Started by Robbie, July 04, 2020, 08:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

The Big Striker.  The Big Name.
Too big for the boat.
Happens all the time.

terryr

MikeTheCubed

He certainly can be a problem, but then so could Berbatov.

rebel

We've become one dimensional, everything has to go through Mitro, it was the same with Berbatov. We are so predictable.

SP

I prefer to enjoy him while he's here, he'll be on his way all too soon.

Logicalman

Quote from: rebel on July 04, 2020, 08:47:44 PM
We've become one dimensional, everything has to go through Mitro, it was the same with Berbatov. We are so predictable.

So what happens when he's missing? Change of tactics and we get some level of success.

Put those two together and perhaps that is the answer. Teams look at the way we play, they mark Mitro off the park and so our game plan is broken down.
Perhaps when Mitro does play then change the plan to start using him and then switch it over to not use him but have him run off the ball and take oppos with him, then change it back again?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Finnans Right Peg

Mitro isn't the problem our tactics and system is the problem .We dont have to always look to Mitro for every attack we need to stop using the wingers on their wrong side and put on the correct side with overlapping full backs and get crosses into the box and mitro will score for fun with tom on box for any shots that might come his way

Mince n Tatties

Get rid,always said he was overrated.
Carthorse.👺😁

filham

Just can't see goals coming without Mitro , so looking forward to seeing him back in the team next Friday at the Cottage against Cardiff.
May have to consider resting Cav. and Knock though, I think they are underperforming and Mitro could benefit with Kebano and Reid in the wide positions.

Enfield

"perhaps when Mitro does play then change the plan to start using him and then switch it over to not use him but have him run off the ball and take oppos with him, then change it back again? "

This kind of strategy should be an everyday tactic for any manager, most Sunday league teams will have that in their locker, unfortunately we don't, although seasoned pro's should have enough initiative to introduce this kind of play pattern themselves when direction is lacking.

Mince n Tatties

Might come back with a bee in his bonnet thinking I've got to step up after the team winning without me.
Can see a hat trick looming on Friday night.

fulhamben

We certainly play differently when he doesn't play. Imo we don't play to mitros strengths and for a lot of the time he is so isolated and can't bring people into the game. I'm sure he only has like one assist, which is as much to do with our over attackers as it is mitro,which is crazy considering how good of a target man he is. We don't get the best out of him,  except when ak plays. He links up so well with mitro, anticipates the knock ons, does the donkey work and draws defenders away from mitro as they actually have to think about marking someone else.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

We have won despite not having Mitro in the team. We have looked pretty toothless without him. I don't care if we failed to score in the first two matches, we have still missed him badly.

Whitestone

Joint top scorer in the Championship this season. Can't see a problem with that.

spikey norman

Personally I can't wait for Mitro to be back and start bullying those opposition defences!

RoyTund

Goodness no. It's not like we've suddenly played well is it?

St Eve

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Twig