watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we stand any chance against Forest ?

Started by Enfield, July 04, 2020, 07:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

They are average. We will see whether we are slightly above or below average. Including the playoffs.

snarks

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 04, 2020, 08:10:10 PM
Why's the chauffeur picking the team?

It's a "Thunderbirds " reference Parker was Lady Penelope's chauffeur

Brawn

Yes, I think. We've played fairly well since the restart without much luck in the first two games in particular. We had a poor first half today but we absolutely dominated the second half and on another day would have scored 3 or 4.

AnOldBrownie

Screw Forest.

049:gif  Bring on Tuesday!!

Andy S

General

Initially based on how we've done since the restart I'd have said no, especially as when we played them we were all style and no substance and they are quite clinical, grabban in particular did very well against us in a smash and grab from them at the cottage but, whilst our performances have left a lot to be desired (even with 70-80% possession against Birmingham over the entire 90 mins leading to a last minute goal and our first shot on target coming in the 65th minute or so), a deeper look suggests it could be another close one and we could possibly nick it - although it is an away game.

So far forest have played Huddersfield, Derby, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday and have won two and drawn two. Most of those teams are in the middle to bottom half of the league derby aside and their three last games have seen their opposing team each have a player sent off (which may be indicative of forests tactics?).. our forward line unless they freely interchange with each other could struggle if forest are a physical side. Maybe Bryan on the left wing may help? Also have reed and a solid CM

sunburywhite

Quote from: Statto on July 04, 2020, 11:27:17 PM
Latest Skybet odds. Oddly we're perceived to be slight underdogs for the match but still much more likely to get promoted. Perhaps due to Mitro's absence for the match.

Forest win 6/4
Fulham win 9/5

Forest to go up 11/2
Fulham to go up 2/1

Fulham only 7/4 on PaddyPower
Draw might be a good bet at 11/5
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

Of course we can win this but we have to
Neutralise Jolley
Exploit the space behind Cash
Get crosses into the 'corridoor of uncertainty' - Samba is suspect
Don't let Watson get a hold of the game - he was excellent yesterday vsDerby
Stay tight on Grabban

COYW!

filham

filham

Quote from: Brawn on July 05, 2020, 01:12:32 AM
Yes, I think. We've played fairly well since the restart without much luck in the first two games in particular. We had a poor first half today but we absolutely dominated the second half and on another day would have scored 3 or 4.
Yes we had a poor first half and what should have been a disastrous first ten minutes. Give those early chances to Forrest and it could be game over after ten minutes.

colinwhite

of course we have . O yee of little Faith

rebel

Grabban is up there for goals and assists.

keithh

I'm not enthused with the current style of play that leads to 70/75% possession but not getting a shot away until the second half. Are they being coached to "play safe" and wait for an opportunity once the opposing team get tired of chasing the ball? Perhaps it might work if we stopped making the occasional wayward pass that usually ends up in our net.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 04, 2020, 09:21:16 PM
If we can plonk half a jar of winter green under Hectors nose and slap his face before kick off we may have half a chance. Someone needed to tell him we kicked off this afternoon!
Hector must stop Grabben so in the wide awake club please.

Winter Green Fernhurst? Now there's a name from the past! Most would think this a place where they play cricket! Oh and 1-2 Tuesday.   049:gif

092.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 04, 2020, 09:29:48 PM
Don't think I've seen a team start games so slowly as we've done this season.
Its as if they have three cups of cocoa before they take the field half asleep.

We seem to have to do badly in games before we do well.

H4usuallysitting

We'll annihilate them....with skill, fight and a sprinkling of spirit.... I feel sorry for them, they don't know what's going to hit them

filham

Quote from: HV71 on July 05, 2020, 10:21:22 AM
Of course we can win this but we have to
Neutralise Jolley
Exploit the space behind Cash
Get crosses into the 'corridoor of uncertainty' - Samba is suspect
Don't let Watson get a hold of the game - he was excellent yesterday vsDerby
Stay tight on Grabban

COYW!

Also score a couple of goals and stop playing Parkerball around our own box.