watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leaders and eye contact

Started by Kentish Gent, June 28, 2020, 01:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentish Gent

There's been a lot of talk about the leadership qualities of Scott and Tom Cairney. Both are lacking that front foot, confident demeanour, and it really shows in their FFC TV interviews - both spend the majority of time either looking down or sideways, and only infrequently looking the interviewer square in the eye. I'm no psychologist, but this seems to me an indication that neither of them have the sort of gutsy leadership we need to get across the promotion line. And that's just one reason why I fear that next season we'll still be in the Championship. Or am I talking complete cobblers!!

rebel

Their 'body language' is very telling. Agree with a lot of what you say.

ScalleysDad

Yes and no, (glance sideways). I saw Parker take a training session at Lytham years ago and in a track suit on the pitch he was far more engaging, indeed eloquent, and articulate than he comes across in a suit in front of the tele camera. Some of those interviews are blood curdling. Cairney just is'nt fire and brimstone, not always an asset, but his rather placid and undemonstrative demeanour makes him look awkward. Alas just we need a bit of fire it is'nt going to come from him. (awkward shuffle, touch nose, exit left)

Jims Dentist

Quote from: rebel on June 28, 2020, 01:32:10 PM
Their 'body language' is very telling. Agree with a lot of what you say.
✔✔

FFCFOREVER

Just someone with a  bit of bol1ocks please. Sadly when things get ugly neither has them. Imo of course.

Statto

Sorry but this isn't 1990. The clamour for a Roy Keane type captain  who'll run around, get sent off, fall out with people and deliberately ruin other players' careers when they cross him, all seems a bit Gene Hunt / metric martyr / blue passport to me.

As for the manager, Parker has his issues but anyone saying he lacks mettle clearly never saw him play. That Forestieri challenge remains one of my favourite moments in the last few years.

Nero

The season we went up we had McDonald who was the leader on the pitch, without him we seem to lack someone to get the players  going

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Nero on July 01, 2020, 10:46:59 PM
The season we went up we had McDonald who was the leader on the pitch, without him we seem to lack someone to get the players  going
Yep spot on. Boy do we miss him.

Statto

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on July 01, 2020, 10:51:17 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 01, 2020, 10:46:59 PM
Yep spot on. Boy do we miss him.
Follow the players' social media for a while and you'll see Mcdonald is class clown, not really a leader

Statto

You can't knock Parker for this interview (post-Cardiff with Sky).

Asked whether Hector needs to cut aggression out of his game after a challenge the Sky people didn't like - "I've seen my team stand up to a fight tonight which you know you're going to have to do against a team like Cardiff"

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/12026046/parker-delighted-with-key-three-points

0001.jpeg