watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Biggie tonight results wise - Brentford v West Brom

Started by rebel, June 26, 2020, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebel

Should be interesting, I think Brentford will win.

RaySmith

What  do we want the  result to be? What's best for us?

Riversider

Quote from: RaySmith on June 26, 2020, 07:56:07 AM

Brentford to win 4 nil and go up automatically,  why would any Fulham supporter want to risk facing Brentford in the play offs ?

Fernhurst

0-0 draw would probably be our favourite result
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

rebel

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 26, 2020, 09:00:07 AM

0-0 draw would probably be our favourite result

That would leave WBA 8 points ahead.
Brentford level on points with us.

If Brentford win.

That leaves WBA on 7 points ahead, but we still have to play them.
If Brentford win they will be 2 points ahead, but we will have a game still to play.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2020, 08:59:32 AM

Brentford to win 4 nil and go up automatically,  why would any Fulham supporter want to risk facing Brentford in the play offs ?

Because they believe we can beat Brentford? Seems to be the obvious answer at least...

Sting of the North

I believe we have a decent chance to catch WBA. Their form has been patchy at best second half of the season, and the few times I've seen them they have looked really unimpressive (low sample size, I know). Assuming that we beat them that's three points already.

At the same time I don't want Brentford to gain too much momentum so I would probably go for 0-0 as well. If we were to beat Leeds tomorrow that would be another two points gained on WBA.

As long as WBA don't win, I would say there is still a half decent chance even if we lose to Leeds. We don't need to catch them both.

Statto

Anyone else watching our games on a £9.99 Sky Sports 24 hour pass? Would be good to know whether it's possible to get this game tonight and our 3pm KO tomorrow with the same pass

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 26, 2020, 09:38:48 AM
I believe we have a decent chance to catch WBA. Their form has been patchy at best second half of the season, and the few times I've seen them they have looked really unimpressive (low sample size, I know). Assuming that we beat them that's three points already.

At the same time I don't want Brentford to gain too much momentum so I would probably go for 0-0 as well. If we were to beat Leeds tomorrow that would be another two points gained on WBA.

As long as WBA don't win, I would say there is still a half decent chance even if we lose to Leeds. We don't need to catch them both.

Thats the problem though isnt it? Assuming we will beat them. I dont think we will, we look particularly toothless at the moment.

filham

Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2020, 08:59:32 AM

A 0-0 draw ( both teams dropping two points) a couple of red cards, a few yellows and both teams finishing on thier knees with doubts about recovering for the mid week fixtures.

Whitestone

To have any chance of the automatics, however slim, it's got be a Brentford win. The team have 8 cup finals and with a bit of belief and good fortune nothing is impossible. It's not over until the fat lady sings and she hasn't even began to gargle yet!

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2020, 09:45:19 AM
Anyone else watching our games on a £9.99 Sky Sports 24 hour pass? Would be good to know whether it's possible to get this game tonight and our 3pm KO tomorrow with the same pass

I've got a month's  pass for £24, so i can watch all games in that period, so I've ben able to watch all Prem games, as well as Fulham, since the restart, but used to get 24 hour passes.

The answer to your question - yes, you should be able to watch both games, as long as you don't start implementing the pass until just before the game, then it should take you through to 7/7.30 PM tomorrow.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree that a win for Brentford would be better for our chances, especially as we still have to play Waet Brom and Leeds. If Brentford do win and we can beat Leeds, that would leave us 3 points behind both Leads and Albion and 2 points behind Brentford.
So it is going to be a grand stand finish to say the least. pure Theatre.
However, we cannot just rely on other results going our way, Fannying around with a draw whether it's away to Leeds or Two Bob Rovers is 2 points lost not 1 point gained.
We have to win at Leeds like Brentford won at Fulham if we are going to prove what a few on here Keep saying, that we have the best squad in the Division.
If we have we should go up automatically, if we do not then we clearly haven't, and the Booby prize is to go up via the play offs to show we have the 3rd best squad in the Division. 
At this stage draws are not good enough, fortune will favour the brave.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Ols_S on June 26, 2020, 09:48:22 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on June 26, 2020, 09:38:48 AM

Thats the problem though isnt it? Assuming we will beat them. I dont think we will, we look particularly toothless at the moment.

That is another problem yes. But if we instead assume that we cannot do any part of the business ourselves then I believe that this discussion is kind of pointless, isn't it? If we cannot beat Leeds or WBA it seems very unlikely that we will catch them. Those two games are our best chance to gain points on them, so at least one almost needs to be a win.

But, as I said, if we assume that we are crap this discussion is not needed.

SP

AnOldBrownie

West Brom need to lose.  Leeds need to lose.

Because then Fulham are 4 points behind with 7 games to play (and still ahead of Brentford). 

I'm fully expecting West Brom to win though.  :(

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 26, 2020, 10:59:09 AM
I agree that a win for Brentford would be better for our chances, especially as we still have to play Waet Brom and Leeds. If Brentford do win and we can beat Leeds, that would leave us 3 points behind both Leads and Albion and 2 points behind Brentford.
So it is going to be a grand stand finish to say the least. pure Theatre.
However, we cannot just rely on other results going our way, Fannying around with a draw whether it's away to Leeds or Two Bob Rovers is 2 points lost not 1 point gained.
We have to win at Leeds like Brentford won at Fulham if we are going to prove what a few on here Keep saying, that we have the best squad in the Division.
If we have we should go up automatically, if we do not then we clearly haven't, and the Booby prize is to go up via the play offs to show we have the 3rd best squad in the Division. 
At this stage draws are not good enough, fortune will favour the brave.

Good shout.

Fulhamfan666

3-3 please. I will be watching but don't want either to win.

fulhamben

I honestly think we need a Brentford win. We need them to go up in the top 2 as we can not beat them in the play offs. They are just too good for us. Westbrook is a team that we would have a chance against
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on June 26, 2020, 06:05:40 PM
I honestly think we need a Brentford win. We need them to go up in the top 2 as we can not beat them in the play offs. They are just too good for us. Westbrook is a team that we would have a chance against

Would it be Fulhamish to now beat them in the playoff final after all this talk?