News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: who do you want to drop down into the Championship?

Started by SP, June 23, 2020, 08:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Sheffield Utd's season seems to be going down the toilet.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

As much as it would be nice for villa and west ham to come down, the chances are that they would finish above us next season, so I want the three teams to be ones who are least likely to be challenging for promotion. Norwich Bournemouth and Watford would be my preference
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitestone

Quote from: fulhamben on June 24, 2020, 07:07:47 PM
As much as it would be nice for villa and west ham to come down, the chances are that they would finish above us next season, so I want the three teams to be ones who are least likely to be challenging for promotion. Norwich Bournemouth and Watford would be my preference

That's exactly why I'd like Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford to stay up.  Potential 18 points for us ! Clearly not gonna happen (all 3 staying up that is)  but come on let's be positive about this season which is far from over.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitestone on June 24, 2020, 07:17:13 PM

That's exactly why I'd like Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford to stay up.  Potential 18 points for us ! Clearly not gonna happen (all 3 staying up that is)  but come on let's be positive about this season which is far from over.
What have you seen to suggest we could beat any of the current play off teams to win promotion. If we can avoid Brentford and they get knocked out in the semis then maybe we have a chance, not much of a chance, but a chance. Odds are that we don't get promoted and will be a weaker team next year, so yes I want the three teams less likely to go up who come down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitestone

Quote from: fulhamben on June 24, 2020, 07:56:45 PM

What have you seen to suggest we could beat any of the current play off teams to win promotion. If we can avoid Brentford and they get knocked out in the semis then maybe we have a chance, not much of a chance, but a chance. Odds are that we don't get promoted and will be a weaker team next year, so yes I want the three teams less likely to go up who come down

I think the simple fact that we're third in the league says we're doing something right. It might not be perfect or to everyone's liking and we're not at our swash buckling best of two seasons ago so I'm not super confident about our chances like I was  back then but I'm 100% certain the management and players are more positive than some fans going into these last crucial games. To answer your question I've seen more than enough to know we can beat anyone in the division and as a reminder we have already beaten Leeds who I believe are top. We really shouldn't be worried about the rest of the pack, particularly Brentford who quite frankly are as inconsistent as we are so I'm really not sure why some have them as world beaters ?? Bit of a cliche but let's  just focus on the next match and see where it takes us. COYW.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Whitestone on June 24, 2020, 11:37:03 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 24, 2020, 07:56:45 PM

I think the simple fact that we're third in the league says we're doing something right. It might not be perfect or to everyone's liking and we're not at our swash buckling best of two seasons ago so I'm not super confident about our chances like I was  back then but I'm 100% certain the management and players are more positive than some fans going into these last crucial games. To answer your question I've seen more than enough to know we can beat anyone in the division and as a reminder we have already beaten Leeds who I believe are top. We really shouldn't be worried about the rest of the pack, particularly Brentford who quite frankly are as inconsistent as we are so I'm really not sure why some have them as world beaters ?? Bit of a cliche but let's  just focus on the next match and see where it takes us. COYW.

:plus one:

Berserker

Villa and West Ham

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

3rdgenfan

West Ham and Villa

They wouldn't have to worry too much about social distancing in their grounds as they will have considerably less fans watching

Jims Dentist

Good point Ben.✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: rebel on June 24, 2020, 06:21:21 AM
West Ham.
✔✔
Spend tens of millions on transfers, wages and sacked managers compo, yet let the tax payer fund their stadium.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on June 26, 2020, 01:47:44 AM
Good point Ben.✔✔

I agree Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford are poorly prepared for a relegation battle and cannot bankroll a total rebuild.

Jims Dentist

Morally, this could be seen as worse than what Man City are "possibly" being punished for.

Asotosyios

I think Aston Villa are coming down and the other team will be either Bournemouth or Watford, especially if Watford don't get any points against West Ham on Friday.

I'm not that worried about Villa and Norwich (if we are still in the Championship next year), but think Bournemouth or Watford will be the favourites to go straight up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Asotosyios on July 16, 2020, 01:00:07 AM
I think Aston Villa are coming down and the other team will be either Bournemouth or Watford, especially if Watford don't get any points against West Ham on Friday.

I'm not that worried about Villa and Norwich (if we are still in the Championship next year), but think Bournemouth or Watford will be the favourites to go straight up.

Watford's profit and loss sheet is much stronger than Bournemouth's. Watford could afford to not only keep their squad and even add to it significantly, spending more than we did in the premier league.  Watford has a £9m profit in 2018/19, so they can make £92m of losses in the following two seasons which is less than the revenue loss may be £70m.

Bournemouth are very dependent on TV money, owner investment and existing players delivering value to the club (whether playing for the team or being sold to build the transfer kitty), so we are fairly similar to Fulham, so the difference between us will probably come down to who has the better coach in the championship.

Eddie Howe is a decent coach and a better coach in many ways, but Parker may have more recent knowledge about how to play his players in the championship and the best way to play other current championship teams.

f321ffc

If Villa lose tonight at Everton and w ham and Watford play out an agreed draw tomorrow it would leave Bournemouth and Villa both needing to win last two games.
So Villa Bournemouth and Norwich to come down 2 good away days there as I don't think we will win the playoffs, come on Fulham prove me wrong.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JimOG

Quote from: OhConnah on June 24, 2020, 04:09:17 PM
TBH I only want Aston Villa down, otherwise I don't care. I feel for Bournemouth, I hope the Cherries stay up. They remind me a bit of us. A good, honest club will passionate fans. I fear they're simply not good enough though this year, poor buggers.

Yep I've a lot of time for Bournemouth & Eddie Howe....but if they got relegated would you as TK have a quiet word with Howe?

bog

filham

WEll Nrwich are down so lets just choose two more.
Yes, Villa and West Ham would provide us with a couple of winnable big matches.

colcliff

Norwich, villa and West Ham  is what I would like
But I feel the three to go down (which would prob please the prem)
Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich