.
Looked much like a Young Paul Parker.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 26, 2020, 01:22:12 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 26, 2020, 12:42:39 AM

Barnsley (H) loss, Charlton (H) draw, Wigan (H) win, Sheffield (A) draw, WBA (H) draw, Cardiff (A) draw, Forest (H) loss

And your point is? Where in your list does it say that Steven is responsible for those W/L/D stats?

My point is we shouldn't play Steven Sessegnon at RB this season whose last seven games are 1 win, 4 draws, and 2 losses (win rate of 14%); when we have Denis Odoi whose last 19 games at RB are 11 wins, 4 draws, and 4 losses (win rate of 58%). I don't blame Steven Sessegnon for the losses against Nottingham Forest and Barnsley, but equally I don't think we will do better with Sessegnon in the starting XI and that's what matters.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on June 23, 2020, 09:49:27 PM
I think you're all either missing the point or failing to understand the position were in, were not going up automatically,  were just not, anybody that thinks otherwise is deluded, so that gives us 8 games to prepare for both the play offs and the future, so let's give Sessegnon these next 8 games, the pressure is off , the stadiums are empty, it's the perfect time to blood him,
We know what Christie and Odoi have got to offer and they can step back in for the play offs if necessary,  it's a win win situation for me with absolutely nothing to lose.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Stand by what I said above, enough is enough now, it's time to freshen things up against QPR, were already without Mitrovic and Kebano, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Ream, Bryan and Cairney left out either, but one thing is certain and that's the fact that a different approach is needed, if Parker is unable to deliver change then somebody else had better come in and deliver the change we all require.