watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-On the credit side

Started by bog, July 05, 2020, 08:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

After that double save by their 'keeper 'we' could have thought that it aint going to be 'our' day, but it was a sweet move that brought the winner. They kept on trying until the very very end and got the winner.  :54: 049:gif

092.gif

KJS

:54:
Quote from: bog on July 05, 2020, 08:31:48 AM
After that double save by their 'keeper 'we' could have thought that it aint going to be 'our' day, but it was a sweet move that brought the winner. They kept on trying until the very very end and got the winner.  :54: 049:gif

092.gif

Kent Cassandra

Hello Mike

Hope you and yours are keeping well and safe.
As far as yesterday was concerned we were facing opposition that solely concentrated on not losing.
As we often do we started and  slowly and a bit sloppily and despite lots of possession couldn't break down their well
organised packed defence. After the break we reorganised and put them under constant pressure and you have to give
the Brums credit for defending heroically. I agree that we could have been sharper with our finishing but it is often surprising
what lower opposition that is well organised, disciplined and  defending in numbers can achieve. However from a personal point of view
I enjoyed our winning goal so much that I jumped up and did a lap of the living room.
Next week, Notts forest who are a counter attacking side with a very strong defence are a very tough proposition and we will
do well to get anything out of the match.  We were sucker punched by them in the home match, we know what to expect and am looking
forward to see what formation and  tactics we employ.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

filham

Yes, I too was thrilled to bits by that late winner but really it was just to close for comfort. Our front three look as if they are not going to score for the rest of the season.

bog

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on July 05, 2020, 10:10:40 AM
Hello Mike

Hope you and yours are keeping well and safe.
As far as yesterday was concerned we were facing opposition that solely concentrated on not losing.
As we often do we started and  slowly and a bit sloppily and despite lots of possession couldn't break down their well
organised packed defence. After the break we reorganised and put them under constant pressure and you have to give
the Brums credit for defending heroically. I agree that we could have been sharper with our finishing but it is often surprising
what lower opposition that is well organised, disciplined and  defending in numbers can achieve. However from a personal point of view
I enjoyed our winning goal so much that I jumped up and did a lap of the living room.
Next week, Notts forest who are a counter attacking side with a very strong defence are a very tough proposition and we will
do well to get anything out of the match.  We were sucker punched by them in the home match, we know what to expect and am looking
forward to see what formation and  tactics we employ.

Hello Terry, Thanks for that. I admire your ability to still be able to dance around the room!! It is easy to just defend as you can simply boot the ball anywhere to get rid. To find the back of the net is technically more involved! After the 4-0 v Millwall Forest turned up and did what Brum tried yesterday but were better at it and won 2-1 despite our domination. I want revenge!   Whereabouts are you living now? Hope you are well also.  :54: