more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo - Where is he?

Started by os5889 mkII, June 23, 2020, 11:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889 mkII

?s=12

Appears fit and also closer to Huddersfield than Fulham...

Per Juninho Bacuna's snapchat.
@OsmithFFC

Whitestone

Good question. Is he still on loan at Fulham or did he return to Huddersfield ?. Likewise what is the position with Kamara and Mawson who were both missing at the weekend. The club could definitely do better when it comes to keeping the fans updated on these matters.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: os5889 mkII on June 23, 2020, 11:16:59 PM
?s=12

Appears fit and also closer to Huddersfield than Fulham...

Per Juninho Bacuna's snapchat.

Weren't all loans extended?   Did they end Kongolo's loan when he was injured?   He's still on Fulham's website.

H4usuallysitting

Don't loans end on 30th June.... I'm probably wrong

@jolslover

Shame we never properly saw him play for Fulham. Had potential to do well for us
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Whitestone on June 23, 2020, 11:27:14 PM
Good question. Is he still on loan at Fulham or did he return to Huddersfield ?. Likewise what is the position with Kamara and Mawson who were both missing at the weekend. The club could definitely do better when it comes to keeping the fans updated on these matters.

I think these days us fans are deliberately kept in the dark as Parker doesn't want opposing teams to be aware of possible weaknesses in his line ups. Can't think of any other reason why there is so little news on injuries.

bobby01

Quote from: filham on June 24, 2020, 09:46:10 AM

I think these days us fans are deliberately kept in the dark as Parker doesn't want opposing teams to be aware of possible weaknesses in his line ups. Can't think of any other reason why there is so little news on injuries.

I think the weaknesses in his line ups are glaring obvious to everyone.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Sting of the North

How nice that we could fit some complaints about Parker in this thread as well.

On topic, I would assume that it is possible that the loan was cut short because the injury was deemed to rule Kongolo out for the season. Maybe Huddersfiled wanted to take care of treating the injury, since he is their asset.

General

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2020, 11:01:39 AM

On topic, I would assume that it is possible that the loan was cut short because the injury was deemed to rule Kongolo out for the season. Maybe Huddersfiled wanted to take care of treating the injury, since he is their asset.

That's what I'd say too. A shame as we essentially needed someone of his quality (when fit)... Maybe dependent on which league we're in next season we can get him back.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2020, 11:01:39 AM
How nice that we could fit some complaints about Parker in this thread as well.

Presumably this is why he is still shown as being on loan with us in that he has returned to Huddersfield already for the reason you state but will take no further part in this season so nothing has been amended as yet.  Very disappointing though.

Twig

Quote from: bobby01 on June 24, 2020, 10:39:56 AM
Quote from: filham on June 24, 2020, 09:46:10 AM

I think the weaknesses in his line ups are glaring obvious to everyone.

I was interested to read about Kongolo's availability. I didn't need to see yet another irrelevant criticism of our Manager.

EricB

Does not sound like he will be playing for us again this season.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/injured-huddersfield-town-man-back-18494346

Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo has been rehabilitating his broken foot at the club's PPG Canalside training ground after returning from his loan spell at Fulham.

Terriers manager Danny Cowley confirmed the player's status at his press conference looking forward to Sunday's game against Nottingham Forest.

Kongolo is not eligible to play any further games for Town having been on loan at Craven Cottage when the season was put on hiatus: only players who were on loan in divisions that have officially been ended may be recalled if given EFL dispensation.

The Dutch international went off injured just nine minutes into his league debut for Fulham back in February having only previously played for them in an FA Cup defeat to Manchester City.

Cowley said: "Terence has been back. He broke one of the metatarsals in his foot playing for Fulham, which was unfortunate because he'd just broken into their team.

"It's not quite a straightforward one, the injury he has, so it needed an operation and some metalwork put in to stabilise the joint.

"He's now just had another operation to take the metalwork out.

"The process slowed down a little bit because of the pandemic and not being able to get access to hospitals, but now he's on the mend and he's been back on the training ground and rehabbing the injury. We wish him well with that."

With the defender having been omitted from Cowley's plans following the club's disastrous 5-2 defeat to Bristol City on 30th November, it seems likely that the Terriers will continue to pursue a permanent move away for Kongolo once the transfer window opens.

fulhamben

That can't be right, how has he been out this long for just a broken foot
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Quote from: fulhamben on June 27, 2020, 12:07:30 AM
That can't be right, how has he been out this long for just a broken foot

It is literally explained in the post above yours.

FulhamStu

A broken metatarsal is not going to be a factor in the future, I would hope we try and sign him whether we go up or not.  Him and Hector would be brilliant if we are still in the championship next season and frankly worth's go in the Premiership which personally I don't think will happen.

JimOG

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 27, 2020, 08:45:29 AM
A broken metatarsal is not going to be a factor in the future, I would hope we try and sign him whether we go up or not.  Him and Hector would be brilliant if we are still in the championship next season and frankly worth's go in the Premiership which personally I don't think will happen.

Think he & Hector with Rodak behind & Reed in front is the start of a Championship winning side