https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shut the beaches'

Started by Andy S, June 25, 2020, 09:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 26, 2020, 01:56:28 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on June 26, 2020, 12:39:14 PM
another MSM hype! If you see drone footage you can see that people are spaced out and there is nothing to stop family groups sitting together, who goes to a beach and deliberately sits within 6 feet of another group? full car parks? so what, they are full most nice days, if you take a photo across a beach it will appear that people are standing shoulder to shoulder, don't start me on locals saying these are OUR beaches!!!! OK for Liverpool fans to jump around and hug outside Anfield, alright for so called street parties in London but the people who go to beaches are all twats?

Hmmmm 
cant tell much from that, you need an overhead picture to see if social distancing is in place. there have been hundreds of photos going around proclaiming social distancing isnt taking place only for a picture from a different angle to disprove it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ex-Pat

Didn't see anyone on here complain about all the angry demonstrations and the virus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least the beach goers looked happy having a very good time..

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 02:21:18 PM
another MSM hype! If you see drone footage you can see that people are spaced out and there is nothing to stop family groups sitting together, who goes to a beach and deliberately sits within 6 feet of another group? full car parks? so what, they are full most nice days, if you take a photo across a beach it will appear that people are standing shoulder to shoulder, don't start me on locals saying these are OUR beaches!!!! OK for Liverpool fans to jump around and hug outside Anfield, alright for so called street parties in London but the people who go to beaches are all twats?

Hmmmm 
cant tell much from that, you need an overhead picture to see if social distancing is in place. there have been hundreds of photos going around proclaiming social distancing isnt taking place only for a picture from a different angle to disprove it
I think you must be being disingenuous.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 26, 2020, 02:39:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 02:21:18 PM

Hmmmm 
I think you must be being disingenuous.
nope being serious, that camera angle tells you absolutely nothing about spacing

fulhamben

and just seen that epsom raver had already covered it and the drone footage showed them socially distancing

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 02:44:07 PM
and just seen that epsom raver had already covered it and the drone footage showed them socially distancing

And this at Durdle Door?

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 26, 2020, 02:47:55 PM

And this at Durdle Door?

And this at Durdle Door?

i was commenting on the other photo, this is the first time ive seen this one, but yes doesnt look like social distancing has been adhered to in this one.  still no where as bad as the blm riots or the fla riots the week after, and  no one is calling for london to be shut

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 02:55:25 PM

And this at Durdle Door?

And this at Durdle Door?

i was commenting on the other photo, this is the first time ive seen this one, but yes doesnt look like social distancing has been adhered to in this one.  still no where as bad as the blm riots or the fla riots the week after, and  no one is calling for london to be shut
I don't want beaches to be shut - I think it a pretty nonsensical idea.  BUT claiming that people at beaches have been social distancing is also nonsensical (not all people at all beaches obv).  There's plenty of evidence that some people have been behaving abysmally at beaches, not only in the UK but elsewhere too.  And any comparison with BLM or FLA events is not a topic I'm going to pursue.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 26, 2020, 03:15:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 02:55:25 PM

And this at Durdle Door?

And this at Durdle Door?

I don't want beaches to be shut - I think it a pretty nonsensical idea.  BUT claiming that people at beaches have been social distancing is also nonsensical (not all people at all beaches obv).  There's plenty of evidence that some people have been behaving abysmally at beaches, not only in the UK but elsewhere too.  And any comparison with BLM or FLA events is not a topic I'm going to pursue.
might not be something you want to pursue but its very relevant is it not? you either care about social distancing or you dont. if you want to shut one thing down then surely all things that flout the rules should be closed aswell

Riversider

I've yet to see any social distancing in The Premier League every time a goal goes in !!
And certainly no social distancing in Brixton the other night or outside Anfield last night, and yet, incredibly it's still deemed too dangerous to play cricket on a village green, somebody explain that to me.

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2020, 04:21:59 PM
I've yet to see any social distancing in The Premier League every time a goal goes in !!
And certainly no social distancing in Brixton the other night or outside Anfield last night, and yet, incredibly it's still deemed too dangerous to play cricket on a village green, somebody explain that to me.
touching the ball with your hand is literally the only thing i can think of

alfie

You haven't made any reference to the 4-1/2 tons of rubbish they left behind.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

alfie

It's simple the selfish people couldn't care less.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sgt Fulham

I don't care if you want to risk it, thats your choice. However if you're there being inconsiderate, leaving your rubbish, and jamming the streets with illegal parking then you are a twit.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 04:41:28 PM

They can wear gloves then, problem solved, lets get the Cricket season underway!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on June 26, 2020, 08:32:18 PM
wouodnt want to be a batsman facing a fast bowler who's wearing gloves, wouldn't want to be a slip either as I could see bowlers doing a harmison every other ball

They can wear gloves then, problem solved, lets get the Cricket season underway!

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 10:01:58 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 26, 2020, 08:32:18 PM
wouodnt want to be a batsman facing a fast bowler who's wearing gloves, wouldn't want to be a slip either as I could see bowlers doing a harmison every other ball

Yeah, my answer was with tongue firmly in cheek!  :003:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Roberty

The cry should not be "shut the beaches" it should be "open up more for people to do"

Why are - leisure centres closed - why can't we go to foreign destinations with lower R rates than we have without 14 days quarantine - why wait until July 05 to open up a long list of leisure activities

If it is going to be safe then it would be safe now - the leisure industry is not stupid and has had more than enough time to think about how to operate safely - keeping everything closed until a grand opening date just builds up pressure

The crowning is caused because of the lack of things for people to do

The sensible thing would have been a quick announcement that all of the July 05 opening can happen on 26 June - the leisure industries are used to regulation and can react quickly
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

bobbo

The rain this morning will put pay to it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bobbo on June 27, 2020, 06:03:27 AM
The rain this morning will put pay to it.
Sunny in Scarborough.... Blue sky & a light breeze :)
Should have been 'Armed Forces Day' today with Scarborough hosting the National lead.... such a shame it's all cancelled :(
I do agree about people taking their rubbish with them... that is just selfish people acting like they always have... the same sort of people who throw rubbish out of their car windows!
Enjoy your weekend everyone and don't get sun-burnt!!  :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"