watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shut the beaches'

Started by Andy S, June 25, 2020, 09:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

If the government had any bottle they should shut the beaches again. If it's not a problem open all football grounds

bog

I was down Westbrook beach near Margate today, it was busy but all behaved sensibly...except one very overweight woman who wore a thong....one that had disappeared....  :022:

092.gif

Stoneleigh Loyalist

As someone said on the News this evening there is no Law which can prevent people going to the seaside and once there there is no Law which can prevent them going on the beach. As frustrating as it is there can only be recommendations.

KJS

Quote from: Andy S on June 25, 2020, 09:32:14 PM
If the government had any bottle they should shut the beaches again. If it's not a problem open all football grounds

Why I live on the coast and enjoy my daily swim!  Just stop Furlough and make the kids go back to school

filham

People must be crazy, surely they must be aware they are taking a big risk with their own health as well as that of other people's.

SP

They drive for hours to get to the beach then get upset that thousands of other people have done the same thing.

Lighthouse

Quote from: bog on June 25, 2020, 09:40:43 PM
I was down Westbrook beach near Margate today, it was busy but all behaved sensibly...except one very overweight woman who wore a thong....one that had disappeared....  :022:

092.gif

Well that is just thong on any level.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Beaches have never 'been shut'.   
Quote from: SP on June 25, 2020, 10:09:31 PM
They drive for hours to get to the beach then get upset that thousands of other people have done the same thing.
Exactly!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Teddymaybank

Poor communication by Boris about easing the lockdown, means the public seem to think it's all over, so they go to the beach, just wait till the second wave hits. I live in Brighton and the trains today have been packed with visitors not wearing masks...... Thought that was compulsory! PS put your rubbish in a bin or take your rubbish home

Barrett487

If you want to feel the sand between your toes.... go to Wickes !!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: South Coast White on June 25, 2020, 10:21:32 PM
Its idiots like those who chose to ignore the risks of spreading infection across the Country that will stop us from returning to watch football for quite some time. These people make me sick, just dont give a poo about anything but themselves. In some respects I really hope they ALL contract the disease and suffer.
Much like those who have packed into illeagull  raves and attacked the police for doing their allocated job.
Can't help but feel there is another agender when this has happened recently.

sunburywhite

It cant be a bad life, 80% of your wages paid, no stress about your job, no worrying about caring and trying to save peoples lives working for NHS

They dont even have to go down the job exchange and sign on. The money turns up as normal

They wont want to go back to work, thats the danger of it

Biggest thing that has gone against the government is the weather. Shame it wasnt the worst summer on record

End furlough now
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2020, 10:33:21 PM

092.gif

There were actually a few down there, I did wonder if it might have been part of The Eurovision Thong Contest. What gave the first one added flavour was that the lady's son was wearing a Loftus-Cheek shirt.... 

Montague

Quote from: KJS on June 25, 2020, 09:54:40 PM

Why I live on the coast and enjoy my daily swim!  Just stop Furlough and make the kids go back to school

if they are opening up pubs, cinemas and shops then schools need to go back.
Even if a lot of these families were on furlough it's not a school holiday so why so many kids?
Supposed to be 'home schooling'

Dragoman

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2020, 10:33:21 PM

092.gif

Thongs ain't what they used to be....

Woodlawn

To many of our society today have  the DATOM attitude to life ,(Don't apply to me) as far as laws &rules .You see it in everyday life ,eg parking on double yellow, speeding etc etc etc  Oh yes I am a MOG

epsomraver

another MSM hype! If you see drone footage you can see that people are spaced out and there is nothing to stop family groups sitting together, who goes to a beach and deliberately sits within 6 feet of another group? full car parks? so what, they are full most nice days, if you take a photo across a beach it will appear that people are standing shoulder to shoulder, don't start me on locals saying these are OUR beaches!!!! OK for Liverpool fans to jump around and hug outside Anfield, alright for so called street parties in London but the people who go to beaches are all twats?

Southdowns White

Our local beaches have never been so packed as they have been this week, traffic jams to get to the beaches and silly parking, much of it with very little consideration for locals. Might take a cycle down later for a cooling swim and wave at the townies sitting in the traffic.
If you are thinking of making a trip out, Queuing for ice creams and food is ridiculous and the toilets at many places are limited.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: epsomraver on June 26, 2020, 12:39:14 PM
another MSM hype! If you see drone footage you can see that people are spaced out and there is nothing to stop family groups sitting together, who goes to a beach and deliberately sits within 6 feet of another group? full car parks? so what, they are full most nice days, if you take a photo across a beach it will appear that people are standing shoulder to shoulder, don't start me on locals saying these are OUR beaches!!!! OK for Liverpool fans to jump around and hug outside Anfield, alright for so called street parties in London but the people who go to beaches are all twats?

Hmmmm 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Glad I have my own swimming pool and wine cellar.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.