News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

5 Games left. I'm done with the negativity.

Started by AnOldBrownie, July 04, 2020, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Our attack is what it is.
Our players are who they are.
Our manager is who he is.
Our coaches are who they are.
Our DoF is who it is.

Nothing is going to change over the next 5,6, 7 or 8 games.   It's not.

Hopefully we get both AK47 and Mitro back.  Hopefully we make the playoffs (which is what I wanted anyway)

I'm done being negative until seasons end.

ChesterTheTabby

Thank you. Nothing comes of it. Support the owners, gaffer, players, and fellow supporters! UP THE FULHAM.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

joef

Beat Forest on Tuesday I will consider the outside possibility that this team could win a playoff game, but lose and I struggle to see us progressing in the playoffs because this will be the umpteenth time this season we have gone into a game with a team in and around us needing a win. We have blown countless other chances (except Leeds at home). This isn't pessimism from me, this is the pattern of behaviour for a team low on confidence in its own ability and strangely bereft of fight.
I know I am going to get grief because folk are sick of the negativity on here. I am pragmatic and my negativity comes from the evidence this season not a disliking of anyone or anything in particular about our club. Just the evidence gleaned from of our performances and results this season.
We lose and it proves what we have seen all season, that this team under this manager can't handle the important games.
I like our owners, I think Scott's a good guy but out of his depth, I love the club and I love the Championship. I, like many, just don't see it working this season and that brings out the negativity.

Black and White Town

I don't think it's negativity to say that the team is not performing as well as it should. It's precisely because we want them to succeed that we point out where they need to improve.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Black and White Town on July 04, 2020, 05:57:42 PM
I don't think it's negativity to say that the team is not performing as well as it should. It's precisely because we want them to succeed that we point out where they need to improve.
We've been saying it since game 5. Now it's just noise.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Slaphead in Qatar

We have won 2 games without mitro and ak - give credit to the team and manager.

And hopefully mitro and ak are firing in the play offs.

H4usuallysitting

Mitro's sending off, looked like a message that he's had enough....not sure if that's classed as positive or negative

rebel

Quote from: Black and White Town on July 04, 2020, 05:57:42 PM

Agree 100%.

Mince n Tatties

Its a funny old game as Greavsie used to say to Saint.
Leeds and WBA could lose next three and we win three.
Highly impossible I know, but it's not over till its over.
Coyw.

alfie

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 04, 2020, 06:19:45 PM
Mitro's sending off, looked like a message that he's had enough....not sure if that's classed as positive or negative
Why did it look like he's had enough?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

Quote from: alfie on July 04, 2020, 06:32:32 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 04, 2020, 06:19:45 PM
Why did it look like he's had enough?

I'm guessing that Mitro's "lack of discipline" was what caused "issues" between him and Rafa, elbowing someone in the face could be seen as Mitro slipping back into a less disciplined frame of mind?
personally I think promotion or not he'll stay with us for next season, however depending on how the team are performing I can see him looking to move on at Christmas

Brian McGroom

Logicalman

I agree that Mitro has, perhaps, a more sinister side to him, one that he has curbed since arriving at the Cottage, but there have been very few strikers who don't have that streak it seems. On reflection, perhaps I'm referring to the old-fashioned strikers who were built for the physical game and could bot give and take it, which Mitro reminds me of.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Brian McGroom on July 04, 2020, 06:40:54 PM
When did Mitro get sent off?

Perhaps artistic licence, when he forearmed the guy he must have known the consequences to come, sooner or later.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on July 04, 2020, 06:43:40 PM
I agree that Mitro has, perhaps, a more sinister side to him, one that he has curbed since arriving at the Cottage, but there have been very few strikers who don't have that streak it seems. On reflection, perhaps I'm referring to the old-fashioned strikers who were built for the physical game and could bot give and take it, which Mitro reminds me of.
yes, Shearer was a dirty player too, as was the Chelsea bloke who left recently, name escapes me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

domprague

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 05:32:56 PM
Our attack is what it is.
Our players are who they are.
Our manager is who he is.
Our coaches are who they are.
Our DoF is who it is.

Nothing is going to change over the next 5,6, 7 or 8 games.   It's not.

Hopefully we get both AK47 and Mitro back.  Hopefully we make the playoffs (which is what I wanted anyway)

I'm done being negative until seasons end.

Well said.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

MikeTheCubed

Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been ineffective throughout much of the season but let's just keep playing them regardless!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 06:52:30 PM
Knockaert & Cavaleiro have been ineffective throughout much of the season but let's just keep playing them regardless!

And?   I've said the same thing about one or the other the entire season.  Point is, there are 5 games left and nothing is going to change last minute for a side that 4th in the table.

Statto

Quote from: joef on July 04, 2020, 05:54:41 PM
Beat Forest on Tuesday I will consider the outside possibility that this team could win a playoff game, but lose and I struggle to see us progressing in the playoffs because this will be the umpteenth time this season we have gone into a game with a team in and around us needing a win.

This is roughly where I am too. As it stands our most likely opponents in a playoff semifinal are forest and I believe we'd go into that as slight favourites with the bookies. And we are above them, after all. But we haven't generally done well against top 6 sides and if they do the double over us, it's hard to see how we can expect to beat them over two legs in the playoffs.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 04, 2020, 07:11:19 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 06:52:30 PM

And?   I've said the same thing about one or the other the entire season.  Point is, there are 5 games left and nothing is going to change last minute for a side that 4th in the table.

What about the playoffs?

(Slavisa changed his starting line-up as late as the semi final second leg to include Kamara, who'd only made sporadic appearances since February)