watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do we stand any chance against Forest ?

Started by Enfield, July 04, 2020, 07:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enfield

Don't think so. I think the chauffeur will field a team of defenders and try for a draw.

Statto

Luka

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Enfield on July 04, 2020, 07:34:06 PM
I think the chauffeur will field a team of defenders and try for a draw.

I don't think this would be a bad idea; the team has proven to be fairly good at grinding out results when it's been necessitated. It's attacking play and goal scoring which have let the team down despite attack-minded selections.

BestOfBrede

Bill2

I missed the home fixture but from what I heard and read we battered them so why cant we do it again. They will not be looking forward to this fixture.

Chestfield John

Don,t forget Forest will not put 10 players behind the ball. Can anyone remember a good game against Birmingham at home. They always come to the cottage and pack their defence and play for a 0-0 or hope to nick it on a breakaway. Boring team to watch.

bobbo

Yes we do as answer to op , but we really must not let them score first coz the shut up shop when they do.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

SP

I can't run scared from a team that's fielding Ben Watson.

Fernhurst

If we can plonk half a jar of winter green under Hectors nose and slap his face before kick off we may have half a chance. Someone needed to tell him we kicked off this afternoon!
Hector must stop Grabben so in the wide awake club please.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

Don't think I've seen a team start games so slowly as we've done this season.
Its as if they have three cups of cocoa before they take the field half asleep.

filham

We have not much chance of winning against Forrest so put out a weak team and surrender the game thus ensuring we have a fit team to field three days later and when Mitro is back against Cardiff at the Cottage. Also the real performances against Forrest can wait until the two matches against them in the play offs.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 04, 2020, 09:21:16 PM
If we can plonk half a jar of winter green under Hectors nose and slap his face before kick off we may have half a chance. Someone needed to tell him we kicked off this afternoon!
Hector must stop Grabben so in the wide awake club please.

Agreed, watched the early match today and Grabban played well. He's a threat, no doubt, and Ream will not handle him, it will need Hector and Odoi to double-team him out of the game, especially if they go with just Grabban up front alone as they did today. Derby played well, and the stats don't lie, but Grabban couldn't hit a barn door today because Derby looked to close him down. Like Bobbo said though, if they get theirs noses in front they tend to try and defend the lead. That's what happened today and Derby were hammering at them until they finally relinquished the goal.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Finnans Right Peg

We have a chance in every game we play or at least I believe that .we need to concentrate for the full match and start on the front foot .They are not world beaters by any strech

ChesterTheTabby

We have every chance and more. We're the better team, both on league position and on paper based on players. Mitro will be back. 2-0 to the Whites after a 1-0 win against Cardiff to shut up the moaners.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

blingo

Sgt Fulham

Forest are crap in the opposite way we are. They spend 80% of the game being battered and then pop up with a goal. I'd definitely say they're favourites, but we stand a very good chance if we actually turn up for once

Woolly Mammoth

Forest flatter to deceive we should not fear them any more than we feared Brum. Do not respected them just make them respect us.
Turning them over on their own patch will dent their confidence. Yes Grabban can be a threat but they are not a team we need to fear, just make sure we give them a bloody nose on Tuesday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Latest Skybet odds. Oddly we're perceived to be slight underdogs for the match but still much more likely to get promoted. Perhaps due to Mitro's absence for the match.

Forest win 6/4
Fulham win 9/5

Forest to go up 11/2
Fulham to go up 2/1