watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't think that we will even make the playoff

Started by The Swan, June 27, 2020, 05:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Two games played ,two defeats no goals scored five conceded. Our team looked very unfit today and last week.

I feel that we will miss out on the playoffs. Goodbye Mr Parker.
The Swan

FFC1987

Ugh, shamefully I'd rather we did whimper out at this point so Parker is absolutely gone. Yep, I know that's treason but I never liked the bloke, even as a player. If we're in the playoffs, so many teams just look better than us.

SP

H4usuallysitting

We'll make the play offs.....we need another attacking option, like Kamara.... And McDonald is needed as a general in midfield

Statto

We've played 2 of the top 3. We weren't totally outplayed in either game. Have some perspective please.

Also if fitness is an issue, that's easily and quickly remedied.

The fact is we haven't played like a top 2 team or looked convincing against the top 3-4 teams all season, but we've played like a decent top 6 team and beaten pretty much everyone else. What has changed now? Nothing.

I'd bet to a pound to a penny we make the play-offs comfortably, and if we get someone like Preston or Blackburn in the semi-final I'd fancy our chances against them.

Plodder

Seven point margin to seventh place, so we probably will. We have not been good enough in the last two matches, but we have been playing against two of the best teams in the division, and I am finding it hard to believe that we won't get the points from the last seven games we need to make the play-offs.

Slaphead in Qatar

To be honest I would fear for us in the premier league. Again we would need a major team overhaul before next season.

Sgt Fulham

I was just writing a comment to disagree, and then I took a look at our remaining fixtures. We're in trouble.

Statto

We need about 4-6 points from 7 games to make the play-offs

Whitestone

We're more than good enough to make the play-offs and I think we will. We've played two good teams and in big spells were the better team. Goals change games and in both games we had opportunities which we could've/should've scored. Squandered chances are costing us big time. Finishing is an issue and needs sorting ASAP.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Swan on June 27, 2020, 05:04:20 PM
Two games played ,two defeats no goals scored five conceded. Our team looked very unfit today and last week.

I feel that we will miss out on the playoffs. Goodbye Mr Parker.
At this moment - perhaps I'll feel more positive after a glass or two - I agree, indeed hope that we don't make the playofffs so that SP will go asap.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ordar

We have a very difficult set of fixtures to end the season. We dont look like scoring and are clearly a slow, unfit squad. In 2 games we've conceded 5 and scored none. Mitro will be banned for 3 games, and no-one else remotely looks like scoring. I would at all be surprised if we dont win another game this season

Bill2

The way we played today I am not sure I want to be in the play offs. We were so bad and a number of players were terrible. Tim Ream collapsed when under any pressure, Joe hasn't  got the pace to cover from his attacking duties, sorry but Onomah is not up for it and as for Cav words fail me.
In fact I have 2 words for them but the first would see me banned from here.

South Coast White

Quote from: Whitestone on June 27, 2020, 05:17:04 PM
We're more than good enough to make the play-offs and I think we will. We've played two good teams and in big spells were the better team. Goals change games and in both games we had opportunities which we could've/should've scored. Squandered chances are costing us big time. Finishing is an issue and needs sorting ASAP.

But we didn't, and we cant.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on June 27, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
We need about 4-6 points from 7 games to make the play-offs
duebto suspensions and injuries. Our best hope for two wins is Wigan and Wednesday in the last two games. But we will be on a proper losing streak by then with zero confidence
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bigalffc

I think we'll make the playoffs and I'll support them all the way, but I think Scotty P will be shown up tactically and we'll have a new season in the championship, possibly with a new Manager
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Luka

If we make the playoffs I have no doubt we will not progress beyond the first game.
I hope that'll be the end of Parker.
Never wanted him, dislike his brand of football and haven't been excited all season because of it.

Woolly Mammoth

It may feel like the end of the world but it is not. Wake up tomorrow and the sun will be shining and with QPR on Tuesday and Brum on Saturday, if we win those we are back on the horse.
It will take a nightmare run to push us out of the play offs.
Nevertheless, we cannot be complacent.
I hope the players are hurting, they must use the set back of the last 2 games as a strength to overcome Rangers and Brum.
My real concern is how will Fulham perform in the play offs, whoever we play.
Fitness and lack of pace of so Many players Is a massive worry.
My other worry which is a long term one, is our defence which is so fragile and there is a lack of balance across the back.
Add that to a lack of penetration up front, no impact. Yes we did not have the rub of the green and we should have been ahead at half time, but that's football and goals change games.
So the answer to people who still think that Fulham have the best squad by far in this Division. Well our last two matches v 2 very decent sides shows we are not.
I hope we can take it out on Rangers on Tuesday, we have to otherwise the confidence will ebb away and Scott Parker has to lift the team and crack the whip if he wants to save our season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

In case anyone hasn't noticed we still have a seven point cushion and a slightly superior goal difference. A couple of wins will probably do it, starting on Tuesday against a poor QPR.

South Coast White

We will be 5th tomorrow after Forest smash Huddersfield.