News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are your biggest questions of Fulham currently?

Started by FPT, June 24, 2020, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on June 25, 2020, 09:57:40 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 25, 2020, 09:08:16 AM
Quote from: Riversider on June 24, 2020, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2020, 10:01:30 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 24, 2020, 09:22:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 24, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
I'd like to know why the players haven't called a meeting like they did with Hughes, and get the manager to change his tactics as they are failing us

Simple reason why really, we dont have a leader at the club , can anybody really see a wet weekend like Cairney confronting Parker and making demands ?
No me neither.

Surely Cairney is not our only player? Or do you mean that all are like Cairney (allegedly) are?

For once I agree though that there is likely a simple reason, namely that the players don't agree with some of the less positive posters on here.

It's not that difficult to understand,  Cairney is the captain, and as such everything would have to go through him, no player at any club is going to upstage the skipper.

So the players can't "revolt" against the head coach because they have to follow (alleged) protocol that says that everything has to go through the captain. Is only TC allowed to talk to Parker, or the Khan's? Is TC the only one that can speak to and for the team (these are rhetorical questions)? If all this were true, then one would assume that it is also against protocol to question the head coach, so this whole line of reasoning falls flat on its face anyhow. In my opinion.

And even if such an absurd situation were to be true, what's to say that TC is not aboard with it just because he isn't the one speaking? Or do you mean that it is literary impossible for anyone but the captain to speak for the team?

Lastly, why do you believe that the players have zero input on what's going on? Do you believe that no one at the club speaks to each other? If there were strong disagreements I am sure that Parker would be well aware by now.

Now all you are doing is highlighting your naivety,  the skipper rules the dressing room , acts like the unofficial Union leader, all unrest would go through him, can you see your scenario at Chelsea when John Terry was Captain, or at Liverpool when Gerrard was Captain ? No me neither !
Now you know how a dressing room works, is there anything else I can help you with ?

Well having been involved in proffessional football for a long time, I can assure you that it is not always the captain who represents the players as  spokesman.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FulhamStu

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 25, 2020, 10:07:48 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on June 25, 2020, 09:18:42 AM
My questions would be.

1. Can we afford to keep Mitro
2. Are you happy with Parker's points return and style of play, and why did you appoint an inexperienced manager when you recruited an experienced set of players.  What does
Parker need to do to be fired.
3. Is Javi taking over part of TKs responsibilities.
4. In which positions is the team most in need of improvement.
5. Are there plans to redevelop any of the rest of Craven Cottage.

Basic Guesses from what I know

1. If you look at the Fulham Accounts it's easy to see that we probably cannot keep Mitro if we need to improve every position such as RB and LCB to a top championship player. Alternatively, if probably can keep Mitro, if we don't need a major overhaul of the squad.

2. Parker will have 100% support from the Khans until he doesn't.

3. Most DOF advice the owners of the club, then the owner accepts some request and rejects other. Javi is advising the co-owner (ie TK) on everything and he'll surely follow that advice sometimes not others. The names of roles don't matter the process is the same and no matter how good is Javi the owners can mess transfers up. Whether Javi is assistant DOF or DOF, the final decision is always with the owners.

4. If we are the championship it looks clear we will get a right winger, defensive midfielder (assuming Anguissa is sold) and full back  next season, it almost certain Reed and Odoi will be two of those players. I doubt Arter, Knockaert and Kebano will be renewed, plus Fabri and Seri maybe sold and replaced. 

Other positions will be reinforced if an upgrade is required, this decision probably depends on performance of players til the end of the season (eg Mawson and Onamah could prove themselves).

Logically, the less position that require upgrades the more money that can be spent on each upgrade. If we require too many upgrades selling Mitro will be required to raise the money.

5. I am pretty sure we will keep the stadium at 30,000 until we establish ourselves as a mid table premier league side, then who knows.

Thanks for that, very rational !
Don't think we need to upgrade many positions myself.
TK/Javi answer yes, agree, but does this mean TK is stepping back a little.
Hope we sign Reid, Mawson is an expensive problem, can he get fit ?
Wonder is Sess will be given another proper go ? he certainly was until his confidence got shot.

Forever Fulham

We need a better manager.   And I question the players' overall, collective, physical fitness.  If we are lucky enough to get promoted, half of the starting XI will need to  be replaced quickly.  Very quickly.  And team training should start as early as possible.