News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 Games left. I'm done with the negativity.

Started by AnOldBrownie, July 04, 2020, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 06:52:30 PM
Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been ineffective throughout much of the season but let's just keep playing them regardless!

And?   I've said the same thing about one or the other the entire season.  Point is, there are 5 games left and nothing is going to change last minute for a side that 4th in the table.

What about the playoffs?

(Slavisa changed his starting line-up as late as the semi final second leg to include Kamara, who'd only made sporadic appearances since February)

Because of a forum post?

Look, I contribute to the noise just as much as anyone.   I'm done doing it until the seasons over.   Focusing on the negative might have kept me from witnessing the joy displayed by the players after Onomah's goal today. 

I'm not saying there should be a "this is who I want our next manager to be" post.   I'm just saying I think focusing on the negative is keeping me from seeing what may become a very entertaining playoff run.

There are better managers than Scott Parker.   For the next 5+ weeks I don't care.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 07:29:39 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 06:52:30 PM
Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been ineffective throughout much of the season but let's just keep playing them regardless!

And?   I've said the same thing about one or the other the entire season.  Point is, there are 5 games left and nothing is going to change last minute for a side that 4th in the table.

What about the playoffs?

(Slavisa changed his starting line-up as late as the semi final second leg to include Kamara, who'd only made sporadic appearances since February)

Because of a forum post?

Look, I contribute to the noise just as much as anyone.   I'm done doing it until the seasons over.   Focusing on the negative might have kept me from witnessing the joy displayed by the players after Onomah's goal today. 

I'm not saying there should be a "this is who I want our next manager to be" post.   I'm just saying I think focusing on the negative is keeping me from seeing what may become a very entertaining playoff run.

There are better managers than Scott Parker.   For the next 5+ weeks I don't care.

Of course it wasn't because of a forum post, that goes without saying and is completely besides the point.

The point in the above example was that Slavisa decided for the last two games of the playoffs to deviate from his normal selections and instead put faith in a selection which beforehand was largely untried. Although we'll never know his justification for doing so or what might have unfolded had he stuck to his normal selections, perhaps he felt that on reflection of the previous 47 games that his normal selections weren't optimal for the 'all of nothing' games to come?

If you want to avoid feeling negative and want to feel excited for a potential playoff run then that's your prerogative, but I for one would not feel excited to see Knockaert & Cavaleiro lining up for an 'all or nothing' playoff semi final if their performances continue on their current trajectory.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 05:32:56 PM
Our attack is what it is.
Our players are who they are.
Our manager is who he is.
Our coaches are who they are.

Nothing is going to change over the next 5,6, 7 or 8 games.   It's not.

You just defined why a lot of people are negative.

Sgt Fulham

Thats what I would tell my boss if I was criminally underperforming. Boss, I am who I am, so just leave me alone okay!

As for Mitro, I'm glad we have someone with a bit of fight. We have been a soft team far too long before that.

Brawn

Quite frankly, Parker gets a bad rap because he's not Jokanovic, who some people treat on here as the second coming, despite him being... average as a whole across the four seasons he was here. The expectations on Scotty have been too high from day one. I have to agree with the OP: getting behind the team for once would not go amiss on here. A quick look back through the forum has suggested that we, the fans on here, are overly impatient when it comes to managerial sackings (for example, people wanted Rene out after losing to Hull, i.e. less than a month in the job; people wanted Kit out when we were mid-table with a woeful squad; some wanted Slav out on three separate occasions; some wanted Ranieri out after, er, losing to Arsenal...) so to me a lot of the Parker out nonsense is white noise: annoying, but not helpful.