watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bentley Back on the Agenda

Started by WhiteJC, November 21, 2010, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

anyone else think Bentley would be good for us?

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=222188

Fulham - Bentley Back on the Agenda!

It was rumoured that Mark Hughes was keen to land the Spurs player, Mark Bentley, before the summer transfer window slammed so emphatically shut.

It`s also suggested that the Spurs, last-ditch successful bid to sign Rafael van der Vaart scuppered Fulham`s chances.

However, it now looks as if, with Bentley out of favour at White Hart Lane, that Hughes will make a fresh approach for the ex-Blackburn player who enjoyed the best spell of his career under Hughes at Ewood Park.

At twenty-six years of age, Bentley should be desperate to get his career back on track, could Craven Cottage be the place to do just that?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=222188#ixzz15vEaOAeF

WhiteJC

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2010/11/premiership/hughes-wants-to-borrow-harrys-bentley

HUGHES WANTS TO BORROW HARRY'S BENTLEY

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is looking to raid Tottenham this January in order to re-unite himself with David Bentley.

There is talk of the move initially being a loan till the end of the season with the potential to become a permanent fixture, if both parties agree a fee.

Hughes managed the right winger in a 2 year stint at Blackburn Rovers earlier in his career, and ideally wouldn't have lost the player to Spurs.

Bentley, 26, has since fallen foul of the high profile names that have been brought to White Hart Lane in order to build on last seasons Champions League qualification.

He was allegedly set to leave Spurs on the last day of the previous transfer window but the protracted nature of Rafael van der Vaarts transfer into the club meant he missed his chance. Bentley now finds himself behind Aaron Lennon and van der Vaart in Redknapps pecking order.

Bentley was once described as having the potential to be England's 'new David Beckham' but, has always struggled to remain consistent with his form which, has often fluctuated from the sublime to the ridiculous at times.

Bentley has undoubted quality from set plays and has the ability to hurt opponents with his crossing but you would feel if he has aspirations of adding to his 7 England caps he needs to remove himself from Aaron Lennon's shadow.

Hughes unquestionably got the best form of his career out of Bentley in their time at Blackburn, and will be hoping that the wideman can replicate that good form in a Fulham side who find themselves languishing in 17th place in the Premiership.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I don't think we need another ego this big!  I believe that we are in for a 'fight' for the rest of the season and we can't afford to bring in any luxury players...

AlFayedsChequebook

All he adds is decent delivery to the box, but since we dont have any tall players up front atm, it seems a bit pointless bringing him in.

Hopefully this is the media going 2+2=5

wadey

TRUST ME........BENTLEY DEAL IS NOT DONE AND DUSTED YET!!!!....FACT(FROM ONE WHO KNOWS!!!)

Senior Supporter

Quote from: wadey on November 23, 2010, 12:40:46 PM
TRUST ME........BENTLEY DEAL IS NOT DONE AND DUSTED YET!!!!....FACT(FROM ONE WHO KNOWS!!!)
So who is hesitating, us or him/them?

wadey

he told my daughter yesterday that its a near certainty he will be coming..just a few things on either side(us and them) that need to be ironed out

alfie

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 23, 2010, 11:48:08 AM
All he adds is decent delivery to the box, but since we dont have any tall players up front atm, it seems a bit pointless bringing him in.

I must just slightly disagree with that, he at least does try to take players on (Duff does'nt and Davies can't do it much now), he also has a bloody good shot, he is fast, and it is something different to what we currently have.

Not too sure that his ego is much of a problem now, i think he has learnt that maybe he is not as good as he thinks he is.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: alfie on November 23, 2010, 01:40:40 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 23, 2010, 11:48:08 AM

I must just slightly disagree with that, he at least does try to take players on (Duff does'nt and Davies can't do it much now), he also has a bloody good shot, he is fast, and it is something different to what we currently have.

Not too sure that his ego is much of a problem now, i think he has learnt that maybe he is not as good as he thinks he is.

If he is the player that you are describing then I will be delighted.

timmyg

If there is one Spurs player I would like to see head southwest, its Vedran Corluka.

But I guess Bentley is a-okay.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

HatterDon

timmyg, I'd prefer Krancjar, but that is probably only because he looks a world-beater against us.

Make no mistake, Bentley would be a huge addition to our team -- but with all due respect to those "on the inside," this will be the 3rd transfer period where we are "definitely getting him," and I still don't think we'll ever get anyone from 'arry the Thug.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Why would we not want him? Hes not the quickest but, next to Dempsey, Duff, Davies and Gera he looks like Usain Bolt!

SIGN HIM UP!
FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: wadey on November 23, 2010, 01:36:04 PM
he told my daughter yesterday that its a near certainty he will be coming..just a few things on either side(us and them) that need to be ironed out

:005: Are you trustable, wadey? :005:

wadey

Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 23, 2010, 06:31:53 PM

...............................................................................................ask Admin or LB.....

Me-ate-Live, innit??

It will need to be a bloody good iron to smooth out 'Arry :)

Mr Fulham

Quote from: wadey on November 23, 2010, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on November 23, 2010, 06:31:53 PM

...............................................................................................ask Admin or LB.....

No, I was just kidding. :Sparkyticus: