watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next season in the championship

Started by FulhamStu, June 27, 2020, 08:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

By 5.00pm today I really hope I will have been forced to change my mind, however I really do think we will be a championship team next season, hope I am wrong.

If this is the case, I would try and keep most of our current squad together.   Following on from the Kongolo thread, I would really like us to sign him for next season to play alongside Hector.  I would release Arter and Knockaert and sign Reid.   Then I would really try and find a right back and a left back to challenge Bryan.  After that I honestly think we have enough.   Let's develop Stansfield, look to play Kamara more through the middle with D-Reid and hopefully Mitro, I think there is a decent chance he will stay but I agree that will not be easy.  If he goes we obviously need another striker.

We can bring in a few loans and that should be that.  I am pretty sure Parker will be given another season and the stability of lack of too many changes could be the way to success.

Win today and you can have a right ol go at me please.

RaySmith

We could still make the play-offs if we lose today couldn't we?

Though obviously I hope we  win, or at least get a a point.

To give up with 8 games to go when we are in the top 6, seems unnecessarily defeatist, and pessimistic.
Though everyone's entitled to their own view.

A tough game today,  definitely, but we are in with a chance. I hope the players  are going out with the attitude that  they can win it - i expect nothing less.

somersetwhite

Dont think we will make the top 6, there hasn't been many games this season where we have really played well for 90 minutes, cant see it changing and the other sides around us want it more than our players seem to do...

filham

A victory today seems unlikely but hopefully we can gain points in the next couple f games to keep us in a play off position
so lets not throw the towel in just yet.

However the most likely league for us next season is the Championship and I think Parker will soon have to start planning for a team capable of a good promotion push. The priority will be replacing Mitro because it is unlikely he will want to miss another season of premier league football. I would agree that we need continuity and that most of the current squad should be retained with a couple of improvements in critical positions.

Lets give Kamara more game time now, just possible he could become our main striker next season.

Statto

I'm not sure why you'd give up on promotion if we lose today. I agree our chances of making the top 2 will be almost completely gone but we're still likely to make the play-offs, abd quite possibly against someone like Preston or Blackburn in the semi-final, then a decider against West Brom, Forest or Brentford. That is a situatuon we should go into with as much, if not more, confidence than any of those other teams.

FulhamStu

I am not giving up on promotion and it's most definitely possible, what I am doing is saying I personally don't think it will happen although I hope I am wrong.  I guess I am just preparing myself not to be hugely let down and pissed off.  Nothing I can do about it other than hope.   My main thrust was to suggest that our squad is good, Parker is learning and I would keep changes to a minimum given I think Parker will be retained.    If it were me, I would replace Parker with a Houghton even Big Sam however I think the
Khans will want to keep Parker and if so, I hope he continues to learn and improves next season.