News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are your biggest questions of Fulham currently?

Started by FPT, June 24, 2020, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Looking for a little inspiration for a piece for hammyend.com this week (I don't really enjoy game previews).

So thought I'd reach out to you guys on FoF to give me what questions you're mulling over with Fulham currently?

Statto

What does Parker have to achieve this season to keep his job?

So if, for example, we limp into the play-offs in 5th or 6th then get comfortablty beaten 3-0 on aggregate by Brentford in the semis, does he get the sack?

Jimsbeerbelly

Has Tony learn't from our very brief stay back in the Premiership, when does he expect us to get back there, what will he do different this time around?

filham

Quote from: FPT on June 24, 2020, 02:01:03 PM
Looking for a little inspiration for a piece for hammyend.com this week (I don't really enjoy game previews).

So thought I'd reach out to you guys on FoF to give me what questions you're mulling over with Fulham currently?

Something needs to be done to brighten up our attack, only seven goals in the last eight games is just not good enough for a promotion team.  O.K we are missing chances but we really are not creating enough. A change in tactics is needed and possibly Kamara needs more game time.

Wolf

What is the thinking behind Matt O'Riley leaving, whereas at the start of the year 31-year old Kevin MacDonald got his contract extended to summer 2021?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

sunburywhite

Quote from: Wolf on June 24, 2020, 03:03:33 PM
What is the thinking behind Matt O'Riley leaving, whereas at the start of the year 31-year old Kevin MacDonald got his contract extended to summer 2021?

I think they refused to deal with O'Rileys agent a long time ago

He will probably go the way of Hyndman, Frei, Chris David etc
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ChesterTheTabby

If we are promoted - what do we expect for next season?

If we fail to promote - what do we expect for next season?

Simple questions, complex answers. Two diametrically opposed possibilities.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Southcoastffc

Shahid Khan seems committed as an owner; Tony Khan doesn't seem so committed in his role, is apparently more concerned with Wrestling and the Jacksonville Jaguars - can we have real, unambiguous clarification please?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

midlandwhites

Funny how a 31 year old McDonald carried Fulham on a run of winning games, and now he is not playing we lose to a Brentford team at out and out football, If Brentford were that good they would be in the top two.
We need to bring our own game to cement our play off places (or second) by introducing back TC /Steff/KMac , these guys have done it before and will do again- all might be a bit slow but know the game - need to use these guys together or we can just run around like headless chickens.

Riversider

Quote from: midlandwhites on June 24, 2020, 04:41:33 PM
Funny how a 31 year old McDonald carried Fulham on a run of winning games, and now he is not playing we lose to a Brentford team at out and out football, If Brentford were that good they would be in the top two.
We need to bring our own game to cement our play off places (or second) by introducing back TC /Steff/KMac , these guys have done it before and will do again- all might be a bit slow but know the game - need to use these guys together or we can just run around like headless chickens.

So your way forward is to drop Harrison Reed,  well that makes perfect sense 😩

alfie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 24, 2020, 04:16:24 PM
Shahid Khan seems committed as an owner; Tony Khan doesn't seem so committed in his role, is apparently more concerned with Wrestling and the Jacksonville Jaguars - can we have real, unambiguous clarification please?

Is that correct or just an assumption, unless we shadow TK we have no clue.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

Will the beer & pie price's go up to pay for the new stand

midlandwhites

Never said about dropping Harrison Reed who was our best player, my idea would be to play 4-4-2 , more concerned about where the goals would come from .only got Mitro , Knockart under performing, not sure about Cav, Kaebano not good enough, so lets dominate the midfield ..just think too much is said about running non-stop for 90 minutes.
Old school may get us to the Premiership ..then change for proven players!

fulhamben

I'd like to know why the players haven't called a meeting like they did with Hughes, and get the manager to change his tactics as they are failing us
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

os5889 mkII

Quote from: fulhamben on June 24, 2020, 07:58:43 PM
I'd like to know why the players haven't called a meeting like they did with Hughes, and get the manager to change his tactics as they are failing us

This is actually a really good point. We are seemingly repeating the same cycle of disappointment.
@OsmithFFC

The Rock

I mean - the elephant in the room all year has been something like the following:

What is the club doing about it's shortcomings when it comes to recruitment, and do we expect the club to be able to overcome those shortcomings to get the proper players and staff into the club to not only achieve promotion, but stay up, and with prolonged sustainability?

But the Khan's can't handle the truth. You asked though, and this would be top of the list of questions for many on here I'd think.

Riversider

Simple reason why really, we dont have a leader at the club , can anybody really see a wet weekend like Cairney confronting Parker and making demands ?
No me neither.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on June 24, 2020, 09:22:12 PM

Simple reason why really, we dont have a leader at the club , can anybody really see a wet weekend like Cairney confronting Parker and making demands ?
No me neither.

Surely Cairney is not our only player? Or do you mean that all are like Cairney (allegedly) are?

For once I agree though that there is likely a simple reason, namely that the players don't agree with some of the less positive posters on here.

Riversider

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2020, 10:01:30 PM

No me neither.

Surely Cairney is not our only player? Or do you mean that all are like Cairney (allegedly) are?

For once I agree though that there is likely a simple reason, namely that the players don't agree with some of the less positive posters on here.

It's not that difficult to understand,  Cairney is the captain, and as such everything would have to go through him, no player at any club is going to upstage the skipper.

70sPimlico

Quote from: Riversider on June 24, 2020, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2020, 10:01:30 PM

No me neither.

It's not that difficult to understand,  Cairney is the captain, and as such everything would have to go through him, no player at any club is going to upstage the skipper.

What, like doing the team talks instead of him?